Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
IIRC...as far as their OSF and OSB, they will show a VG% if there is any VG in it. If there's no notation of a VG %, there's none in it.

About sucking up the flavorings with VG in them - Don't try to actually "pull" the flavoring up with the plunger. Instead, insert the needle tip into the flavoring bottle, and then pull the plunger up to the mL mark you need. As long as there's a gap between the barrel of the syringe and the neck size opening of the bottle...just wait then for the flavoring to rise up to the bottom of the plunger. Air pressure and creating a vaccuum is what makes it do it, and it works every time. I never fight at all with even plain VG doing it that way.

^^^
Adding that needle size matters when the viscosity is thick. Typically I use 14GA Luer-Lok blunt tip needles for VG Heavy/100% VG liquids (and on some of my 30ml dispensing bottles w/LL caps I use to fill mod bottles/atty tanks, etc with). They can also be used to drip atty's, but I prefer to use twist top dispensing caps on the bottles I use for that.

Even easier (if you have syringes that can use them) is the all SS LLBT 12GA or 10GA needles. They typically are much longer (5"), but can be cut down easy enough if wanted with a roto-tool cut off wheel (IE Foredom, Dremel, etc).

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I tried several OSDIY flavors so far. Lucky Shot and Lotta Latte are my favorites. Blueberry is good too. I love the Chef's Flavor English Trifle. Just got another CF, Queen Of Puddings. I would hate to have to describe what it tastes of but I like it at least as much as English Trifle. I like OSDIY Cinnamon Roll, for occasional use.

I might try a new one once in a while.

I ruthlessly cut back on my old TFA recipes. There's just 5 I still make. juice making has got a lot easier.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I like OSDIY Cinnamon Roll, for occasional use.

I'm gald to read that you're liking some of the One Stop Flavors and One Stop Blends, as well as some of the Chef's Flavours. I haven't tried any CF yet, but Kimberly suggested I might want to try the Lime one (can't remember the name right now.) She said it's become a new ADV for her.

About the Cinnamon Roll...I add just a tiny bit of LA Cream Cheese Icing to mine sometimes. It gives it a little icing boost and is good that way, too, if you have some CCI.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Mixed up some lucky shot, RJ four, and blue raspberry slush today.

I’m excited to try them. The thing that shocks me the most about these is the price. So freaking cheap.

I’ve been on FA Soho for a while now, and using that as an ADV is actually on the expensive side (for diy).

Not sure if I can hold off on trying them for a proper steep! The blue raspberry smells exactly like a slurpee!

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Mixed up some lucky shot, RJ four, and blue raspberry slush today.

I’m excited to try them. The thing that shocks me the most about these is the price. So freaking cheap.

I’ve been on FA Soho for a while now, and using that as an ADV is actually on the expensive side (for diy).

Not sure if I can hold off on trying them for a proper steep! The blue raspberry smells exactly like a slurpee!

I started using Lucky Shot the next day and it was fine.

I made some RJ4 a couple of months ago and I'm still waiting. I waited because it has tobacco, which sometimes needs a long steep, but it isn't changing. Just seems rather weak. I made it at 10%, maybe it needs a bit more than that. Or maybe less. They do say too much flavoring can mute the flavor. Let us know how it goes for you.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

Of all the OSDIY One Stop Flavors and One Stop Blends I've tried so far (which is IIRC 14 of them now), I just shake and vape them. I figure the flavorings in them have already been blending by the time I get them and mix with my plain PG, VG, and nic. I just recently tried the Margarita, and it's spot on, IMO. I haven't tried the tobacco ones though, and won't, since I "don't do" tobacco anything since I quit smoking. I can see where they might take some steep time to be their best though.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
As an addition to OSDIY flavorings for vaping use -

In case anyone's interested, I discovered that some of their OSF and OSB, as well as some TFA flavorings, are excellent to make really tasty shaved ice syrup! Took my shaved ice machine and 10 different flavored syrups to a fundraiser for a Horse Rescue week-end before last. Some were regular shaved ice flavorings (way over-priced IMO) and some were OSDIY and TFA. The 2 that were by far the most popular were the Blue Raspberry Slush and the Margarita! The Bubble Gum syrup I made using LorAnn Gourmet Bubble Gum from OSDIY, was the next most popular. :thumbs:

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Tried the blue raspberry slush @10% after 24 hours.

I love the way this one smells, but the overall vape isn’t there.

I may try to lower the % a little, might be one of those “too much flavor isn’t better situations”.

I’ll also do a mini tester with some ws23, and another with candy cane, and probably some different peach/strawberry at a low %.

I want to make this one work for me!

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Tried the blue raspberry slush @10% after 24 hours.

I love the way this one smells, but the overall vape isn’t there.

I may try to lower the % a little, might be one of those “too much flavor isn’t better situations”.

I’ll also do a mini tester with some ws23, and another with candy cane, and probably some different peach/strawberry at a low %.

I want to make this one work for me!
osdiy blue raspberry 10%
tfa sweet raspberry 1.5%
fa champagne 2%
tfa hibiscus .5
ws23 1%

Last edited:

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Tried 10% lucky shot after a week and I wasn’t impressed.

Tried it again after a second week, and the flavor has come together wonderfully!

I’m feeling this one needs at least 2 weeks to get rid of some of the dryness of the graham.

I really like this one a lot, I made a 100ml batch to let sit for a while. If it comes together how I think, I’ll order a big one for sure.

Still waiting on the RJ4. I dripped it a few times last week, and @10% i wasn’t really tasting much. Going to be patient with this one.

Want to place another order already to try some of the others!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Well I’ll be damned. It appears that lucky shot is pretty amazing.

It IS wonderful, isn't it?

My ADV for almost 2 years now is a combo of Lucky Shot @ 7% + Lotta Latte @ 6%. Got my hairdresser and 2 ECF friends hooked on it, too! Kimberly told me about the combo, and once I tried it...I was hooked. I order both now in 4oz. size, but I'm seriously thinking of going for "the 16oz. bigguns" sometime.

Another combo she told me about is the Lucky Shot with TFA Key Lime. It's definitely great, too, but IMO not as great as the one above.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
@JCinFLA I’ll definitely try that combo when I place my next order.

I have another 10ml of lucky shot to play with and make some samples for now. I didn’t order the latte, but I have Purilum caramel coffee with sweet milk, that sounds similar, so I’ll give that a shot!

Still waiting another week on the RJfour, have one solo, and another with a little graham cracker clear for sampling.

Next order, I have my eyes on the strawberry, sweet tea, latte, and a few others.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Tried RJ4 today. Made 2 mixes, one is 10% stand alone, the other is 8% RJ4 / 2% TFA graham cracker clear. Both aged 4 weeks.

The stand alone is good, a little on the light side. It’s a RY4, but light on the vanilla, more on the caramel.

The mix with the graham is really good. That little bit of graham adds a nice sweetness and makes the mix a little sharper (I guess I would use that word).

Overall, it’s good. Not sure if i like it better than ry4d, I haven’t tried that stuff in ages.
I’ll have to try it again in the future.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Any other suggestions?

If you like Good n' Plenty candy...the Licorice Torpedoes is "spot on" to it, IMO. You definitely get the taste of both the outer candy shell and the licorice.

Two more One Stop Flavors that are also very good IMO:
Pink Lemonade - I use a little TFA Sweetener with it

Olde Tyme Root Beer - Reminds me of the Frostop Premium Root Beer that Rural King carries in their specialty soda pop section and/or A&W Root Beer that is more commonly found

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Update.

I really like the succulent strawberry. Tried it solo, and then found a gem of a mix with it.

Lotta lattee is quite good as well. It’s VERY similar to Purilum caramel coffee with sweet milk. I used it @8% solo, and just made a few more testers. Looking forward to lotta lattee/pistachio!

The southern sweet tea is not for me. I LOVE the idea of it, but it tastes like that old Lipton mix that was a liquid concentrate. I want Sweet tea fro South Carolina! I might just let my testers sit a while.

Blueberry pomegranate is ok. Solo @5% was nice, but definitely incomplete for my taste.

I mixed up a succulent strawberry 6%, blue pom 2%, FA Fuji 1%, sweetener 1%, and I must say, it’s oretty damn good. I’m NOT a fruit guy, and this is the first one I am just in love with.

Lucky shot - Made 240ml yesterday lol. I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread