Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
For now. I think their strategy is to keep bringing it back, each time a little less draconian. That way they'll get it as extreme as they can get away with.
Like at some point we'll agree to a level we can live with. I say no to anything other than age restrictions & some mixing conditions. I don't want anyone's bathtub juice unless it's my own.
Same thought process as living with RA. I can live with it since it's not cancer. NO.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Like at some point we'll agree to a level we can live with. I say no to anything other than age restrictions & some mixing conditions. I don't want anyone's bathtub juice unless it's my own.
Same thought process as living with RA. I can live with it since it's not cancer. NO.

Bathtub yeah ewwww ,,,, Kitchen sink or better thanks.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I'm sure that they hope that if they keep going, we will get exhausted, and just say "go ahead, it's not that big of a tax". IMO, if it's a $0.01 tax on 500 gallons of juice, or even 100,000 gallons... it's $0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 too much!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Washington State news.
• E-cigarettes: Inslee-backed bills in the House and Senate to increase taxes and impose new restrictions on electronic cigarettes, or "vaping," did not receive floor votes in either chamber
:banana: :rickroll: :thumbs: :hubba: :toast: :banana:

Nice! This is good news to start my day.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm sure that they hope that if they keep going, we will get exhausted, and just say "go ahead, it's not that big of a tax". IMO, if it's a $0.01 tax on 500 gallons of juice, or even 100,000 gallons... it's $0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 too much!
Absolutely! Regular sales tax like anything else.

Honestly, I think medium level starter kits should be given away for free to anyone who asks (like condoms and clean needles).

This is life-saving stuff and should be strongly encouraged, not taxed out of existence.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Forgot to tell you
Actually it was never voted on, didn't get that far.
Neither of the proposed bills made it out of committee
I'll see if I can find something more to send to you on it.

That last bodes well. But they still have to come up with a budget, and could well try to sneak things into that...

Woooohooo!! Does that mean it's dead for now?

Hopefully, although... see above. But we may have dodged it for another year.

For now. I think their strategy is to keep bringing it back, each time a little less draconian. That way they'll get it as extreme as they can get away with.

Both the Senate and House bills, dead in committee, were very similar to ones introduced (and dead) last year, so, yes, they probably will bring them back in some form next year (if they don't sneak provisions into a budget bill... :shock:)

I'm actually ok with things like proper labeling, childproof caps. Seems most of the makers are going that way already anyway. But if they want to tax nic, then they need to put the same tax on things like the patch. (So it's a "sin" to inhale your nic, but not a sin to get it through the skin??)

We already have a higher sales tax than most States, and the B&M's pay the B&O tax. They obviously don't realize they'll lose all that with a de facto ban. And spend more $$ paying unemployment to all the workers who lose their jobs because the stores can't stay in business...

BacsiBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bethel, (SW) Ohio
www.theborkstore.com
The best explanation that I've seen for the flurry of regulation/taxes on ecigs involves money paid to the states by big tobacco. Many states sold bonds which are backed by payments from BT. If cigarette use falls off enough, BT will pay less and the states risk defaulting on the bonds.

If I had the money, I would explore suing for "taxation without representation" which is what I believe the exorbitant taxes on tobacco products represent.

Remember the hall monitors and the sneaky little creeps in high school? They become bureaucratic toads/state legislators and revel in exercising power over others.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The best explanation that I've seen for the flurry of regulation/taxes on ecigs involves money paid to the states by big tobacco. Many states sold bonds which are backed by payments from BT. If cigarette use falls off enough, BT will pay less and the states risk defaulting on the bonds.

If I had the money, I would explore suing for "taxation without representation" which is what I believe the exorbitant taxes on tobacco products represent.

Remember the hall monitors and the sneaky little creeps in high school? They become bureaucratic toads/state legislators and revel in exercising power over others.

That's the rub, of course. As individuals, most of us don't. So they think they can get away with it...

BT and BP do, and both see their revenue stream declining as well as the various States. So, either ban or tax the $%@^ out of vape gear that ISN'T from BT/BP fits their agenda. Health has never been a concern in relation to "sin taxes."

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida

I'm actually ok with things like proper labeling, childproof caps. Seems most of the makers are going that way already anyway. But if they want to tax nic, then they need to put the same tax on things like the patch. (So it's a "sin" to inhale your nic, but not a sin to get it through the skin??)
actually, the nicorette inhaler is also not a sin, so they cannot base it on breathing.

Florida was one of the few who didn't do that... But still want to tax. Also due to the loss of revenue.
As far as sueing goes... Indigogo or Kickstarter. I would not only contribute, I would advertise the crap out of it.

Update on my new flavorings:
I got my blueberry candy down to a half bottle, so added a bit of nic, and refilled the rest with my PG/VG mix and it is indeed a lot smoother. So about 5% is what is good for me.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

he, he - one of the 'bad boys' back in high school days known for his penchant of liking to 'fight it out' behind the school is now a state representative and running now for the state senate.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
I'm very happy, so far, with the iStick 30W (2200 mah non-removable battery) and the iStick 50W (4400 mah non-removable battery) that I got today from Rocky Mountain Vapor. (Coupon code FORUM will get you a 15% discount.)

Make that very VERY happy!

Here they are, each topped with a 5 ml full-size Nautilus clearo. The iStick 50W is definitely small and pocketable while the iStick 30W, on the bottom, is a delightfully TEENY little thing. The Nautilus doesn't stick out over the top edge on either one. With the iStick 30W, that's thanks to a lip which extends over the edge of the top surface.
iSticks.jpg

Last edited:

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Many states sold bonds which are backed by payments from BT. If cigarette use falls off enough, BT will pay less and the states risk defaulting on the bonds.
Tx didn't take the money either, but is still trying to do bad stuff. Not nearly as bad as other places, but still bad. and yeah Fl really has NO excuse for the crap they're trying to do

umanbean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2009
Georgia, USA
Vapemail!

My vape-iversary "presents" got here today! The Ego ONE atty w/ 1100 mah battery, an Ego ONE 2200 mah battery, and a Subtank Nano.

DSC_2472-3_zpsgipimksh.jpg

L-R
Sigelei #20 w/ Protank 2 (2.5ml)
Ego ONE w/ 1100mah batt (also 2.5ml)
ST Nano w/ 2200mah batt (3ml)
ST Mini w/ iStick 30 (4.5ml)

I'm luv'in the ONE atty on the 1100mah... Literally fits in the palm of your hand. And, as the young'uns would say "Dude, this thing chucks the vapor!"

It's hard to believe so much power in such a small package.

I'll put up more pics and a review after a couple of days use, hopefully this weekend.

ciao y'all

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Two more days to go for the weekend. In a few hours, I'll have three months smoke free. :thumb:

I hope everyone on the Porch is doing well.

Congratulations on your three months!

I still remember being in awe that I hadn't smoked for three months when I hit that milestone. It only gets better. Again, congratulations!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Washington State news.
• E-cigarettes: Inslee-backed bills in the House and Senate to increase taxes and impose new restrictions on electronic cigarettes, or "vaping," did not receive floor votes in either chamber
:banana: :rickroll: :thumbs: :hubba: :toast: :banana:

Wonderful news! You guys fought a good fight and won! Congratulations!

:party::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::party:

Those bills do come back like the plague but perhaps the longer they can be put off, the more chance the truth about vaping will prevail and the bills will fade like a bad dream.

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Those bills do come back like the plague but perhaps the longer they can be put off, the more chance the truth about vaping will prevail and the bills will fade like a bad dream.

Depends upon how strong the state budget is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread