Official ProVari Radius Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxJole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2010
Dallas
Got mine, not your average vape guy I guess. Been on the battery for 12 years plus. Went from pure smoker ( only mod at the time) , silver bullet to the first pro vari, then the second edition. Someone talked me into an eleaf because of the battery life. After that POS kept auto firing I said never another mode that's not a Pro Vape. Funny I been on cinnamon red hot exclusively for at least 3 years (can't mess up cinnamon). I feel the Pro Vape quality again.

Kasanova

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2014
Wiggles, NJ
Mine does as well. What wattage do you Vape at?

Sent from my iPhone

I use to vape it at 15-17 watts, with a Kayfun, coil was a 1.2 ohm, 28 gauge, 7/8 wraps, wrapped around a 2.4mm bit. My AW 18350's would be "empty" on less than 30 puffs lol. It was funny seeing the number gauge drop 4-5% each time a took puff on the 18350s lol.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Well you lot suck at enabling :laugh:

I have uhmed about it enough, fed up thinking about it, so just ordered it :D

SV1rp6Q.png

Vape360

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 13, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    www.ProVape.com
    Well, if provape did the same as they did with the P3, the battery will cut out around 3.7-3.8V, which is equivalent to 50-60% charged batteries. At 25-35 watts, you will be expected to change the battery around 3 times through out the day. I was vaping the P3 at 16-18 watts and had to change an 18650 twice just to last me to 7pm, my days usually starts at 8:30am. Just make sure you have extra batteries and your good to go :).

Hi Kasanova,

The P3 cuts the battery around 3.2-3.3 and the Radius will go even lower due to the connection type on the bottom.

Typically when you see a battery cut at 3.7-3.8 it's not because the P3 is instructed to stop at that voltage, but rather the connection is causing it. If the spring or any connections to the battery are not making solid contact, the device will think the battery is at end of charge due to the increase in internal resistance.

In the Radius we bypass the power going through the spring which keeps the resistance very low and resolves connection issues and false low battery alerts due to a poor connection or compressed spring etc.

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014
    Well, if provape did the same as they did with the P3, the battery will cut out around 3.7-3.8V, which is equivalent to 50-60% charged batteries. At 25-35 watts, you will be expected to change the battery around 3 times through out the day. I was vaping the P3 at 16-18 watts and had to change an 18650 twice just to last me to 7pm, my days usually starts at 8:30am. Just make sure you have extra batteries and your good to go :).
    A 3.7 or 3.8 cut out seems premature to me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 11, 2014
    Tampa, FL
    Well you lot suck at enabling :laugh:

I have uhmed about it enough, fed up thinking about it, so just ordered it :D

SV1rp6Q.png

Actually, I think we're quite good at enabling. Evidence? You joined the club and ordered one.

Mission accomplished!

Now we move on to our next conquest!

Buahahahahahahahahahah!!

Oh and congratulations! I think you're going to be really really happy with your Radius!

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 21, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    vapefight.com
    So, I got home and tore into two boxes.

The Radius is a Pravari through and through. I too couldn't figger out how to remove the stupid plastic tag that simply says Pull on it. I also had to loosen the battery bottom, then pull.

Welcome to our Club /lol

Houston! We have a small issue. @Vape360 - That's three of us so far. Perhaps a note in the box or ?

Yea, I also bounced that tiny tiny USB port plug off the backsplash. That was my fault but like you, it's back in the box.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 27, 2014
    Thanks Willy, but my P3 has been out of commission for a while. If I look for it, I wouldn't be able to find it lol.
    This is a shame...

Send it to me for proper disposal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2014
    Cali
    Thanks again Mr. 360 for the contest. Very happy radii winner here and eagerly awaiting shipping notification!
    What color did you choose? I went blue and like others still waiting. I've already bugged Kenny once to make sure he got my message but no reply yet. I'd bug him again but I don't want to seem over eager.

Ah who am I kidding. I'm so excited I won I'm ready to drive to Wa to get my prize[emoji23]

Vape360

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 13, 2009
    Monroe, WA
    www.ProVape.com
    Welcome to our Club /lol

Houston! We have a small issue. @Vape360 - That's three of us so far. Perhaps a note in the box or ?

Yea, I also bounced that tiny tiny USB port plug off the backsplash. That was my fault but like you, it's back in the box.

Hmm, we have been able to pull the battery isolation tabs and didn't have any issues.

I will check some units tomorrow and see if we need to make any changes.

For those wondering what this is, it's a plastic strip that disconnects the battery from the device during transit and storage. Once you get the device you pull this tab out and toss it.

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    So, I got home and tore into two boxes.

The Radius is a Pravari through and through. I too couldn't figger out how to remove the stupid plastic tag that simply says Pull on it. I also had to loosen the battery bottom, then pull. OK, my dumb moment for the day. Then I pulled the little USB cover off, too fast, and the teeny tiny little sucker went somewhere. I thought it landed on the floor, so for about ten minutes I looked like a mentally challenged person rubbing my hands all over the kitchen floor and the rug runner on top of the wood floor. I found it. And where was it? On the kitchen counter, which is granite with lot's of black in it. A teeny tiny little USB cover on granite with lot's of black makes the teeny tiny USB cover go back in the box for safe keeping or it will soon be forever lost.

Next up was the Kabuki. It has a truly solid and perfectly finished look. I cleaned it carefully and guessed at the air hole hex screw as to what would likely work best for me. Dried it carefully, primed the 1.6 ohm BVC it came with, used a wee bit of juice on the O-Ring (I had read that doing so makes it much easier to close her up after filling her with juice), then closed her up and put her on the Radius.

Dinner was ready, so I just left her charging (an Apple Brick works great for wall charging, BTW), set the watts to my usual 10 watts, then we ate dinner (steamed squash and zuchini and chicken wings - Yummm).

I'm finally vaping on it. My first imressions are WOW on all fronts. It's a Provari through and through. It feels solid in my hands and the button works, well, just like a Provari should. The menu for anyone who owns a P3 is very similar, but simpler, so I don't even think I'll need to read the on-line manual.

And the Kabuki looks FANTASTIC on top. And the Kabuki vapes GREAT. Better than I imagined, to be honest. I started at 10 watts, but have pushed it all the way up to 11 watts and it's producing great tasting vapor and a lot of it too! Zen, you did a great job with the Kabuki. I was hoping to be able to use some of my own drip tips, but couldn't get any of them to fit, so the Delrin tip supplied with the Kabuki is it and that's OK. It works just fine. But I'm counting on you to find and make available Cabernet Red O-Rings and Drip Tips. OK?

This is my first ever box mod. I must admit I like the form factor. It's shorter than a P3 in 18490 mode, and fits my hand really nicely. Whether I'll ever use watts above 11 remains to be seen, but that wasn't my reason for getting it to begin with.

@Vape360 and @Monster Kenny, I can't thank you all enough for giving me the Radius. You've got an amazing WINNER on your hands and I hope you sell bazillions of them.

And now the requisite pictures (which I'll upload from Tapatalk) in a moment!
    a2e5495764b0c93af5194f73e85ea6ff.jpg
    445c289b59fc66ce91356c834845d2dc.jpg
    6aa7a72456fdca5cad1927b5fe2b150a.jpg
    3d54d8a318e5a069d3381259bcfd686b.jpg

I gotta say that Cabernet looks sharp.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread