Penelope V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Must screw the top nut with screw driver? Maybe I screw it too far...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I personnaly use a drill bit, with a diameter larger than the nut, but smaller than the ceramic cup. I put the nut in the ceramic, maintain the nut flat and in contact with ceramic bottow using the drill bit. I then screw the post, until it reaches the drill bit, then remove the drill bit. I thenkeep on screwing wile pulling the post, the friction between the pulled nut and ceramic is enough to block it and prevent it from rotating ... I finaly use a plyer on the beefy part of the nut to tight it (no need to foce ... )
I'm not sure my explanation are clear, english isn't my native language :)

FogNL

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
Amsterdam
Hi guys,

I would like to tap into your experience with the Penny V2. As I posted in the other thread, I nicknamed my V2 the 'Queen B1tch' from all my atty's because for me it as has been the most difficult atty to learn & master. But she's also my favorite of them all. We have a love/hate relationship. Never a dull moment and I think this is why I love it so much... :)

I think I'm at 80% of mastering the V2. I only use Silica builds on it and I can build it with different diameters wick and wire with good and repeatable results. This is with two short wicks -only on top- leaving both channels open. This gives me stable wicking with excellent vapor & taste between 10 and 15 Watts (I never vape higher).

But... And here comes my question; I never ever managed to build it successfully with two wicks running down the channels into the base like you see on various reviews (Todds, Scott Bonner, Navy-Lifeguard, etc.). I tried it at least 20 times or more with different wick diameters but always with poor results. Insufficient wicking with a dry and/or burned taste at any setting above 10 Watts.

I would really like to hear from you guys how you build the V2 with wicks down the channels with good wicking at 10 Watts or more. :blink:

Richard.

labin

Mar 18, 2013
switzerland
I usually use 3mm Silika down the channels to the bottom o-ring, with another 3mm as a flavour wick in the coil. Build it with a thin needle in the coil so you don't strangle the wick, then take that out when coiled.
I use this as 1Ohm Coil on mechanical mods, so that might be 17.6 Watts at 4.2V, but that's on 14500 batts.
Need to open Liquidcontrol quite a bit, but gives awesome vapour and taste.

Bigwhiterabbitt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
N. Ireland
I use 2mm wick in the channels all the way down to the o-ring with a 3mm flavor wick on top (100% VG). Unlike @labin I don't use a needle, I find this makes the coil too loose and creates hot spots or more likely hot rings so don't be afraid to wrap quite tight. When you screw the base on make sure you havn't put too much tension on the wick running down the channels. I usually tease it up slightly with a pin so that the juice can flow freely to the coil. Juice up the wick and coil, fire her up and count to five. If you don't get any coil glowing red you're pretty much good to go. Prime the wick again and close her up. Once the cap's on I open her up 3 full turns, hasn't flooded on me yet. With thinner juice I'd start opening her up 1 full turn and then half a turn at a time until you think it's right. Hope this helps..

Last edited:

jesseseetai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
louisville, ky, usa
i recently picked up a V2 off the classifieds... i've set it up with 1.7 ohm ready wires and i've done builds using cotton and silica and no matter what i try i'm not getting any flavor. i've tried different juices too. i've tried it on my sturm v2 mod and my bagua 14500. i'm using AW batteries. if anyone could help me out, i'd appreciate it.

i'm getting good vapor... just no flavor

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
i recently picked up a V2 off the classifieds... i've set it up with 1.7 ohm ready wires and i've done builds using cotton and silica and no matter what i try i'm not getting any flavor. i've tried different juices too. i've tried it on my sturm v2 mod and my bagua 14500. i'm using AW batteries. if anyone could help me out, i'd appreciate it.

i'm getting good vapor... just no flavor

If you're getting good vapor with no burnt taste, then it's a wicking problem. If there is no taste and good vapor, then it's a flavor of juice problem. It's called vapors tongue. Vape the same juice all the time and it will happen.

IMO I get better taste from juice using cotton. The ohms can also be a factor. Some claim more flavor with low ohms, while others say more flavor with higher ohm builds. Eat some salt, or sniff coffee bean (unless your juice is coffee flavored) to try and rid of vapor's tongue. There are other ways too. That's my 2 cents.

FogNL

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
Amsterdam
My Queen B1tich (the V2) slapped me in the face again... Yet another failure with a wicks down the channels build. :blink:

2mm wick in the channels, cut at the base of the ceramic with a small 2mm piece double on top. 1.5 Ohm ready wire from Guru. Again I'm having a dry, scorchy taste at anything above 8W no matter if I have the juice control 1, 2, 3 or 6 turns open. The wicks simply seem to run too dry... Amazing! :unsure:

Just now I switched back to my proven setup with only two small pieces of 3mm wick doubled on top with the channels empty. 1.7 Ohm NR-R-NR wire with 0.20 Kanthal made myself. Perfect again, right from the 3rd draw. Excellent taste from 8 up to 15W if needed. I am really gobsmacked how everybody seems to be able to get the V2 working right with the wicks down the channels but I can't...

One other variable I just thought of could be the ready wire from Guru. I don't know if they use NiChrome or Kanthal. I never use NiChrome so maybe this gives a funky taste that I perceive as dry?

What do you guys think?... :?:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread