OSDIY - flavors, % used and everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Ya know, reading how folks were raving about blue razz slush is what first sent me to Osdiy. I was glad I ordered other flavors cuz the BRS had nothing but slush for my buds. I think my buds are seriously 'disabled' or something.

I like it, and I vape it every now and then. I always have a quantity of it onhand because I also use it as a flavoring when I do shaved ice at a local horse rescue fundraiser each year and for a few neighbors at their kids' birthday parties. Everyone loves it! I also use the OSDIY's Margarita and Olde Tyme Root Beer, as well as LOR Bubble Gum, TFA Peach, TFA Strawberry Ripe + CAP Sweet Strawberry and a few others...for other shaved ice flavors, too.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Yeah the Old Tyme Root Beer, SST, and Pink Lemonade were the winners from my first order.

I can see why. Those 3 flavorings are as close to the real things as possible, IMO. They're some of my favorites, too.

Just made the last of my root beer and SST.

The 20% off sale is a timely coincidence then, isn't it? :thumbs:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I can see why. Those 3 flavorings are as close to the real things as possible, IMO. They're some of my favorites, too.

The 20% off sale is a happy coincidence then, isn't it? :thumbs:
Yes it is. I was just about to go place an order for sample sizes of others I have yet to try when I saw the alert for this message!:banana:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Sure is a lot of sweet toothed folks that run this thread. :shock:
;)
I like sweet too up to a point... in its proper place (food). vaping it is not the proper place for me I guess.

I learned this very early on when I first started doing DIY and vaping in early 2013. But my early research about DIY had some flaws in it when my first order for DIY supplies and concentrates included 75 flavors, with many of them fruits and other sweet flavors. I love to eat raw fruits, all of them, and not too sweet desserts... but I can't stand to vape them or any other profile that to me is too sweet. I guess that is why I settled on savory and drink (alcoholic and non alcoholic) flavor profiles for the bulk of my DIY recipes.

Boring to some maybe, but I do supercharge my recipes with strong flavors, spices and/or adding ice cold.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Ordered everything that I have not yet tried! Except for the Chocolate Creme, I think.

One Stop Flavors - Baked Cinnamon Roll - 10mL 1 $1.49
One Stop Flavors - Wild Cherrylicious - 10ml 1 $1.49
One Stop Blends - Blue Note* - 10mL 1 $1.49
One Stop Blends - Choco Yum-Cake -10mL 1 $1.49
One Stop Blends - Lotta Latte* - 10mL 1 $1.49
One Stop Blends - Lucky Shot* - 10mL 1 $1.49
ECF [osbcr10][oswcl10][osbln10][osccy10][oslla10][oslus10] 1 -$1.79

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I just talked with Kimberly about some CAP flavorings that she doesn't carry and/or is out of, but can order for me. During the conversation we also talked about their new 9th Anniversary Sale. She said even though it's for the whole month of September...we could start ordering early now and still get the deal.

She also said they had a vendor swoop in and order all the 30mL and 120mL sizes of their Blue Raspberry Slush that they had on their website this morning. They did have (6) more 30mL bottles left that weren't listed, so she listed them, but that's all for now. However...they've already placed 2 orders for more, to come in spaced apart, so they will have enough back in stock to hopefully last the month.

OSDIY 9th Anniversary Sale

20% off most things*
The whole month of September
Use regular codes ECF or JFK

*Chef's Flavors aren't included because they
cannot sell them for less than a specific price.

Naturally I just got all the OSDIY supplies I wanted from an order last week. I've been buying from them for years but have never caught one of their sales to buy from. :(
Hmmmm? Maybe I'll order those two Chef's Flavors I passed on last week... or maybe buy another 120ml bottle of Key Lime... or go through my quite large stash of supplies and see if anything else is getting low that they carry???

Maybe I'll just bite the bullet, pass on the sale and dance with the one I brung.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Boring to some maybe, but I do supercharge my recipes with strong flavors, spices and/or adding ice cold.

IMO, that's 1 of the best things about DIY. There are no one-size-fits-all DIY eliquids. Everyone can make whatever "floats their own boat", so to speak. What suits my tastes, or your tastes, doesn't have to be "a winner" for anyone else. :thumbs:

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
;)
I like sweet too up to a point... in its proper place (food). Vaping it is not the proper place for me I guess.

I learned this very early on when I first started doing DIY and vaping in early 2013. But my early research about DIY had some flaws in it when my first order for DIY supplies and concentrates included 75 flavors, with many of them fruits and other sweet flavors. I love to eat raw fruits, all of them, and not too sweet desserts... but I can't stand to vape them or any other profile that to me is too sweet. I guess that is why I settled on savory and drink (alcoholic and non alcoholic) flavor profiles for the bulk of my DIY recipes.

Same here. I'm going way out on a limb with some of these flavors, but won't know if I don't try them. I've had one commercial juice that was so sweet I couldn't finish the first tank. Back licorice bears. Fantastic flavor for first few puffs but quickly turned sickening sweet.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Ordered everything that I have not yet tried! Except for the Chocolate Creme, I think.

The Baked Cinnamon Roll, Lucky Shot, and Lotta Latte are 3 that, for me, could be my only flavorings (if push came to shove)...and I'd be perfectly happy with them. Just a little heads up - the Lucky Shot is the sweetest of those 3.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Hmmmm? Maybe I'll order those two Chef's Flavors I passed on last week... or maybe buy another 120ml bottle of Key Lime... or go through my quite large stash of supplies and see if anything else is getting low that they carry???

The CF aren't included in the sale, because OSDIY can't sell them for less than a certain price, per their agreement with CF.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Same here. I'm going way out on a limb with some of these flavors, but won't know if I don't try them. I've had one commercial juice that was so sweet I couldn't finish the first tank. Back licorice bears. Fantastic flavor for first few puffs but quickly turned sickening sweet.

My first thoughts when considering all of those you mentioned above would have been no way on any of them, not for my tastes. But I did finally find my spot for the Lucky Shot/Lotta Latte combo, with a friendly proding from @JCinFLA, and probably enjoy them now nearly as much as most other folks do.

I have the BCR off your list above in hand to try out just for S&G, but have not got to it yet. I don't hold a lot of promise in it, but then I said the same thing about the LS/LL combo as well when I first dove into them.

You just have to take the plunge yourself when the vape is for yourself. IOW, nothing ventured, nothing gained. In the very least you will add to your personal flavor knowledge base, and that's what eventually makes the difference in the quality of your personal DIY.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The Chefs flavors aren't included in the sale anyway.

The CF aren't included in the sale, because OSDIY can't sell them for less than a certain price, per their agreement with CF.

I know the CF flavors are not included in the sale. The sale is just an excuse to send some more business to OSDIY Shop AND finally take part in one of their sales. I don't really care that much about the extra savings. Their regular prices are way more than fair to me.

I've started going thru my flavor inventory and already found 2-3 I could use another 120ml bottle of. Have a ways to go to get thru all of it, so could be more. Doing so also alerted me that I need to order 4 more VG and 1 more PG 1 liter bottles from Jake (supplier of my favorite brand of VG & PG).

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Just made a new test batch of Lucky Shot 10% and Key Lime 5% based on Kimberly's percentage that @JCinFLA shared with me. Like the combo OK on a super sub ohm build that helps knock down the sweet for me, but S&V it needs way more lime for my taste.

I know the LS will change with aging, so I think I'll do a larger batch of LS stand alone (to see if I like it vaped alone), speed age it for a test vape then keep adding lime to it until I find my spot for this combo.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Just made a new test batch of Lucky Shot 10% and Key Lime 5% based on Kimberly's percentage that @JCinFLA shared with me. Like the combo OK on a super sub ohm build that helps knock down the sweet for me, but S&V it needs way more lime for my taste.

Kimberly's recommendation of 10% LS + 5% TFA Key Lime is for MTL vaping (which for her is using an Aerotank with a 1.8ohm coil or a Zenith, and at very low watts). For subohming and at higher W than many MTL vape at, she suggests cutting each % in half.

I have no doubt that you'll find your happy place with the % of both though. Seems like you have more than enough experience with DIY, and a good plan, for finding it.

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    ;)
    I like sweet too up to a point... in its proper place (food). Vaping it is not the proper place for me I guess.

I'm the same way. I can't vape anything to sweet at all. You might want to stop by here,,https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/random-diy-mixing-and-more.865169/

Spydro

Sindoyen
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 20, 2013
    nowhither
    Kimberly's recommendation of 10% LS + 5% TFA Key Lime is for MTL vaping (which for her is using an Aerotank with a 1.8ohm coil or a Zenith, and at very low watts). For subohming and at higher W than many MTL vape at, she suggests cutting each % in half.

I have no doubt that you'll find your happy place with the % of both though. Seems like you have more than enough experience with DIY, and a good plan, for finding it.

I have never done MTL vaping. I doubt very many tootle puffers have done DLH, super low subohm/high power vaping extensively like I have. So we are from different worlds in vaping. They know their world, I know mine.

I've been making my own DIY liquids for almost 5.5 years, extracting some of my own flavor concentrates for 3+. So yes I do know what I'm doing for my own personal tastes with the dozens of flavor profiles I've used over the years and the gear I have ran them in. What's new here to me right now is trying out store bought OSB's, OSF's, RL's, LO's or other concentrates I have not used before. I will figure them out whether pro or con for my personal uses.

All my buys from OSDIY had been only from the TFA, CAP, FA and FW lines before now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread