petition needs your signature

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
2422499458cdea948ad8d9ac2f96398d.jpg

:thumbs:

I go 800 miles north and still can't get a decent internet connection, though last night I think it was a computer glitch. :( Today my parents' entire senior citizen complex had their internet go down. I know it's wrong to get a warm fuzzy feeling that over 1,000 people are POed over their internet but I did anyway, so nice to not be alone in getting frustrated for once. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thank you to you and everyone for hanging in there with us/me. :wub: We may not change anything grand scheme of things but have certainly made our little corner of the world more aware. Even if all we do is make people aware and get some to stock up, it's worth it. Very worth it. Maybe it will get some motivated to switch to vaping before all their options are taken away or taxed into oblivion. Heck (hell), an old workhorse, ProVape, is already gone for them due to deeming.

Sorry for rambling, I'm feeling sort of desperate and frustrated for smokers with the looming taxes for Californians going into effect in about three weeks and no one apparently knowing how bad it will be for vapers.

I also fear for the mentally ill who get relief from smoking in CA who will now have to pay $2.00 a pack more for cigarettes to "save the children." Right, they can afford that, but the state can make a buck off of that so who cares how much some random person suffers?

Bad typo above and the computer isn't letting me fix it. Going to bed, hope I can I fix it by edit it but if not, humble apologies.
images

motordude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2015
VA, USA
Anyway, thank you to you and everyone for hanging in there with us/me. :wub: We may not change anything grand scheme of things but have certainly made our little corner of the world more aware. Even if all we do is make people aware and get some to stock up, it's worth it. Very worth it. Maybe it will get some motivated to switch to vaping before all their options are taken away or taxed into oblivion. Heck (hell), an old workhorse, ProVape, is already gone for them due to deeming.
Very well stated!!!

Vishal001

Moved On
Feb 17, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Spam

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Neat lookin' contraption David but what in the world is it?

I am amazed at all that can be done with a computer but am more impressed by what mechanical engineers can accomplish. Have you ever torn into a one of the early copiers? Amazes me that someone was able to figure out how to make and put together ALL those parts and actually make them work as planned.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
It's a voltage regulator for a large generator, as in a hydroelectric plant. As the system load changes, it automatically changes the excitation voltage to the rotor to restore the output voltage to the preset level - so customers don't see sags or spikes. State of the art - for, say, 1930! (Although they, and similar from Westinghouse and others, were in use well into the 60's and 70's.

Yeah, the ingenuity of our species is pretty remarkable. Now if we could just figure out how to handle intangibles as well!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

article-2329463-19F36D98000005DC-723_470x565.jpg

I'm sorry everybody, had a lot of computer/internet problems while visiting my parents. Right after we left my father, 93, broke his hip. At their age and their condition, it could be a disaster or just a blip for my Mom and Dad. If everything goes well, it will be a two week blip and of which I may gone another week. I promise to stay as current as I can. I just can't promise more.

Don't forget the pics, FT!

bb08738b698ce3359c6a92f246f41fea.jpg

I wish, it's just a a ceramic thingy with what looks like a circuit breaker, though no one can confirm it.. Pretty mundane. :(

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA

I wish, it's just a a ceramic thingy with what looks like a circuit breaker, though no one can confirm it.. Pretty mundane. :(

Only one single hit on Tineye and the tool tip describes it as a "Voltage Regulator by 95wombat" Lots of other neat pictures on that page. Not going to live link it, so remove the two spaces to fix.
https ://industrialdecay.blogspot.ca /2011_07_01_archive.html

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I'm sorry everybody, had a lot of computer/internet problems while visiting my parents. Right after we left my father, 93, broke his hip. At their age and their condition, it could be a disaster or just a blip for my Mom and Dad. If everything goes well, it will be a two week blip and of which I may gone another week. I promise to stay as current as I can. I just can't promise more.

Hang in there FT. Things have to get better soon and you can be sure, we will still be here for you :wub:

I am so sorry to hear about your dads broken hip :(

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

article-2329463-19F36D98000005DC-723_470x565.jpg

Dang, FT, not good! Yeah, hip at that age can be pretty catastrophic, hope he recovers quickly and well!

(So you probably didn't get the pic?)

Only one single hit on Tineye and the tool tip describes it as a "Voltage Regulator by 95wombat" Lots of other neat pictures on that page. Not going to live link it, so remove the two spaces to fix.
https ://industrialdecay.blogspot.ca /2011_07_01_archive.html

Cool site, OB! :thumb:

FuDa and others get their way, all our mods will start showing up there... :(

Yes, the pic I posted is of an "antique" voltage regulator, of a type similar to ones I've actually worked on ;) Was just trying to jog FT into remembering to get a pic of her mystery device.

Users who are viewing this thread