Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Essential Depot is moving to a new facility and reducing their prices by 15% on existing inventory. I just ordered a gallon of VG and a gallon of PG for a total of $50.57, shipping included. With 2 gallons of VG and a quart of PG already on hand, I think I'm set for life. (Now where have I heard that before?)
http://www.essentialdepot.com/category/glycerin-components.html

Edit: Gary beat me to it. What he said.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I talked to mom this morning. She is still using the tanks / battery I gave her. Says she does better with it some days than others. She did say her last pack of smokes lasted over two days so she's cut back a lot. She likes the unflavored juice but I'm not sure she's using it enough to get the nic she needs to take cigs off her mind. She said she has the hardest time after meals and when the phone rings. That's when she wants to smoke the most.

What nic level is she at?

ETA: So how is the bacon on that pizza?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Good grief! I just spent 30 minutes looking for the chimney top to my KFL. I took it apart to clean & rewick & it unscrewed at the clear section & at the top of the chimney leaving the chimney top inside the top parts of the body. So I screwed it back together & tried again & it unscrewed at the base & the bottom metal section like I'd wanted. I unscrewed the bottom of the chimney chamber rinsed everything & set them aside to dry while I dry burned & rewicked. Dried stuff off, & started to put it back together. Chimney bottom chamber on.....no chimney. Where'd the chimney go? No chimney. Looked all over the desk, pulled tissues out of the trash by the desl, not on bathroom counter, not in bathroom trash, not on floor....where'd my chimney go? I finally found it! Can anyone read the sequence of events above & guess where I found it?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Tried another one with less cotton in the coil , could pull it through relatively easily.
Again good for a few vapes then the sizzle after letting go of the button then wispy tasteless air coming out.
Tried probably 12 different wicking and all the same , good for a few vapes then sizzles after letting go of button and wispy tasteless air.
No dry hits and when take apart all the wick is soaked.

ETA - I have read a couple of other people on the internet having this issue but no replies that offered any solutions.

You get sizzling because the coil has a lot of wire and the wire is getting hot. Then, it takes a while to cool off after you've removed the power. Try this: let go of the the power button a few seconds before you stop drawing on the coil (that is, you should still be drawing when the coil is sizzling). That way, you're drawing off all of the vapor that the coil produces instead of letting the juice get overheated because the coil is still hot. It's the juice getting overheated that kills the flavor. Also, the vapor is wispy and tasteless both because you're starting your draw before the coil gets hot enough, and also because the juice on the wick was overheated from the previous draw.

The fix is to either to start the draw a second or two after you press the power button and to continue to draw for a few seconds after you let go of the button, OR to build a smaller coil with less wire (like 6 wraps of 30 gauge at 2.5mm instead of 10 wraps of 24 gauge at 3mm.).

I agree with Papa. Too much metal. And maybe the metal to wick ratio is also part of it?

I would have thought that yet I use the lemo with the same build in it the same way and its fine. Perhaps smaller chamber making a difference, although it was the same when i had a build in it that was two wraps less.

Already mentioned, but due to the differing geometry, the same coil/wick arrangement may not work the same. Airflow changes.

I talked to mom this morning. She is still using the tanks / battery I gave her. Says she does better with it some days than others. She did say her last pack of smokes lasted over two days so she's cut back a lot. She likes the unflavored juice but I'm not sure she's using it enough to get the nic she needs to take cigs off her mind. She said she has the hardest time after meals and when the phone rings. That's when she wants to smoke the most.

IIRC, you started her really low, didn't you? As was mentioned, maybe too low to be really effective for her. When I started, 18 was suggested for my smoking habits, and I was a dual user for the first week, until I got back down to town and got some 24. Haven't smoked since, although I have dropped back down to 18 over the years. Maybe give her two toppers with different strengths?

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
The current ED PG/VG combo price is $3 - 6 lower than I've paid in the past. I get my PG/VG only from ED. Although I still have 'bout 3/4 gallon of each, gonna be optimistic and reorder!

Dat should last me until da next generation 3D 'printers dat will be capable to 'mix' 'em from water and ethanol...
whistle.gif

BTW, da current ED price works out to $.00667 per ml delivered to your door!

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
To bad we cannot find flavoring at that per ml price... That would be sweet...

Yes, flavor is the most expensive part in my juices (partly because I use a high percentage of flavor, and partly just because). But, those 4oz flavors at TFA are pretty reasonable, and I just ordered 7 more - Brown Sugar, Butterscotch, Cinnamon Danish, Marshmallow, Pear, Pineapple, and Watermelon Candy. Only $52.25 total, plus $6.10 for shipping (I would have orderd Dulce de Leche as well, but it would have pushed the shipping up another $2, so next time). My favorite DIYs so far are still the Strawberry Graham and Creams, and the Caramel Apple and Creams. Still haven't quite made the Double Chocolate Clear work well in anything, which is a disappointment. I have a few mixes that sound good on paper (Chocolate with Coconut and Cream, and Chocolate Peppermint with Koolada and a bunch of other stuff), but they're just not there. I have a few others that are vapable and good for a change, but the Strawberry Graham and Caramel Apple are the ones that I go through the fastest.

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
I've posted these before, but here are the recipes in 100ml sizes:

Caramel Apple and Cream
  • 14.2ml TFA Apple
  • 4.0ml TFA Caramel
  • 6.6ml TFA Sweet Cream
  • 6.6ml TFA Bavarian Cream
  • 6.6ml TFA Sweetener (Sucralose)
  • 12.0ml Nic 100mg/ml
  • 50.0ml VG

Strawberry Graham and Cream
  • 12.0ml TFA Strawberry
  • 7.2ml TFA Graham Cracker
  • 6.6ml TFA Bavarian Cream
  • 8.6ml TFA Sweet Cream
  • 8.6ml TFA Sweetener (Sucralose)
  • 12.0ml Nic 100mg/ml
  • 45.0ml VG

Last edited:

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Good grief! I just spent 30 minutes looking for the chimney top to my KFL. I took it apart to clean & rewick & it unscrewed at the clear section & at the top of the chimney leaving the chimney top inside the top parts of the body. So I screwed it back together & tried again & it unscrewed at the base & the bottom metal section like I'd wanted. I unscrewed the bottom of the chimney chamber rinsed everything & set them aside to dry while I dry burned & rewicked. Dried stuff off, & started to put it back together. Chimney bottom chamber on.....no chimney. Where'd the chimney go? No chimney. Looked all over the desk, pulled tissues out of the trash by the desl, not on bathroom counter, not in bathroom trash, not on floor....where'd my chimney go? I finally found it! Can anyone read the sequence of events above & guess where I found it?

Been there done that. Cleaning one of my Kangers I couldn't find the top of chimney. Looked everywhere and it was nap time. Knew I'd never be able to take one so went through the bathroom garbage second time there it was. I'm more careful now.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood

hope you can get her used to using it more......and.......as suggested, definitely up the nic some. Took me using 24 also before I quit having cravings. Over 2 yrs and am still at 24. Tried dropping to 18 and made it a week. lol As David said, a lot of folks do use more than 1 level of nic. Some use higher during the day, lower at night etc. Are y'all in the same town, or close? At least she's trying it, and cutting back a lot.....that's great!! Hopefully with some help she'll be able to quit the cigs. It's great that she has you. Without the porch I most likely wouldn't still be vaping. Issues can be very frustrating!! The good folks here talked me through em and talked me down from fits of near hysteria/withdrawal when things didn't work right!

FWIW, Essential depot is blowing out VG and PG.

http://www.essentialdepot.com/

Thanks for posting this!! Had been plannin on gettin em at 60.00 for a gallon of each, but definitely wanna jump on this if I can!! thanks to you too Bells.

uhmmmmm still tucked into the top parts of the body??? that's where it woulda been if it was me and I'd tucked em in there!! (or in my pocket) lol

Howdy Papa!! Good to see ya!!!

wolf.....do they not have pizza in Australia much??

Been wonderin bout that bacon pizza. How was it?? I knowLlittle Caesar's surely isn't gourmet.....but not bad if you're broke and hungry lol I love the fact that it's all corners!!

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
Howdy Papa!! Good to see ya!!!

Still grading, but I have to get everything finished and file the final grades this weekend. Then, next week is a little lighter (ha), and by the end of the month/beginning of next month, I'll find out if I got hired for a permanent full-time position or not (I made it to the final round and have two 1 hour interviews with the Dean of Instruction and Campus Presidents next Tuesday). To be honest, if there was something between Adjunct Instructor and Full-time Instructor, that would be perfect, but my choices seem to be too much or too little. Isn't that always the way?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Still grading, but I have to get everything finished and file the final grades this weekend. Then, next week is a little lighter (ha), and by the end of the month/beginning of next month, I'll find out if I got hired for a permanent full-time position or not (I made it to the final round and have two 1 hour interviews with the Dean of Instruction and Campus Presidents next Tuesday). To be honest, if there was something between Adjunct Instructor and Full-time Instructor, that would be perfect, but my choices seem to be too much or too little. Isn't that always the way?

Hope you get it, if that's what you want and will be best for ya!! thought maybe you'd be on Spring break. Of course, you could be on it, and still grading! Teachers do at least as much work on their own time as they do in the classroom, sometimes more!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Been there done that. Cleaning one of my Kangers I couldn't find the top of chimney. Looked everywhere and it was nap time. Knew I'd never be able to take one so went through the bathroom garbage second time there it was. I'm more careful now.

I looked in the trashes 3 times! :lol: That's not where I found it, tho.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
uhmmmmm still tucked into the top parts of the body??? that's where it woulda been if it was me and I'd tucked em in there!!

That's where it was! When I took it apart the second time The base unscrewed by itself as I'd wanted, & I didn't even notice that the chimney unscrewed from it's bottom section & stayed in the top! I've been so careful about dropping screws or washing orings down the sink, too. I kept thinking orings & screws I know about, no one warned me about disappearing chimneys! :facepalm:

PapaSloth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2014
Portland, OR, USA
Hope you get it, if that's what you want and will be best for ya!! thought maybe you'd be on Spring break. Of course, you could be on it, and still grading! Teachers do at least as much work on their own time as they do in the classroom, sometimes more!

We only get one week for Spring break, and I'll have to spend all of that getting ready for next term (plus interviews, meetings, etc.). The funny thing about teaching is that you can get it done really quickly if you're willing to do a crappy job at it, but actually doing it well takes a ridiculous amount of time. That, and the fact that I earned well over three times as much when I had a "real" job as I do teaching. But, it gives me something to complain about, which is a bonus, and I obviously wouldn't be doing it if I didn't love it.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Good for you, Papa! I have a cousin that is a 3rd grade teacher & loves it. I also have a friend that is an elementary Principle. She worked for me when she was a Senior in High School, then years later she was my sister's neighbor. My sister always talked about me, calling me Kenny, which is my nickname & what I used until I started using Kenna at work. They talked about girls named Kenny & finally figured out they were talking about the same person! I'm so proud of her, she loves the kids so much, & puts in many long hours trying to help the teachers. I can't imagine teaching college kids today. I'd go off about 5 times a day!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
That's where it was! When I took it apart the second time The base unscrewed by itself as I'd wanted, & I didn't even notice that the chimney unscrewed from it's bottom section & stayed in the top! I've been so careful about dropping screws or washing orings down the sink, too. I kept thinking orings & screws I know about, no one warned me about disappearing chimneys! :facepalm:

lol how did I know. :facepalm: Never had one of those, but I'm incredibly talented at losin stuff in the weirdest places!!!

We only get one week for Spring break, and I'll have to spend all of that getting ready for next term (plus interviews, meetings, etc.). The funny thing about teaching is that you can get it done really quickly if you're willing to do a crappy job at it, but actually doing it well takes a ridiculous amount of time. That, and the fact that I earned well over three times as much when I had a "real" job as I do teaching. But, it gives me something to complain about, which is a bonus, and I obviously wouldn't be doing it if I didn't love it.

Wish we had a ton more teachers like you!! Burns me up that teachers get paid so little, and have so much to deal with. I subbed, which is nothing like teaching, but know how much time is spent, especially with younger kids.....so much to do it never ends, and most of it not done during the regular work day.

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
When the fighting finally broke out in Saudi at the start of Desert Storm, my wife was in a unit that was on the frontlines. That morning I got up and had my first cup of coffee. I couldn't find the coffee pot for a second cup. I went to work and my boss took one look at me and told me to take at least a week off. I took my Goldwing and went to Las Vegas and spent the week with my father in law. When I got home I tore the house apart and finally found the coffee pot in the freezer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread