Not open for further replies.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I'm unsure how fast the Paypal option will disappear for Chinese sites, but my Efun.top order processed as normal this morning. More Minifits for the stockpile.

If one was expecting to continue ordering from China using Paypal after the Deeming took effect they should order very soon IMO.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I sent HG a message asking them how I, being in the USA, can pay for an order.

This is their response.

Thank you for receive your letter.

We used could accept the payment via PayPal, while according to the PayPal's new notification, they no longer support the vaping devices transactions since 11th Sep. We have to remove the PayPal away from our website.

More details about the PayPal suspend the service, you can check this link:
    https://www.heavengifts.com/article/Suspension-paypal.html
    Available Payment methods: https://www.heavengifts.com/article/payment-options.html

Sorry but for our United States clients, there is no other available payment methods now, the delivery can't be arranged temporally. We are try to find the other payment methods as the alternative, but it's really need the time for the collection. Truly hoping for your understanding for this point.

When we find the new payment method, we will send email to let you know. Then you can place order at that time!

We're sorry again for this situation and best regards,

Tracy
    Heaven Gifts

I still don't 100% believe that Paypal has restricted or forbidden vape transactions in China just yet. They certainly are dragging their feet on suspending all the others if they have.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Is there the option at FT to buy a gift certificate?

Yes, this is how you have to buy Aspire products at FT so this may be a work around as long as their PP account isn't totally suspended.

ETA: That is IF they start blocking vape for paypal transaction.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Looks like PP no longer a option for FT. View attachment 907063

Oh I see now. SKU 9725902 is a pack of Aspire coils. You can't buy Aspire products from FT using Paypal. Aspire blocks certain merchants on Paypal from using Paypal to sell their stuff. You have to buy a gift certificate, then buy the Aspire products using the gift certificate funds.

If you look about half way down that page on the right, you'll see the following notice...

Important information and restrictions:
    • This item can only be purchased via Bitcoin (XBT) or gift certificates (store credits).
    • Bitcoin is secure and popular. First time using Bitcoin? Click here to get started

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    True, but if the FDA is sending warning letters to giants like Go Daddy and PP, won't they do the same for cc companies? Can they do it? Will they comply?

CC copmanies are allowed to collect paypment for vape prodduct because vape is not, as a category, illegal. The problem now is that some vape is illegal (no PMTA or rejected) and some vape is not (PMTA pending/approved).

So credit card processors would have to spend a lot of money making a database of UPCs and such so that only FDA approved UPCs can be processed. This is simplified, it would be a lot more laborious than that. As such, the FDA cannot really urge CC processors to only ban transactions for certain UPCs.

The only thing that can happen is certain big processors can, if they want, decide to drop vape transactions altogether. But since it is not illegal, the other processors will just pick up the new business. One such processor did that a couple years ago. Nothing to do with the government, they just decided to drop vape merchants. I wish I could remember who that was, but I remember they were a rather large player in the merchant processing world.

Vape is already categorized as "high Risk" so that avenue has already been visited years ago. Vape shops have to pay more now, but at least they can take your credit card. Just like with Firearms sales and other high risk categories.

I personally don't see non-3rd party processors (like Paypal) dropping vape en masse. There's money to be made there.

Qew

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2012
    Michigan
    Yes, I remember doing something like that, a long time ago, for Aspire products. I can't find an option to just purchase a gift certificate. But one can order a bunch of stuff, pay, and immediately cancel the order and choose a gift certificate as a form of refund.

But I'm sure there must be an option to just buy a GC. I just haven't found it yet. Maybe I'll email FT and ask--that might be an option. But they may also ban using GC for vaping stuff, if they so choose. :facepalm: Oy...
    Ok, I went to look because I remember ordering Aspire coils a long time ago too. Here ya go Katya- Login: FastTech

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I can't find an option to just purchase a gift certificate.

Yeah, they seem to hide it. Go to your account by clicking on your name at the top of the site then click Buy Gift Certificates on the left side menu. $10 minimum, 5 year validity. that's if you buy one. Validity time is less if they issue it to you because of a refund.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I've gotten a bitcoin refund, from fasttech, no less... Ymmv.

Oh yes, I understand that. The integrity of the retailer is important in the outcome of a dispute using crypto. But in general, using crypto currency involves a level of risk average consumers aren't willing to take. This is especially true in P2P sales on the internet. If I sell you something and after I get you crypto $ I never ship it, you won't get your money back. Unless something had somehow changed, that's the way I understand it.

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
    Are you sure they're authentic? If the title of the product you are buying doesn't start with "Authentic Aspire" blah, blah, blah, then it's a clone.

In fact, it probably won't even say Aspire in the title. For instance, this SKU says nothing about Aspire in the title, just "Replacement Coil Head for BVC Clearomizers (5-Pack)". So it's a clone. Otherwise it would say Authentic Aspire Replacement Coil Head for BVC Clearomizers (5-Pack)" or something like that.

This is what I order

$8.95 5PCS Authentic Aspire Nautilus Mini BVC Clearomizer Replacement Coil Head 5-pack - 1.6ohm at FastTech - Free Shipping

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I did my final China order from HC also. They seem to want to keep going IDK. Although with that said a China company could "Go under" and say "Oh my we are bankrupt or whatever and so sorry about your order." Oh well, not cancelling it now.

I could not find any ecig products on BuyBest so that might want to be checked by someone. They were smaller, but sometimes had great deals.

Anna

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Fasttech is still accepting PayPal.

PayPal has a policy of not allowing e-cigarette sales without pre appoval from PayPal. Last update in march of this year but has been their policy for a several years. A company must get approval for that usage. Of course PayPal doesn't always know what the purchase was.

acceptableuse-full

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Well if it is HG specific I'm not going to weep. I'm not a fan of them anyway. Their prices and shipping are way too high and you never know when they'll try to hit you up with additional shipping charges. They tried it with me the last time I tried to order from them and I said no way. Cancel!

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I just attempted checkout with a Smoant Taggerz mod and got no "Paypal Unavailable" warning and transaction was forwarded to Paypal as normal.

I have got that warning so far when I added an aspire product, which is par for the coarse at FT since about prolly 2016.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Oh I see now. SKU 9725902 is a pack of Aspire coils. You can't buy Aspire products from FT using Paypal. Aspire blocks certain merchants on Paypal from using Paypal to sell their stuff. You have to buy a gift certificate, then buy the Aspire products using the gift certificate funds.

If you look about half way down that page on the right, you'll see the following notice...

Important information and restrictions:
    • This item can only be purchased via Bitcoin (XBT) or gift certificates (store credits).
    • Bitcoin is secure and popular. First time using Bitcoin? Click here to get started

That's Right...

I Vaguely Remember something about PP not working with some Aspire Products on FT.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread