Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
Nicfits, I've got LorAnn Sassafras and Clove. Both are insoluble in water. The LorAnn site shows this - click on Item Details on each flavor page for that info.

Don't know about sassafras and clove. Not my favs.

All the ones I am interested in, are soluable in water. here is a quote from the Item details on Lorannoils chocolate.

Chocolate Flavor
Product Number:0170-0100
Kosher Certified. Contains: Artificial Flavor, Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethyl Alcohol, Red 40, Yellow 6, Blue 1. Soluble in water. Appropriate for use in chocolates and coatings.

0170-0100.jpg

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Don't know about sassafras and clove. Not my favs.

All the ones I am interested in, are soluable in water. here is a quote from the Item details on Lorannoils chocolate.

Chocolate Flavor
Product Number:0170-0100
Kosher Certified. Contains: Artificial Flavor, Water, Propylene Glycol, Ethyl Alcohol, Red 40, Yellow 6, Blue 1. Soluble in water. Appropriate for use in chocolates and coatings.

Don't forget....you're inhaling those colorings into your lungs.

Lu

justus6

Feb 23, 2009
Massachusetts
Hm... just figured out that vitamin E may well just make water-based soluble in oil. If so I'd need a different emulsifier to do the reverse and make oil-based soluble in water. Shouldn't be too hard to test before using it in an e-cig at all. Just see if the result washes away easily or not...
I probably shouldn't be doing research at almost 2am.

all an emulsifier does is make water and oil combine it will not make an oil soluble in water. Most emulsifiers are wax or oil based.
Take lotion for instance it is part water part oil E-wax (emulsifying wax)
is used to combine and hold it all together put that same lotion into water and it will not completely dissolve i t still has an oil content.

True soap is not made with an emulsifier. Soap is made when fats or oils are Saponofied by Lye. (Saponofication is the chemical reaction)
The finished product soap is an emulsifier but you do not want to add that to your e juice

Sunshyn

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
CT, USA
www.sblades.com
Thank you for explaining that justus6.

With the soap I was pointing out that it makes it possible to wash away grease and oils which otherwise are terribly hard to get rid of. There still may be something there which might help with better cleaning of atomizers - Not soap itself, since I'm sure soapy tasting vapor would pretty much defeat the purpose.

studinski

Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
on the road & Montgomery, AL
all an emulsifier does is make water and oil combine it will not make an oil soluble in water. Most emulsifiers are wax or oil based.
Take lotion for instance it is part water part oil E-wax (emulsifying wax)
is used to combine and hold it all together put that same lotion into water and it will not completely dissolve i t still has an oil content.

True soap is not made with an emulsifier. Soap is made when fats or oils are Saponofied by Lye. (Saponofication is the chemical reaction)
The finished product soap is an emulsifier but you do not want to add that to your e juice
You sound like a soap or toiletry maker.....

<---- soap maker here :)

Sarah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread