OSDIY - flavors, % used and everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I personally like quite a few of their One Stop Flavors and One Stop Blends, which are their own proprietary "one shots" as you call them. As far as custards and/or dessert based "stuff" in those...I love Lucky Shot and the Baked Cinnamon Roll individually. My ADV though has been a combo of the Lucky Shot + the Lotta Latte, for more than 2 years now. It makes what I call Caramel Latte for my recipe card and labels, while others have named theirs Lucky Latte or something else. It's all good though, no matter what anyone names it, IMO.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Hey guys. Am pretty new to making my own ejuice and have only used one shot concentrates so far. I want to buy some of the one shots from here. I don’t want to be mixing different flavours. Are there anyparticular ones that are very popular amongst us?

I usually vape custards and dessert based stuff.

JC mentioned some good ones above.

If you want to try something a little different, OSDIY has a line from the UK called Chef's Flavors. They are a little expensive, about twice as much as their other lines. English Trifle and Queen of Puddings are both desert flavors, I love them both. Worth the extra money, to me anyway.

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
Ok so, I seriously want to straight up DRINK my OSDIY lotta latte 8% & TFA pistachio 2%.

Talk about an all day vape. I luckily ordered a 30ml of lattee, so I will be ok to make a bunch.

The pistachio really adds a lot to the lattee imo, I’d definitely recommend it.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Somehow I lost my DIY recipe for Real Flavors Shamrock Shake (that I am out of). I can't remember what percentage I used of it with the two adds I put with it - VBIC & CdM (that I do know how much of). Research again has found everything from 2-3-10-15% suggested for this S/C flavor. That's a huge swing bottom to top. So any suggestions from anyone who vapes it would be helpful when I get more from OSDIY. I don't use nicotine, typically run VG heavy to 100% VG, vape DLH's on very low ohm gear ran at higher wattage's, and like stronger flavors than most folks. Thanks.

I'm sitting here again with an OSDIY flavor order of several items in waiting... waiting for some staples I know they would not be out of to be put back in stock (they are just in hiding so the commercial juice makers don't buy all of them from OSDIY). Included is some new to me Chef's and One Stop flavors to try out. I've never called Kimberly or Shane before... maybe I'll try to reach one of them next week if anything is still out of stock then.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Somehow I lost my DIY recipe for Real Flavors Shamrock Shake (that I am out of). I can't remember what percentage I used of it with the two adds I put with it - VBIC & CdM (that I do know how much of). Research again has found everything from 2-3-10-15% suggested for this S/C flavor. That's a huge swing bottom to top. So any suggestions from anyone who vapes it would be helpful when I get more from OSDIY. I don't use nicotine, typically run VG heavy to 100% VG, vape DLH's on very low ohm gear ran at higher wattage's, and like stronger flavors than most folks. Thanks.

I'm sitting here again with an OSDIY flavor order of several items in waiting... waiting for some staples I know they would not be out of to be put back in stock (they are just in hiding so the commercial juice makers don't buy all of them from OSDIY). Included is some new to me Chef's and One Stop flavors to try out. I've never called Kimberly or Shane before... maybe I'll try to reach one of them next week if anything is still out of stock then.

Maybe a quick email to them instead asking them if they are oos. Can't hurt and even if they don't answer until Monday, that's no longer than waiting to call them. You could also ask about starting %.

Just a thought.

:)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Maybe a quick email to them instead asking them if they are oos. Can't hurt and even if they don't answer until Monday, that's no longer than waiting to call them. You could also ask about starting %.

Just a thought.

Thanks @Sugar_and_Spice, that worked great. Shane answered me back today with answers to both of my questions and restocked what I was waiting to add to the order. Exceptional CS once again.

spyups.jpg

With all the particulars of my vaping style he recommended a higher percentage of RF Shamrock than I think I mixed before (15-20%), but also a lower alternative. So I'll have to do the 'math' myself again with a test batch or two to find what works for me.

Have some new to me flavors on this order as well from the Chef's and OSF lines. The folks on 'this thread' are a bad influence. ;)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Placed another OSDIY order in the wee hours this morning... just 720ml this time.

OSB Lucky Shot
OSB Lotta Latte
OSF Baked Cinnamon Roll
RF Shamrock Shake
CF Green Lush
LO CCI
FA Sweetener

I almost ordered a couple more of the CF flavors. But since I am cutting way back on my joose usage with no idea if I'll even use these all up, I decided to pass.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Oops, forgot....

Seems like someone posted that the OSB Lucky Shot and TFA Lime work well together (but with no gear/vaping style mentioned to give any clues to work from).

Also saw that someone posted about OSB Lotta Latte with TFA Pistachio as well... offered some percentages but nothing about the gear or vaping style.

IMO vaping style and the dynamics of the gear used is everything when it comes to personal taste in joose recipes. So information offered without the specifics on vaping style and gear are somewhat useless. I have been building my gear and recipes to run together as partners that create a vape to my personal taste for 5.5 years, and dedicate them to each other.

My 'style'... I do not use nicotine in my DIY; I like strong flavor; typically mix VG Heavy to 100% VG joose; DLH on gear with very low ohm builds ran at mid to higher wattage. IE some of my typical most liked gear setups recently have included Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's (fire breathing dragons) with a 316L Elite mesh build @ 0.12Ω on regulated squonk mods @ 60-80W and 0.15 builds on mech squonkers @ 120W; and Psyclone Kryten's/Goons/etc with big dual 316L Elite coils @ 0.12Ω on dual par batt mech squonk mods @ 150W. These setups produce dense clouds with massive flavor. Store bought premade liquids and Tottle Puffer gear and joose does not work at all for me... my gear and joose wouldn't work for Tootle Puffers or their gear either.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Oops, forgot....

Seems like someone posted that the OSB Lucky Shot and TFA Lime work well together (but with no gear/vaping style mentioned to give any clues to work from).

Also saw that someone posted about OSB Lotta Latte with TFA Pistachio as well... offered some percentages but nothing about the gear or vaping style.

IMO vaping style and the dynamics of the gear used is everything when it comes to personal taste in joose recipes. So information offered without the specifics on vaping style and gear are somewhat useless. I have been building my gear and recipes to run together as partners that create a vape to my personal taste for 5.5 years, and dedicate them to each other.

My 'style'... I do not use nicotine in my DIY; I like strong flavor; typically mix VG Heavy to 100% VG joose; DLH on gear with very low ohm builds ran at mid to higher wattage. IE some of my typical most liked gear setups recently have included Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's (fire breathing dragons) with a 316L Elite mesh build @ 0.12Ω on regulated squonk mods @ 60-80W and 0.15 builds on mech squonkers @ 120W; and Psyclone Kryten's/Goons/etc with big dual 316L Elite coils @ 0.12Ω on dual par batt mech squonk mods @ 150W. These setups produce dense clouds with massive flavor. Store bought premade liquids and Tottle Puffer gear and joose does not work at all for me... my gear and joose wouldn't work for Tootle Puffers or their gear either.
I usually use these flavors and blends starting at around 10%. I use 3-6 mg 50/50 nic/pg/vg. That seems to work well for me. And I have used both mtl and dl and somewhere in the middle. I agree that not all flavoring can be used for both without some adjustment, but I am finding that its the creams, cheescake type of flavors that do not transition well between the 2 styles.
I have all kinds of set ups that I use daily but am leaning towards the lower ohms and higher wattages lately. I am still just experimenting tho and find the coils I am using(all prewound) ohm out at different levels depending on wire and gauge.

Not sure if this response is helpful to you but thought I would throw it out there anyway.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

I posted before on here that Kimberly had recommended their Lucky Shot @ 10% + TFA Key Lime @ 5%...to make a Key Lime Pie type of recipe. Maybe that's what you're thinking of, that you'd seen posted.

I've made it more than a few times in the last 2 years, and it's good to me at those percentages. I know that she vapes very low wattage, even compared to my own low Tootle Puffer volts/watts. So you'll most likely want to customize it to your own tastes, as is usual with any new recipe most people try. I vape it with either a KFL+ modified "shorty" tank or a Berserker MTL RTA. I make 60VG/40PG, 7mg nic eliquid, and use a prewound 1.3ohm SS 316L coil with rayon wicking...at usually a puny 6.4-7.2W.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I posted before on here that Kimberly had recommended their Lucky Shot @ 10% + TFA Key Lime @ 5%...to make a Key Lime Pie type of recipe. Maybe that's what you're thinking of, that you'd seen posted.

I've made it more than a few times in the last 2 years, and it's good to me at those percentages. I know that she vapes very low wattage, even compared to my own low Tootle Puffer volts/watts. So you'll most likely want to customize it to your own tastes, as is usual with any new recipe most people try. I vape it with either a KFL+ modified "shorty" tank or a Berserker MTL RTA. I make 60VG/40PG, 7mg nic eliquid, and use a prewound 1.3ohm SS 316L coil with rayon wicking...at usually a puny 6.4-7.2W.
Your batteries must last a long time. What mods do you use?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Your batteries must last a long time. What mods do you use?

They do last a good while. When I'm chain-vaping while on the computer or while driving, not as long of course. Usual mods in rotation are: (2) Eleaf iStick 20W, (1) Yosta Livepor 60W, (1) CoV Mini Volt 40W

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
They do last a good while. When I'm chain-vaping while on the computer or while driving, not as long of course. Usual mods in rotation are: (2) Eleaf iStick 20W, (1) Yosta Livepor 60W, (1) CoV Mini Volt 40W
I had not heard of the Yosta so I went to FT looking. Kinda cute. The next version up that goes to 80W uses a single 18650 battery and form is a little different but still cute. lol

$27.92 Authentic YOSTA Livepor 80W TC VW APV Box Mod - 0.06-3ohm / 1-80W / 100-300'C(200-600'F) / zinc alloy at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
@Sugar_and_Spice ..... @JCinFLA. Thank you kindly for your comments to my post. Gives me a pretty solid base of what works for you MTL folks.

Both your vaping styles and gear are way different than mine, so I think our comparing notes is mostly like comparing apples to oranges. Your MTL vs my DLH; your much higher PG base than my 80VG/20PG or 100% VG bases (PG generally carries the flavor better than VG does); using verses not using nicotine; and a wide difference between the gear/builds you use compared to mine. So what works for you would never work for me, and I assume vice versa.

From the very start I have done all the 'math' myself in developing many dozens of DIY recipes that have been/remained my personal perfect vapes for up to 5.5 years. IOW, I made up my own recipes as I learned the individual flavors rather than use the recipes of someone else. At first I did learn some of the complimentary flavors that work together well from other recipes though. Anyway, I'll have to do it that way again with these... start at 'A", go to 'B' to 'C' etc. At least I have some experience with these two OSB flavors from the 'Lucky Latte' now to point the right direction on them. I've had Key Lime and Pistachio figured out to my personal tastes for years. I've already wrote down some notes for a couple of versions of each of these and the gear I'd try them in. And I will be doing the same for the new to me CF and OSF flavors on this order that I have no experience with (I had always avoided 'sweet and dessert' vapes - but the Mesh Pro RDA's with super low builds burn off some of the sweetness so handle them up to a point).

I played around until I came up with a new coffee vape for me during the wee hours of the night that's working out quite well (it's quite strong from Mesquite Bean, Pecan and Cajeta extractions). I can see me making 120ml of it (dubbed Cajeta Pecan Coffee) next and adding it to my rotation.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Both your vaping styles and gear are way different than mine, so I think our comparing notes is mostly like comparing apples to oranges. Your MTL vs my DLH; your much higher PG base than my 80VG/20PG or 100% VG bases (PG generally carries the flavor better than VG does); using verses not using nicotine; and a wide difference between the gear/builds you use compared to mine. So what works for you would never work for me, and I assume vice versa.

I have no experience with there being a big difference in a recipe...made for/by someone who does MTL vs. DTL, no nic vs. with nic, low wattage vs. high wattage, nor with various gear and builds. Another ECF member and I commonly use nearly the identical % of flavorings in eliquid recipes that we both make. He makes his DIY at 80VG/20PG @ 3mg and I make mine 60VG/40PG @ 7mg. However, he vapes the exact opposite as I do in every way. He vapes only DTL, at very high watts, and with fancy coils he builds at like 0.2ohms and lower. His gear includes things like a Hammer of God beast size mod and mods he builds himself, with the Voltrove (IIRC 20-24mL capacity) and similar others.

I make eliquids for a couple friends and a relative, who also have differences in how they vape, the gear they use, their nic mg, PG/VG ratios, etc., compared to me. They all like the same recipe made for them, flavoring-wise, as I make it for myself...with only the adjustments made for their different nic mg and PG/VG ratios.

It's just a new-to-me idea...that "what works for you would never work for me, and I assume vice versa." Not saying it's not true in your case though. Just something I'd never heard before.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
IDK I think the whole DL/MTL flavoring thing is a bit overhyped myself, although I guess I can see the idea of being mostly VG needing to be handled differently.

I mixed at max VG for a long time when I was PG sensitive and before I discovered PEG400 which is sort of a "PG substitute" of a sort. I did not increase or decrease my flavoring one bit. I will say, my flavors tasted "better" but not "stronger." They were crisper, more defined, somehow sharper but not "stronger." My VG, distilled water vapes didn't taste bad, but they were a bit "muddy" compared to when I began using PEG400.

I don't think it was a sudden jump in my mixing skills either, given that it happened to each and every mix that I made in that first batch.

IDK.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread