Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
... but I am no diabetes expert.

Anybody have experience along these lines they would be willing to share ?

Sure is nicer on this porch than mine. Never made it out of single digits today.

Neither am I. But I've read some ECF info and as I remember, no major issues. I would highly recommend that you do an ECF search for 'diabetes' or 'diabetics' in titles. Also try the Health forum.

Best o' luck with your v-vert friend and da weather!
thumbsup.gif

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Hi, everyone -
Hope y'all are staying warm! I have a noob question for you. I've been using an emax twist (vv), like it just fine. I know I need at least a second battery. I've been kinda taken by the innokin iTaste VV V3.0. Also been looking at the replaceable battery mods. Question is, which should I go for? Or should I just stay with a twist? Wish I had an unlimited budget to try everything but ... Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience.
Honestly.... I would lean toward the replacable battery. Sometimes more annoying having to replace when it does, but not more so than having to charge a battery-in device. And when the battery dies you get a new battery, not a whole new PV
I would also recommend getting at least 3 devices.
The twist you have is good, get an MVP and the iTaste. You don't have to get them all at once. Just as you can afford them.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The VV V3 is really cute. You might check http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/variable-voltage-apv-discussion/476013-innokin-itaste-vv-v3-owners-group.html to find out more about it and find out where the best prices are right now.

But, if you think the MVP2 is too dull, take a look here: Authentic Innokin Itaste MVP 2 0 Energy. They even have one called Petals that has flowers on it. I know it's ebay. But, people here have been buying from this vendor and swear by them. I'm thinking of getting the Petals MVP2 myself.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The VV3 is a nice little device, good performer. Just 800 mAh, though, so a bit small in the vape time between charges. But with it and your current VV you might be fine.

Big brother MVPv2 is 2600 mAh, so will run a couple days for most people, and of course it's a bit bigger and heavier. The necessary trade off for longer run time.

Both are "pass-thru", so you can use them while charging them.

And any tube mode will be bigger yet, and also need at least two batteries and charger for them, so up front costs will be higher, but should be less over the long term.

And there are times when my VV3 or Spinner is preferred over bigger packages. I'll keep one on a lanyard when I'm driving, never need to figure out where to put it - just let go and it's fine :)

I hear 101 Vapes mentioned a lot for good prices on the VV3, but don't know their current stock.

MissMcVayp

ECF Veteran
Dec 25, 2013
Florida
Hi, everyone -
Hope y'all are staying warm! I have a noob question for you. I've been using an emax twist (vv), like it just fine. I know I need at least a second battery. I've been kinda taken by the Innokin iTaste VV V3.0. Also been looking at the replaceable battery mods. Question is, which should I go for? Or should I just stay with a twist? Wish I had an unlimited budget to try everything but ... Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience.

Granted I'm new and have no clue what I'm doing, lol... but I have vision twists and ego twists. I have four - 2 1300 and 2 1100 and a very small one for emergency back-up should I have to charge all of the others at the same time for some unforeseeable reason, lol. Each is a different colour so I can buy shiny (and cheap, lol) matching drip-tips. I like the VV's and I like they're contained batteries as the mods made me too nervous. The four of them cost me less than 100 bucks. I have 3 and a half chargers, one lives at work and one in my purse and the others live at home.

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
Neither am I. But I've read some ECF info and as I remember, no major issues. I would highly recommend that you do an ECF search for 'diabetes' or 'diabetics' in titles. Also try the Health forum.

Best o' luck with your v-vert friend and da weather!
thumbsup.gif

I think I just had a senior moment ....:oops: I'm a long time member of 4 other forums and never even thought of using the search....how embarrassing....

* goes to blackboard...writes " I will use the search feature before I ask noob questions" ...100 times*

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Granted I'm new and have no clue what I'm doing, lol... but I have vision twists and ego twists. I have four - 2 1300 and 2 1100 and a very small one for emergency back-up should I have to charge all of the others at the same time for some unforeseeable reason, lol. Each is a different colour so I can buy shiny (and cheap, lol) matching drip-tips. I like the VV's and I like they're contained batteries as the mods made me too nervous. The four of them cost me less than 100 bucks. I have 3 and a half chargers, one lives at work and one in my purse and the others live at home.

err, ummm - a 1/2 charger ?????

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I think I just had a senior moment ....:oops: I'm a long time member of 4 other forums and never even thought of using the search....how embarrassing....

* goes to blackboard...writes " I will use the search feature before I ask noob questions" ...100 times*

It's a whole bunch more fun to ask people on here. So just go to the board and write, "I know the right people". heehee

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Good evening everyone. Hope you all are doing well.

I have a friend I would like to introduce to vaping. I know the next time I see him, he's going to have a million questions and want to try it. Hopefully he can shake the smokes using it. My concern is that he is diabetic...any vape related problems ? The only concern I can think of would be sweeteners in the liquid, but I am no diabetes expert.

Sure is nicer on this porch than mine. Never made it out of single digits today.

do a search of ECF I remember a thread last spring over vaping and diabetes but be danged if I can find it now

kariM

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Lethbridge, AB, CA
That is me but I don't half to turn off the oxygen lol thanks to vaping.!:toast: The cancer bug can hide for many years before exposing it's ugly head. I had been vaping 4 years when I was dianosed.I had no cancer history within me or my family.So hope and pray you quit smoking in time because not being able to breathe sure ain't no fun and the oxygen bottle looks mighty good when you are out of air. I usually keep this on the other porch but being as it was mentioned i thought I might as well post it here. The doc's don't think I have a lot of time left but my Jesus is the one that determines my departure so whenever that is I'm prepared. They are moving me back over to my old place in my daughters backyard so they can keep a closer eye on me. It is very nice so I.m happy and will get to see the grandkids a lot more often:D.

Iwill see you all HTOITA

{{HUGS}} and continued prayers for you TX. Glad you will be near family for both you and them.

Hi, everyone -
Hope y'all are staying warm! I have a noob question for you. I've been using an emax twist (vv), like it just fine. I know I need at least a second battery. I've been kinda taken by the Innokin iTaste VV V3.0. Also been looking at the replaceable battery mods. Question is, which should I go for? Or should I just stay with a twist? Wish I had an unlimited budget to try everything but ... Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience.

I have a several Vision Spinners, eGo Twists and the iTaste VV V3.0 and I really like all of them. I just have to note that I have had my Twists for 14 months, my Spinner for a year and the iTaste just since last August. I have just continued to add devices every so often - that way they will hopefully not all wear out at the same time.

So you could go with the iTaste now because it would be an easier transition from the Twists and then add something with replaceable batteries the next time you want to add to your collection. In my case I added an eVic and I use it with a 18350 tube and battery and I really like it too.

I am staying warm wrapped in my "blue" Snuggly so Uncle Willie I hope you can fine your leopard print one real soon.

Thanks for putting this up I have to run to the P.O. and collect vape mail...lucky me it shows up today on my 2 year vape-a-versary! :banana:

Thanks for the Ω shortcut! :toast:

Congratulations on the Two year vape-a-versary! The_Happy_Dance_by_SteveRowlands.jpg

Bolivar

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Surrounded by cows and wheat
Got 2 vape mails coming. A bottle of radiator pluid should be here tomorrow (anybody tried it ?), and a rda (igo w) on Friday . Gotta snag me some cotton balls and kanthol tomorrow. I found some cotton balls, but when I started boiling them, the steam smelled like a medicine cabinet, so I am going all out and get a new bag for vape only. Well, maybe vape and gun maintenance....I'll stash 'em in the man cave.

How about that! Vape mail will get me out of the house in nasty weather...

Kim B.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
STL MO
I was wondering, did most of you more experienced vapers move on to mech mods and/or dripping? I see posts throughout ECF talking about how much better the flavor of a juice is in a drip atty, is it really? Threads I read about mech mods make them seem a little intimidating (kicks, switches, etc.) and I can't seem to find any info about just plain old starting out with a mech mod and I don't have enough knowledge about them to ask questions in the mech mod forums. Are there mech mods that you can just use a tank with such as a PT, Davide, etc. or is that defeating the purpose of a mech? Do I even need one to give dripping a try? I'm mainly interested in a mech because of the longer use time they have between charging/ changing batteries and not having to replace the whole thing if the battery goes bad. I currently have a couple of iTaste vv v3s, are there simple to use/clean drip attys that will work with them?

Any info is much appreciated!

Last edited:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I'm currently "stopped" at VV/VW mods. I like the convenience of being able to "tune" my vape for different flavors, and of not having to be overly concerned that all my coils are exactly the same resistance. A good replaceable battery VV/VW mod will have about the same vape time (given equivalent batteries) as a mech. The Kick in a mech is an add-on bit that provides VW for a mech.

Seems like most of the mechanicals have only 510 threading, not Ego as well. Many VV/VW mods have both, and I like the versatility of that as well. (VV3, MVP have both as well.) So any 510 threaded topper, including drippers, PTs, Davides, etc. should work fine on them.

Muldemar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Frostbite Falls,MN
Good evening everyone. Hope you all are doing well.

I have a friend I would like to introduce to vaping. I know the next time I see him, he's going to have a million questions and want to try it. Hopefully he can shake the smokes using it. My concern is that he is diabetic...any vape related problems ? The only concern I can think of would be sweeteners in the liquid, but I am no diabetes expert.

I sent you a PM Bud:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread