Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I would like to tell you more about proteus but I cant steel. You understand the reasons I think:)
Although I do agree with you that the Zorbas doesnt look good on .... frankly anything, and that is why I never bought it, I dont understand your defencive stance and need to dismiss the similarities especially since your only arguement seems to be Zorbas doesnt look good.
Personally I would be extreamly happy to know that Zorbas electronics were in the Proteus as that would mean 6 - 18 Watts and it could handle a 1 Ohm atty, in a presentable quality built.

P.S If you want a drop in module get a KICK.

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
The hype behind things like the kick/zorba devices is perhaps slightly misunderstood. When you setup your Ithaka for example with dual coils that meter out at lets say 0.7ohms and attach that to your GGTS or JustGG and slip in a fresh 18650 at 4.2v, what happens is that you're vaping at 25.2 Watts (see Ohm's Law formula). You simply can't do that with the kick or the Zorba or any other VW device. So effectively you're limiting your mod to the max wattage capability of the VW module.
Now I know some of you will argue about vaping at a constant wattage irrespective of the ohms of the atty but bare in mind that that wattage is limited to a max of 15watts (corrected) in the Kick v2 or 18watts in the Zorba

Last edited:

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Well I'm waiting a DNA 20 device. The downfall of DNA 20 is that it doesn't go under 7 watts and it cannot fire less than 3.5v on a fresh battery. Which means sub ohm coils cannot be vaped at low watts which in my opinion is a big downfall. I hope Proteus does not have any limitations on the low side as well as high side. Sometimes I Vape at 30 watts but other times I can go down to 5 watts.

steelseth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cyprus
I usually vape at around 12 - 13 Watts, using a 1.8 ohm coil on my provari or 1.5 ohm coil on my mechanicals.
I havent felt the need to go sub Ohm yet but currently there is nothing electronic on the market that could do 25 - 30 Watts and then I guess you would need the batteries to deliver 7 - 8 amps and how long would those batteries last ?

At what Watts do you guys vape ?

Last edited:

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
With the Ithaka 0.6-0.8 duals are absolutely amazing steelseth. I agree that if someone is a 10 watt vaper he can use a VW mod but if you own an Ithaka I seriously doubt 10 watts will even come close to warming the coils.

In fact to vape at 10watts a 0.7ohm coil you need the module to supply 2.6V

Last edited:

Supacrazyguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
Swieqi , Malta
The hype behind things like the kick/zorba devices is perhaps slightly misunderstood. When you setup your Ithaka for example with dual coils that meter out at lets say 0.7ohms and attach that to your GGTS or JustGG and slip in a fresh 18650 at 4.2v, what happens is that you're vaping at 25.2 Watts (see Ohm's Law formula). You simply can't do that with the kick or the Zorba or any other VW device. So effectively you're limiting your mod to the max wattage capability of the VW module.
Now I know some of you will argue about vaping at a constant wattage irrespective of the ohms of the atty but bare in mind that that wattage is limited to a max of 20watts in the Kick v2 or 18watts in the Zorba
Actually that is incorrect , with that setup you just cant vape at 25 watts . If you had connected to a power supply that was regulated yes , but batteries suffer from what is called voltage drop under load, this is instantaneous and the bigger the load ( ie lower the coil resistance ) the more voltage drop you get . This is not to be confused with voltage drop due to batteries draining .

Supacrazyguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
Swieqi , Malta
Sure as your voltage drops from 4.2v your wattage drops but even at 3.6v you're still at 18.5watts

hmm i think on a fresh battery its around that maybe 20watts but after a hour of moderate vaping it could be as low as 15watts , personally i cant wait for a regulated GG , low coils are nice but regulation solves one of the biggest problems .

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
proteus has no limits aal. And thats one more reason that I cant make it quick. Its one of the most difficult electronic cirquits. I have already contact to at least 20-25 factories and noone is able to make it. I finally found a factory that has no dificulties to make it but thats what they said. Who knows what they will say after they start the production
Well I'm waiting a DNA 20 device. The downfall of DNA 20 is that it doesn't go under 7 watts and it cannot fire less than 3.5v on a fresh battery. Which means sub ohm coils cannot be vaped at low watts which in my opinion is a big downfall. I hope Proteus does not have any limitations on the low side as well as high side. Sometimes I Vape at 30 watts but other times I can go down to 5 watts.

steelseth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cyprus
proteus has no limits aal. And thats one more reason that I cant make it quick. Its one of the most difficult electronic cirquits. I have already contact to at least 20-25 factories and noone is able to make it. I finally found a factory that has no dificulties to make it but thats what they said. Who knows what they will say after they start the production
Dude that is so wrong in so many levels Im not even going to comment.
Im off, good luck with it.

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Although I do agree with you that the Zorbas doesnt look good on .... frankly anything, and that is why I never bought it, I dont understand your defencive stance and need to dismiss the similarities especially since your only arguement seems to be Zorbas doesnt look good.
Personally I would be extreamly happy to know that Zorbas electronics were in the Proteus as that would mean 6 - 18 Watts and it could handle a 1 Ohm atty, in a presentable quality built.

P.S If you want a drop in module get a KICK.

I think I came off more defensive then I meant to so for that I apologize. As or the ability to work at a large range of power I agree. And I don't remember the specifics but Imeo did promise at least 15 watts quite some time ago so I am sure it will satisfy. As for my rant about the looks you posted pictures so that is mostly what I commented on. But IMHO the statment that Zorbas and Proteus are alike at least to me would be like saying Zorbas and the Cyborg are alike. To me they are nothing alike except their ability to regulate power to your atomizer of choice. Zorbas was designed to work with most any 510 threaded mechanical. Proteus was designed to be a full PV. It just happens to be adaptable to work with other GG PV's.

Anyways I am not trying to start an argument just thought I would throw out my opinion.

BTW as for kicks I have a Kick 2 and love it. Far superior to the origional and a great addon untill Proteus and VIR are released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread