OSDIY - flavors, % used and everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@Burnie - Did a few searches for Melon, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, etc. recipes in various subforums and threads on here. Came up with these that are all nearly alike, except for the % of each used and maybe some EM or another additive. The flavorings in them were all TFA.

Melon Ball
Honeydew 11%
Cantaloupe 8%
Ethyl Malto 1%

Fuzzy Melon

Holy Melon Ball!

I also ran across a post by dyanaprajna in which she'd said that Nude Nicotine's "Melon Madness" was a really good concentrate to use.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
@Burnie - Did a few searches for Melon, Cantaloupe, Honeydew, etc. recipes in various subforums and threads on here. Came up with these that are all nearly alike, except for the % of each used and maybe some EM or another additive. The flavorings in them were all TFA.

Fuzzy Melon

Holy Melon Ball!

I also ran across a post by dyanaprajna in which she'd said that Nude Nicotine's "Melon Madness" was a really good concentrate to use.
Thanks
Guess I am going to have to order an assortment from OSDIYS, I need some more Lotta Latte anyway. :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well decided to just order 5 new flavors, like I need more new flavors. :facepalm:

upload_2018-1-25_11-36-49.png

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Quick report on my OSDIY adventures.

I got Succulent Strawberry, Blueberry, and Cinnamon Roll. I've tried them all now, at 4%.

Not sure about the Cinnamon. I'm kind of on the fence about cinnamon. Sort of like it but not totally. I'll probably keep some around for a change once in a while.

Love the Strawberry and Blueberry. When I was buying pre-made juice I had both of those that I really liked but never could make my own. These are great. Probably try a higher % next time though. Maybe 6%.

Also got English Trifle and Rhubarb Lemon Pie from Chef's Favorites at OSDIY. Guess it's OK to talk about CF flavors here since they come from OSDIY.

I've tried the English Trifle at 10% and it's my #1 favorite now. Ran out of tanks so the Rhubarb Pie is still waiting. It smells a little harsh in the bottle.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Not sure about the Cinnamon. I'm kind of on the fence about cinnamon. Sort of like it but not totally. I'll probably keep some around for a change once in a while.

Love the Strawberry and Blueberry. When I was buying pre-made juice I had both of those that I really liked but never could make my own. These are great. Probably try a higher % next time though. Maybe 6%.

Did you let the ethyl alcohol evaporate off of the BCR? If you did, and it's still not to your liking, you might want to try it at a higher %, too, and/or add just a tiny bit of Cream Cheese Icing to what you've made to see if you like it better. I make mine in 30mL or 50mL batches and sometimes I use about .5% or less of the CCI in it. The 2 other people I make it for, like theirs without it though.

I'm glad the SS and the BB are great for you. Seems many people really like those 2 especially!

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I love both those flavors, English trifle is one of my very favorites! :)

Anna

I didn't know what to expect from English Trifle. It's a favorite food memory from my childhood. Thing is, every spoonful from a trifle is different. It's made from multiple layers of different stuff. Plus every trifle is different anyway since it can be made from lots of different combinations of ingredients. Normally it has strawberries, but my favorite was made with rhubarb. Rhubarb grows well in cold climates like where I grew up.

Regardless of all that it's a really tasty vape.

What % do you use it at?

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Did you let the ethyl alcohol evaporate off of the BCR? If you did, and it's still not to your liking, you might want to try it at a higher %, too, and/or add just a tiny bit of Cream Cheese Icing to what you've made to see if you like it better. I make mine in 30mL or 50mL batches and sometimes I use about .5% or less of the CCI in it. The 2 other people I make it for, like theirs without it though.

I'm glad the SS and the BB are great for you. Seems many people really like those 2 especially!

I did evaporate the Cinnamon Roll. I don't actually know how it vapes yet anyway, just going by the aroma from the bottle. If it does have a harsh taste I will try the CCI technique. Is that an OSDIY flavor? I've used TFA Smooth in situations like before.

edit:

Sorry. I got mixed up between BCR and Lemon Rhubarb Tart. Not sure if I evaporated the BCR. I'll do that now.

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I did evaporate the Cinnamon Roll. I don't actually know how it vapes yet anyway, just going by the aroma from the bottle. If it does have a harsh taste I will try the CCI technique. Is that an OSDIY flavor? I've used TFA Smooth in situations like before.

edit:

Sorry. I got mixed up between BCR and Lemon Rhubarb Tart. Not sure if I evaporated the BCR. I'll do that now.

OH, I misunderstood, and thought you'd already tried the Baked Cinnamon Roll, but you weren't sure you liked it. If you haven't actually vaped it yet, (after evaporating off the EA), you might be pleasantly surprised and actually like it the way it is. IMO it does taste somewhat different than it smells, as far as the cinnamon. To me the cinnamon isn't a dominant flavor I taste in it. I probably wouldn't like it if it was.

Also, when I use the CCI...I use it to get the flavor of the drizzled icing my grandma used to put on her CR she made for us. Reminds me of her every time I vape it then, as even the house smells like it did back then. :)

ETA: The CCI is LorAnn. That and Butter Rum are the only 2 flavorings I have from LA because both were highly recommended by quite a few others who DIY. IMO, once the ethyl alcohol is gone from the BCR, you probably won't even need TFA Smooth or even some CCI to make it taste good and not harsh.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
What % do you use it at?

I don't use it as a stand alone, but I posted the recipe on here somewhere. Hmm. I know I used about 5 or 6% but also added some sweetness (marshmallow) and some FA supersweet. Mine has been steeping for a fair amount of time. I don't have access to my notebook of recipes ATM but I will try to find it....

Anna

Reactions: englishmick

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The 'Lucky Latte' I was toying with... an overly sweet vape to me that is well out of my long standing DIY comfort zone.

The low LS/LL mix percentages vaped at high wattage wasn't working for my taste for strong flavors. IE, 5% total flavor nor 10% total flavor. Some of that maybe the gear I'm using... a regulated squonk mod with a very low Ω mesh build that can be a fire breathing dragon at high wattage (but that's the gear I intend to use for it). Higher wattage knocks down sweetness for me, so finding the right combo of strong flavor without excess sweetness was the goal, and this gear helps with that.

My currant batch is 20% total flavor. After it's aged some I'll start vaping at a lower wattage than my norm, and turn up the power from there.

capogunmetal.jpg

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've tried 3 OSDIY flavors. Strawberry, Blueberry, and Cinnamon Roll. Also 2 Chef's Favorites, English Trifle and Rhubarb Lemon Tart. I like them all enough to want more. I was on the OSDIY site tonight trying to decide what to order.

The Chef's Favorites only come in 1oz and 4oz sizes. The 4oz is $22, and it needs 10 to 15 %. I calculated that would be 75c worth of flavoring for a 30ml bottle at 15%, 50c at 10%. That's still peanuts, given the small amount of juice I get through. A 4oz bottle of flavoring would make thirty or forty 30ml bottles of juice which would last me forever since it would be one of 8 or 10 flavors on my regular list.

The OSDIY flavors are $10 for a 4oz bottle, and they only need to be mixed at around 5%. That's 1/4 of the cost of Chef's Favorites.

I think I'm getting lazy. It's less work to mix with a single flavor. And if you like them, why not?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
The OSDIY flavors are $10 for a 4oz bottle, and they only need to be mixed at around 5%. That's 1/4 of the cost of Chef's Favorites.

I'm glad you found some you really liked! Also, I'm with you...as far as using some all-in-one flavorings that are more simple to use, especially when they're some of my favorites!

Don't forget to use one of the on-going coupon codes (either ECF or JFK) on OSDIY. It'll take usually at least 11% off...so those $9.99 4oz. bottles will be $8.89 instead. Makes them an even better deal! :thumbs:

Personally, when I can, I'll wait and order 4oz. or larger bottles...when they have one of their holiday sales. Then there's a special code that's usually worth 15-17% off. :D

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Just got off the phone with Kimberly. For a Valentine's special...you can use the same ECF or JFK code, until tomorrow night at midnight, and you'll get 14% off instead of the usual 11%.

Also checked with her that it's OK for me to post about it here. She said they're in the process of changing their email notification program, and didn't get an email about the sale sent out. So, yes, it's fine for me to post here about it. :thumbs:

ETA: I forgot to say that the Chef's Flavours they have are not included in the 14% off sale. Kimberly said they already have them priced less than Chef's Flavours does on their own website, so they can't include them in sales, too.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I've been loving the OSDIY stuff and the Chef's Flavors. Got a big batch arriving tonight. I have couple of questions.

My favorite is the CF English Trifle. It's very thick, like it's in VG rather than PG. Hard to even suck the flavoring up with a syringe. Some of the OSDIY flavors mention % of VG, one says 68% VG. Most of them don't mention the VG/PG ratio. Anyone have info on this?

Anyone know if they contain diketones. Wondering because I've never tasted creaminess like the English Trifle. To be honest I'll still use them if they do but it would be nice to know.

Reactions: stols001

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
My favorite is the CF English Trifle. It's very thick, like it's in VG rather than PG. Hard to even suck the flavoring up with a syringe. Some of the OSDIY flavors mention % of VG, one says 68% VG. Most of them don't mention the VG/PG ratio. Anyone have info on this?

IIRC...as far as their OSF and OSB, they will show a VG% if there is any VG in it. If there's no notation of a VG %, there's none in it.

About sucking up the flavorings with VG in them - Don't try to actually "pull" the flavoring up with the plunger. Instead, insert the needle tip into the flavoring bottle, and then pull the plunger up to the mL mark you need. As long as there's a gap between the barrel of the syringe and the neck size opening of the bottle...just wait then for the flavoring to rise up to the bottom of the plunger. Air pressure and creating a vaccuum is what makes it do it, and it works every time. I never fight at all with even plain VG doing it that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread