PHOENiX Bottom Coil Clearomizer - They are BACK JACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
So what is the bast way to clean these?

I've been using these since they first came out. This is the way I do it. Wiggle off the tube, there's a little bit of glue so it might be a little difficult, remove the center post run the coil under hot water, blow out any residual water, screw the coil back onto your PV and set it to the lowest voltage and dry burn until the coil glows. Fill and resume vaping.

magentaman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Puyallup,Wa
www.bfbvapor.com
I've been using these since they first came out. This is the way I do it. Wiggle off the tube, there's a little bit of glue so it might be a little difficult, remove the center post run the coil under hot water, blow out any residual water, screw the coil back onto your PV and set it to the lowest voltage and dry burn until the coil glows. Fill and resume vaping.

Kewl, so in theory just like the stardust's before they were rebuildable! Thanks!

I just made my first order with Gotvapes.

Picked up some various goodies along with some Phoenix bottom coils. A couple of packs of the 510's and a pack of the 808's. I am excited to try these. I have mostly been using Stardusts so far on my Ego's, as well as the top coil Nanos. I bought these in hopes that I don't have any problems with cracking with banana flavors that I have had with the top coil nanos. I don't like the Ego C tank system that much, so trying to avoid having to use that as a delivery system for some juices. I am going to try to get some Mini Novas, but I'm a relatively new vapor and trying to sort it all out. I usually use the smaller size nanos for trying different juices and put my regulars in the Stardusts. I'll work up to the mini novas, as I'm filling my Stardusts too much with my regular rotation juice each day.

These Phoenix's will be for the switch off flavors each day, and I'm really excited to put them to use after all the great reviews.

Thanks for the discount GotVapes. Spent a bill and got my discount for signing up for the newsletter. I like the shop you boys are running! I will be back for more.

Oh, and I must be day late and dollar short. I am going to post a new thread question on the Fluxos. I can't seem to find new info on them (I know they are out of stock) but have some questions. I'll post a new thread as not to hold hostage this one.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
I just made my first order with Gotvapes.

Picked up some various goodies along with some Phoenix bottom coils. A couple of packs of the 510's and a pack of the 808's. I am excited to try these. I have mostly been using Stardusts so far on my Ego's, as well as the top coil Nanos. I bought these in hopes that I don't have any problems with cracking with banana flavors that I have had with the top coil nanos. I don't like the Ego C tank system that much, so trying to avoid having to use that as a delivery system for some juices. I am going to try to get some Mini Novas, but I'm a relatively new vapor and trying to sort it all out. I usually use the smaller size nanos for trying different juices and put my regulars in the Stardusts. I'll work up to the mini novas, as I'm filling my Stardusts too much with my regular rotation juice each day.

These Phoenix's will be for the switch off flavors each day, and I'm really excited to put them to use after all the great reviews.

Thanks for the discount GotVapes. Spent a bill and got my discount for signing up for the newsletter. I like the shop you boys are running! I will be back for more.

Oh, and I must be day late and dollar short. I am going to post a new thread question on the Fluxos. I can't seem to find new info on them (I know they are out of stock) but have some questions. I'll post a new thread as not to hold hostage this one.
Hey southsider,
in your quest for a great clearo you may also want to check out the Kanger EVOD. So far the Phoenix and the EVOD are my favorite devices.

The EVODS are going to be in my next round with GV. I see they come with 1.8 ohm heads, but the site only lists replaceable heads with either 1.5 or 2.2 ohms?:unsure:

A shout out back from the Windy City, harplayr.
Thanks for the direction on trying the EVODS.

By the way, although I have not used the bottom coils yet, I still say you fill half way with water, cover both ends, and shake the hell out of it. Repeat, repeat and repeat some more. Blow out a few and hopefully your back in the game. Also, I see no reason why you can't burst hit these when dry to clean some residue off the coils. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening. The coiling is likely similar to most other types. I would just advise to take more time and shorten the bursts because you cannot see the coil heating up. My strategy for the top coil Nanos I use is going to be the exact same for these when I pick some up. For those of you who took these apart, get down in there and see what we're dealing with relative to the coil. Pics would be even better. I like my mind just because it's mine, but having more vaping nuts thinking together is a win/win for strategizing. Post up those of you who have tinkered. :)

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
The EVODS are going to be in my next round with GV. I see they come with 1.8 ohm heads, but the site only lists replaceable heads with either 1.5 or 2.2 ohms?:unsure:

A shout out back from the Windy City, harplayr.
Thanks for the direction on trying the EVODS.

By the way, although I have not used the bottom coils yet, I still say you fill half way with water, cover both ends, and shake the hell out of it. Repeat, repeat and repeat some more. Blow out a few and hopefully your back in the game. Also, I see no reason why you can't burst hit these when dry to clean some residue off the coils. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't happening. The coiling is likely similar to most other types. I would just advise to take more time and shorten the bursts because you cannot see the coil heating up. My strategy for the top coil Nanos I use is going to be the exact same for these when I pick some up. For those of you who took these apart, get down in there and see what we're dealing with relative to the coil. Pics would be even better. I like my mind just because it's mine, but having more vaping nuts thinking together is a win/win for strategizing. Post up those of you who have tinkered. :)
They will be stocking 1.8 ohm replacement evod coils, but they don't have them yet.

As far as dryburning goes, on both the Phoenix and the evod you can remove the center post and see the coil, so dryburning is easy, I do it all the time on both clearos when the coils get gunked up.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I tried digging up the original thread for the Phoenix's, but it seems to be buried really deep. It sure would be helpful to those just trying the Phoenix's for the first time.

The Phoenix's were responsible for killing any Poly filled carto for me, as well as starting my love for BC delivery devices...very revolutionary for me anyway. I have yet to find a delivery device, that works so incredibly well at around 2 ohm, on a standard non-VV/VW batt..

questionmark425

Jun 11, 2012
Colorado
I just got two boxes of the "original" Phoenix, but they are identical to the reborn, not the classic.

These are definitely different packaging then the reborn clearos were in, they are wrapped in clear not dark grey wrapping.

I saw Dan's post on post #52 and either I got one of the old reborns in new packaging (weird), or the "originals" they have in stock are identical to the reborn as both boxes of mine are shaped identical to reborns.

I got the 2.4 - 2.6 clearos.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
I just got two boxes of the "original" Phoenix, but they are identical to the reborn, not the classic.

These are definitely different packaging then the reborn clearos were in, they are wrapped in clear not dark grey wrapping.

I saw Dan's post on post #52 and either I got one of the old reborns in new packaging (weird), or the "originals" they have in stock are identical to the reborn as both boxes of mine are shaped identical to reborns.

I got the 2.4 - 2.6 clearos.

That would warrant a investigation for sure

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
It would be nice to see some pictures with a reborn and a classic side by side so we will know for sure.

Cant speak for the "reborn's" but here is a classic:

20130319_113136_zps606918be.jpg

PhoenixBC_2.jpg

20130319_114237_zpse83bc9f2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread