PDIB's Making MODs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
First off, Gongrats on a new business pdib! They look fantastic and look like just what I've been waiting for (a vmod hole on a more contemporary style wood mod). I'm sure you'll sell a ton of them.

Second, how are the squonk holes on those? They look a bit small, but that could just be the large fingers by them. :laugh: Are they the same size as on the vmod?

Questions: Is the bottle size 6ml or 10ml? If I ordered one sooner rather than later, would I get able to get one with a slightly bigger squonk hole? If we want a stabilized wood one (if that would even be an option), do we have to send you a block ourselves, or can you just adjust that into the price?

PS: Tax returns will be coming in soon. I want one!!! :D

Hello, SFM! How ya' been?

So, the hole is 22mm tall (~7/8").

I would make one with a bigger hole, if need be. It happens pretty early in the process, so I'd want to know ahead of time. FYI, were the hole any taller, it would expose parts of the bottle that you wouldn't want to squonk.

6ml

For now, stabilized is #1 you get dims from me and tell me you're thinking about it. #2 you source it, buy it, ship it (to me direct is fine) #3 although I'm not in the habit of FUBARing things, it could happen, and then it's your risk, your loss on the cost of that piece of material. (there, now doesn't that sound inviting? :))

SkinyFatMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
Hello, SFM! How ya' been?

So, the hole is 22mm tall (~7/8").

I would make one with a bigger hole, if need be. It happens pretty early in the process, so I'd want to know ahead of time. FYI, were the hole any taller, it would expose parts of the bottle that you wouldn't want to squonk.

6ml

For now, stabilized is #1 you get dims from me and tell me you're thinking about it. #2 you source it, buy it, ship it (to me direct is fine) #3 although I'm not in the habit of FUBARing things, it could happen, and then it's your risk, your loss on the cost of that piece of material. (there, now doesn't that sound inviting? :))

I've been awesome and am still rocking the Mother of Board door that you sent!

That hole size is good enough for me. If it's big enough to fit my thumb in, it's big enough to squeeze through.

What size block of wood do I need to source? Do you (or anyone else here) have a good place to get stabilized wood, preferably in blue like this?
SWBEB-2T.jpg

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Aha! My muse! Vwls is directly responsible for all this . . .. this . . . this mOdness! It was she, after all, who suggested that I design a mod. (I think she had something a bit more innovative, elegant and worldly in mind; but ya' know, sometimes a girl's just gotta settle . . . .. tee-hee) :blink:

Last edited:

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Aha! My muse! Vwls is directly responsible for all this . . .. this . . . this mOdness! It was she, after all, who suggested that I design a mod. (I think she had something a bit more innovative, elegant and worldly involved; but ya' know, sometimes a girl's just gotta settle . . . .. tee-hee) :blink:

I know genius when I 'see' it ;) Missed my true calling as a talent scout.

New word: "mOdness."

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Aha! My muse! Vwls is directly responsible for all this . . .. this . . . this mOdness! It was she, after all, who suggested that I design a mod. (I think she had something a bit more innovative, elegant and worldly involved; but ya' know, sometimes a girl's just gotta settle . . . .. tee-hee) :blink:

Now I know what "Vwls got wood" was all about.
I had a hunch, but sometimes stalking leads to questions I just don't want to ask.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
OMG - pdib :w00t::drool::hubba:

I gotta have one of those. Where do I sign up?

hey, changed the name, huh? I was just getting used to not being able to mentally sound out the last one. (dunno why, it was pretty straightforward) Good to see a fellow Warshingtah.

. . . . .. sign up? . . . . .. oh. I don't know. Didn't think about that. Well, given that I'm only capable of making so many (not that many) in so much time (some bit of time), I guess, by default, it's first come first serve . . .. . PM me please, X-Pup, and I'll put that PM into a folder, which will establish the order of interested parties (as it will display PMs by date).

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
When given the chance to grab what the Wizard of sub ohms bottom feeding was vaping, you best believe I jumped on it; me who don't know a fuse from a set screw.

I told Pdib that if it was point and shoot; I do know how to meter my coils and what to do in case of a short etc… I was in dire need of a sub ohms bottom feeder and wanted in…

What I didn't know was what an artist with the spalted and otherwise beautiful wood he is.
The ergonomics of this mod is efficient; more along the body lines of a Vmod than a Grand; how it fits in the hand, but more solid than the plastic Vmod. These are hand made, and impressive.

I love how the top and bottom base comes right off with a flick yet the magnets hold surprisingly true.
If you want to set the screw in the bottom base and not pop it off, you can, since you not only fill the bottle from the top, but you can change out batts from the top too.
The juice tube is very resilient and how the whole bottle / 510 connector comes out with the top base, refilling is easy and mess free.

Yep all those design factors work…

and main thing, this is not your ecf vet's bottom feeder, it is a pocket rocket that consistently and efficiently powers those sub ohms micro coils through bottle after bottle of your favorite juice. lol.

edit; now i can put this on my sig… but what is called? I've been asking….

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Mine is at the bottom just above Pdib's #0001 proto… with all that lovely copper, which looks like a decorative band from the side but is a plate.
. . . . .

and my little prototype ended up being mine. It's my all-day every-day . . . .

as a testament to his wood work, that cracky spalting is virtually indistinguishable in hand; its smooth as a baby's bottom.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
When given the chance to grab what the Wizard of sub ohms bottom feeding was vaping, you best believe I jumped on it; me who don't know a fuse from a set screw.

I told Pdib that if it was point and shoot; I do know how to meter my coils and what to do in case of a short etc… I was in dire need of a sub ohms bottom feeder and wanted in…

What I didn't know was what an artist with the spalted and otherwise beautiful wood he is.
The ergonomics of this mod is efficient; more along the body lines of a Vmod than a Grand; how it fits in the hand, but more solid than the plastic Vmod. These are hand made, and impressive.

I love how the top and bottom base comes right off with a flick yet the magnets hold surprisingly true.
If you want to set the screw in the bottom base and not pop it off, you can, since you not only fill the bottle from the top, but you can change out batts from the top too.
The juice tube is very resilient and how the whole bottle / 510 connector comes out with the top base, refilling is easy and mess free.

Yep all those design factors work…

and main thing, this is not your ecf vet's bottom feeder, it is a pocket rocket that consistently and efficiently powers those sub ohms micro coils through bottle after bottle of your favorite juice. lol.

edit; now i can put this on my sig… but what is called? I've been asking….

Uke, thanks man! (another beta-man). I'll add to the above mentioned list of thank you thoughts: patience and understanding. (all these apply to all y'all beta boys)

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
I've never cared for wood mods as they always look a bit clunky and cheap but I MUST HAVE ONE OF THESE!!! Where do I send my deposit to hold one???? :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thank you, good Sir. :blush:

No deposits accepted, as I don't need the liability just yet. When they're done, they're for sale. Custom requests accepted, attempted; but no promises made. Just a sincere effort and a pure mind . . . .. . (hah!) :p

Datalux, if you want to PM me, I'll put you on the "first called out, first called up" list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread