Older Folks and Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Constance Shutts

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Sharon Grove, KY 42280
Waves at all the new people :)

Gloria I had a pomegrante once...think you eat the seeds...isn't a fruit I rushed out to buy again LOL

For the new ones having trouble laying down the "smokes', give it time. :) When I got down to the last 5 and under cigarettes, that seemed to take forever to get to 0. Wasn't but it seemed like it. Kept vaping like mad and finally down to one and I chucked it because that was sort of silly LOL For me it was a 2 month process from 2 PAD to none. :)

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I forgot to mention I haven't smokied in over a month :)

Great going! Keep it up, and remember to take it one day at a time. I've been cigarette free for a little more than 4 months. Today, I went into town, and saw an employee outside taking a smoke break. It almost made me want a cigarette. When I got close to her and smelled it, I changed my mind. Boy, that cigarette stunk! That's all the encouragement I need now, just the smell of one turns me off any more.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
So tickled for you that you're enjoying your DIY juices so much!! :)

Pear seems to be a favorite flavor around here. I don't think I've ever eaten a real pomegranate. Is the taste similar to cranberry?

Pomegranate is not tart like cranberry is. The pomegranate is sweeter. Come to think of it, I wonder if a little pomegranate would taste good with apple...

Gloria

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
midwest
Gloria I had a pomegrante once...think you eat the seeds...isn't a fruit I rushed out to buy again LOL

For the new ones having trouble laying down the "smokes', give it time. :) When I got down to the last 5 and under cigarettes, that seemed to take forever to get to 0. Wasn't but it seemed like it. Kept vaping like mad and finally down to one and I chucked it because that was sort of silly LOL For me it was a 2 month process from 2 PAD to none. :)

Alrighty then. From your description.... I won't be rushing out to try a pomegranate any time soon. :)

Great tips on how you handled those last few cigs!

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Waves at all the new people :)

You don't have to eat the seeds. I've eaten pomegranates lots of times, but not in front of company because I spit out the seeds or pop them out into a sieve and rub the seeds until the juice runs out into a bowl and then drink it. That's probably why the juice is expensive, there's a lot of waste.

Last edited:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I love to eat fruits but for some reason I just don't want to vape them. Even when I find a really good one. Go figure.

Isn't it strange what we end up liking to vape? I'd think that I'd love a tobacco, but I don't. I love to eat bakery things, but I don't like vaping them much, maybe 1 carto full and I'm done. In the beginning I was so hooked on peach and then one day hated it. Same thing with Mohito - couldn't get enough of that for awhile and boom, done. So far the pear, pomegranate and honeysuckle flavors have stuck with me for quite awhile now. I'm afraid to mix up more than 30 ml of those juices in case one day my taste buds revolt on me again.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
I guess it could be but it didn't make me sick. I just vaped way to much of it trying to use up yucky tobaccos by mixing with cherry.

Now that I'm thinking about it, in the beginning I was only vaping 1 flavor at a time. Maybe that's what turned me off. For awhile now I've been rotating flavors throughout the day and haven't hit the Yuck factor yet with any of them. They are all fruits though.

Constance Shutts

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2012
Sharon Grove, KY 42280
Janet, all I can remember of the pomegranite is my mother came home with a few and she said the seeds were what we were supposed to eat. I also remember thinking..nix this from my list of fruits and I think my Dad said no more of those LOL That was many years ago. So it's one I just bypassed to this day. I do like other fruits and for a long while I vaped an apple/cinnamon and a cinnamon/pear. Haven't found a cherry juice I like yet and I love black cherries. Did find a peach juice that tasted like a real peach. Think it was from sweet-vapes. I like fruits during the summer months.

I like pineapple too :)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I like pineapple too :)

I LUV pineapple... too bad I can't find that juicy fresh sweet/tart flav with any of my experiments!
banghead.gif

Guess this goes along with da coconut, chocolate, cherry, coffee and vanilla...
searching.gif

Gloria

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
midwest
Anybody who likes fruit flavors may like a tropical recipe called Bahama Mama. I found it in the DIY section here. I made up about 10 mil the other day and it's already gone. Time to make a bigger bottle. :)

I used what I had on hand...
2% mandarin (VZ)
3% mango (VZ)
5% pineapple (TFA)
7% coconut (Capella)
VZ = vapingzone super concentrated flavors

If you have the flavors in different brands, give it a try. Here's the original recipe.
Bahama Mama:
5% Orange (Flavour Art)
4% Mango (Flavour Art)
5% Pineapple (Flavor Art)
7% Pina Colada or Coconut (Capella)

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
Anybody who likes fruit flavors may like a tropical recipe called Bahama Mama. I found it in the DIY section here. I made up about 10 mil the other day and it's already gone. Time to make a bigger bottle. :)

I used what I had on hand...
2% mandarin (VZ)
3% mango (VZ)
5% pineapple (TFA)
7% coconut (Capella)
VZ = vapingzone super concentrated flavors

If you have the flavors in different brands, give it a try. Here's the original recipe.
Bahama Mama:
5% Orange (Flavour Art)
4% Mango (Flavour Art)
5% Pineapple (Flavor Art)
7% Pina Colada or Coconut (Capella)

I haven't tried anything from Capella's, or Vapingzone yet. Are they much different from TFA, or FA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread