Halfway to Paradise, WA
2091820.gif

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Yeah, we're slowing down in some places on ECF.

On a vaping note, I'm going to be mixing up a bunch of juice today to get ready for being away. We've gone in on renting a house at the beach in NJ with our kids and grandkids for 2 weeks. Then I got a call to fly to SC to stay with my sister, who I haven't seen in well over a year so I leave on Tuesday to go there first. I'll get back a day before we leave for the beach so lots of packing and preparing to do!

Speaking of making juice. I remember when first getting started to DIY my juice how nervous I was! Now I pull out the supplies and mix up 1000 mls at a time without batting an eye!

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN

On a vaping note, I'm going to be mixing up a bunch of juice today to get ready for being away. We've gone in on renting a house at the beach in NJ with our kids and grandkids for 2 weeks. Then I got a call to fly to SC to stay with my sister, who I haven't seen in well over a year so I leave on Tuesday to go there first. I'll get back a day before we leave for the beach so lots of packing and preparing to do!

Speaking of making juice. I remember when first getting started to DIY my juice how nervous I was! Now I pull out the supplies and mix up 1000 mls at a time without batting an eye!
    Have a safe and super fun trip.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY

My first couple of mixes I treated every thing like it was an instantly toxic fume ready for killing us all.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Yes, likely a bit more than needed, but as the saying goes, better to have and not need than to need and not have.

And, one of the reasons I premix my nic, PG and VG, so I only need to open the high strength bottle on rare occasions. (Make that a tad higher than your normal nic, and a tad lower on the PG, since the flavors will drop the nic and raise the PG. Although if vaping really low levels this may not be a great idea. I vape at about 18, so my premix is 20, gets me close enough.)

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    My first couple of mixes I treated every thing like it was an instantly toxic fume ready for killing us all.

Yes!! I had the gloves and the apron and a whole roll of paper towels and trays to catch spills and double and triple checked everything in my syringes and beakers and funnels and bottles. And that was to make 60 mls. It took forever! I needed a nap afterward. Today I made 900 mls and it was all bottled and cleaned up in an hour. I went from OMG to yeah, that's close enough.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Yes, likely a bit more than needed, but as the saying goes, better to have and not need than to need and not have.

And, one of the reasons I premix my nic, PG and VG, so I only need to open the high strength bottle on rare occasions. (Make that a tad higher than your normal nic, and a tad lower on the PG, since the flavors will drop the nic and raise the PG. Although if vaping really low levels this may not be a great idea. I vape at about 18, so my premix is 20, gets me close enough.)

I was always making up an 18 mg base to end up with 12 mg, but then it seemed I was always making up more base. Since I started making larger amounts to last a few months between mixing, Mike worked up the recipes using undiluted nic instead of mixing a base and it really saved a lot of time.

I also found that if I put my measuring beakers on the top of the coffee maker I don't have to bend over all the time to see the lines. My knees and back thank me every time.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I usually make up a liter of my nic base. Flavors, for me, average about 10% of the final mix. At about 5 mls or less a day, that lasts me quite a while. :)

Mike worked up the recipes using undiluted nic instead of mixing a base and it really saved a lot of time.

So the more "traditional" way, of flavors, PG, VG and hi-proof nic?

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Gee, has ECF slowed down or what?
    Big slowdown in late Spring '16 coming up to big 8-8-16 ban. I guess that's what's going on now. Lost many knowledgeable vapers here. I guess they got overwhelmed with the bad news constantly bombarding this place.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Big slowdown in late Spring '16 coming up to big 8-8-16 ban. I guess that's what's going on now. Lost many knowledgeable vapers here. I guess they got overwhelmed with the bad news constantly bombarding this place.
    Yes and I think a lot of them went to FB and other sites.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

And, along with that, I think many were like me, stocked well with what I prefer long before the '16 "cutoff", so no longer delving into the new, so not much to contribute. Not too many looking for how to wick a KF anymore :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread