PHOENiX Bottom Coil Clearomizer - They are BACK JACK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippersnapper

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2012
The quality of your photo's always amaze me.
Is that the old original original, or the new original classic?
Can you show the view looking down from the base end?
The original original's had a hole and the reborns were sealed.

View attachment 189833

Mine are the original, original's...the bottom looks exactly like the one on your left with the air hole in center pin, on the 510 connection...

I have been sitting on 25 brand new, and another 20 or so, used but in good shape, for months now...
One day, I plan on rebuilding them. Notice how they have 9 wraps of Kanthal? They all come in around 2.4-2.5 ohm. At that ohm, they would need to be 28ga or there about, but the wire thickness don't look that way? Maybe they are using Nichrome?...

These little jewels have always fascinated me. The coil wrap defy's logic, yet they perform stellar..

Last edited:

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Mine are the original, original's...the bottom looks exactly like the one on your left with the air hole in center pin, on the 510 connection...

I have been sitting on 25 brand new, and another 20 or so, used but in good shape, for months now...
One day, I plan on rebuilding them. Notice how they have 9 wraps of Kanthal? They all com in around 2.0-2.1 ohm. At that ohm, they would need to be 28ga or there about, but the wire thickness don't look that way? Maybe they are using Nichrome?...

These little jewels have always fascinated me. The coil wrap defy's logic, yet they perform stellar..
I can't add much to the coil wrap topic it's a complete mystery to me, but these little buggers vape great and with a little care and occasional dry burn last me a long time.

I'm just curious about any differences (if any) between the original original's to the classics and an easy way to spot what's what.
These are my summertime pocket friendly go-to device, and I'm glad to see them back. They're the only things (vape related guys :) ) other than a carto that I feel comfortable sticking in my pants pocket.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
guys no phoenix gate please
they are cassic interior but adjsuted, the siize of them will match up with reborns not classics, daniel adjusted the wording, they are classic in deisgn and not the reborn internals so thy should work better and more like the classics. also the tube is newer and a better type of lastic that is less prone to white lines, niether are affected by juice but the old tube can get these white lines in them that the new tube doesnt. i got the pack in today and check to make sure

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
its kind of my fault becuase i told him classic becuase of the internals. and he also has 4 different types there with 4 different casings, there are more then 1 reborn version, so he assumed it was what he thought it was and now i straightened it out, these should perform better then the last reborns but im the one that went with the longer base, it provides the room they need in the casing to alleviate issues that the old classics had which was wires dislodging and dying out on people, the reborn casings do not have that issue and i had a choice of which casing to choose form and the one you see now is it

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
I haven't had any problems with any of them thankfully. I still have one of the originals that is still working. What I like the most about the newer ones is the sealed bottom.

I'm a tube squeezer especially when it's filled up. Sometimes the liquid will not feed as well when full. So the new tubes are nice.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
guys no phoenix gate please
they are cassic interior but adjsuted, the siize of them will match up with reborns not classics, daniel adjusted the wording, they are classic in deisgn and not the reborn internals so thy should work better and more like the classics. also the tube is newer and a better type of lastic that is less prone to white lines, niether are affected by juice but the old tube can get these white lines in them that the new tube doesnt. i got the pack in today and check to make sure
Thanks for trying to clear this up, but I'm more confused now than ever.

So from what I understand in your post, these new ones hold the same amount of juice as a reborn?
Does the base have a hole like the original, or is it sealed like the reborn?
Is there any easy way to distinguish these new ones from the reborns just by looking at them?

antfuzz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Delaware
Thanks for trying to clear this up, but I'm more confused now than ever.

So from what I understand in your post, these new ones hold the same amount of juice as a reborn?
Does the base have a hole like the original, or is it sealed like the reborn?
Is there any easy way to distinguish these new ones from the reborns just by looking at them?

The latest version does not hold the same amount as the original. The new ones hold about 1 mL of juice. The bottom connector is sealed, which is a good thing. The main difference I see is the coils sit up a little higher in the cup and the way the coil is wired is the same as the reborns which makes for a more secure connection. The other main difference is the tube, the new one is more clear. The original reborn was slightly cloudy and when squeezed it it would develop vertical white lines.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
The latest version does not hold the same amount as the original. The new ones hold about 1 mL of juice. The bottom connector is sealed, which is a good thing. The main difference I see is the coils sit up a little higher in the cup and the way the coil is wired is the same as the reborns which makes for a more secure connection. The other main difference is the tube, the new one is more clear. The original reborn was slightly cloudy and when squeezed it it would develop vertical white lines.
It sounds like this is a Reborn tweaked for improved performance and not reverting back to the original.

That's fine with me too. I had good results with the Reborn's, but if I had to choose I'd go with the original for the extra capacity. Either way, it's a fine clearo and well worth the $$, and if they made a great little clearo even better then it will get a big thumbs up from me. When the 808 version comes I'll jump on it.

Last edited:
My order placed on Sunday got here Wednesday...all the way to the Land of Wind and Ghosts.:2cool:

Work has been hectic, and I was letting some new 100% VG juices steep, so let them sit and look all purty on their own until today. I was excited to try these, and was hoping for an improvement over by experiences with the top coil Nanos I had been using. This was my first experience with the bottom coils, and fairly, I have not tried out the Nano bottom coils...yet.

Loading up the 100% VG...
I was loading up 100% VG juice in these babies, and the vendor of the juice was well known on this site for having VERY THICK 100% VG. I was a little worried I would have filling problems or at least some fiddling based on some things said in another post, and was happily impressed when I loaded up my first with NO PROBLEM. The draw out of the juice bottle was a bit slow, but it did pressurize with the included syringe and gauged needle in the kit. I kept it fully extended out and the pressurization kept in coming until fill point. Success.:toast:

No lie, I got my vape on quickly. Maybe 30 seconds after putting the drip tip on, I dropped the Phoenix on my 650mah Ego C to start. FULL FLAVOR and PULL on the first draw. Man oh man, did that really just happen? I was surprised because my experience was that I had to prime the pump so to speak with the top coil Nanos. Not with the 2.4-2.6 Phoenix's. Taste was phenomenal and the vapor production was all that I could ask for. To say I was surprised would be an understatement.

I'm rarely one to give big shout outs, but the Phoenix gets it from from me. Vapor production, flavor, and draw were great. The only thing I was disappointed in was trying to put the standard ego cone over them. VERY tight fit. So much so that I did work it over the Phoenix and got it screwed down with some TLC. When I went to take the cone off, I essentially "shaved" every so slightly the outer layer of the plastic off. Shaved as in a super thin thread of plastic as I rotated and pulled the cone off. Aesthetically the Phoenix was minimally marked up, but no less for wear. It was so slight that I thought about putting something on the outside of the Phoenix (Vaseline, dabbing of liquid soap etc (pinhead size) to make the cone work. It is that close. So, besides a marred up outer, I'm officially on the Phoenix wagon.

Thanks all you GotVapes crazies for turning me on to these things. I almost shed a tear for my Stardusts sitting in reserve, because they are likey to be sitting by there lonesome if the other Phoenixs I load up perform similarly. I also got a pack of the 808's to throw on my cig-a-likes. To say "I'll never carto again" would be an understatement.

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Phoenix BBC's aren't made by Vision... I think they are, correct me if I'm wrong... Betterlife??

I never had a wire dislodge either but... none of the originals worked well with the e-juice I was using... it was a NET but still an 80/20 PG/VG blend and it would dry hit like crazy from the git-go... even after thinning the wicks and anything else I could think of to try... for the whole pack. I was happy to hear they did a re-design and then started reading about others who previous didn't have problems start reporting them... I never purchased the re-borns because of my previous experiences and the later reports on the re-borns...

This was actually strike two for me and BCC's ... the first were the C8's which I tried 3 of ( 2 of it's original and 1 of a later batch )... until Kanger came in with the T3's... I thought it was me, my equip or e-juice that may have been the trouble ( and I mean more trouble that I alone normally make by myself :D )...

RichardV

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
The Golden Isles of Georgia, USA
I have been using a 60/40 mix in the originals for months. I do have an ocassional one that I have to pull the center tube up a slight fraction to get better wicking, and the ocassional drip on the battery post.
The one in use now is on it's 53rd day (185+ ml), when it goes I will use some of the classics I have to compare.

questionmark425

Jun 11, 2012
Colorado
I never had an issue with the original or the reborn, but I can tell no difference between the new phoenix and the reborn.

I have one of each in the packaging and I will post a pic of them side by side once I get home.

The tubing, center post, performance, and construction are identical to the naked eye.

I don't really have an issue as both revisions worked fine for me, and they are the only thing I have vaped out of for the better part of a year.

It was just a little misleading that the "original" has all of the properties of a reborn.

Either way I got my order fast and with great customer service as always, thanks guys!

magentaman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2012
Puyallup,Wa
www.bfbvapor.com
20130323_165304.jpg
Phoenix BC punched and tanked! Bad you were right!

fatcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2012
prospect heights, IL
I am actually not liking these very much at all. Out of one box, I've used 4, my wife 1. Two of the ones I've used are pretty good flavor/vapor production. The other two are almost tasteless when full, and as the level of fluid goes down the flavor increases, but still nowhere near the real originals. I was really expecting better consistency out of these with how much they were compared to the original. Granted, I think I only ever bought three boxes of the originals, but I never had a bad one, nor did I ever have to monkey with them in any way. They were just fill and vape, perfect vapor/flavor production. At this point I would rate these 3rd out of all of the variations including the Raven. Obviously the originals would be rated first, next would be the Raven, the neo-Reborn-Classic next, and lastly the Reborn.

fatcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2012
prospect heights, IL
Thanks Antfuzz. I do squeeze the tube, but it seems I have to do that after every few vapes to get good flavor. I'm using 80PG/20VG so I know it's not my liquid causing the problem. I also know that I can pull the center tube out from the base a little bit to help with wicking. I just never had to do any of that with the real originals. Therefore, to me, these neo-Classic-Reborn versions are an inferior product. So far only 1 out of the 4 I've used from my first pack performs like an original. That's either bad manufacturing or bad quality control, or both. I'm not trying to bash GotVapes in any way. I appreciate that they always try to improve their products. It's just frustrating when I found a device that was absolutely perfect for me, then has been "improved" twice and each time it doesn't perform nearly as well as the original. I am liking the Kanger T4 after some extended use. They're easy to fill, no need to monkey with it, and provides decent vapor/flavor. If only they were a little bit bigger. I'm really hoping the Kanger Pro Tank performs to my liking. If not I suppose I'll settle with the Raven for myself and the T4 for my wife.

fatcharlie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2012
prospect heights, IL
As much as it pains me to say this, I may have to move on from the Phoenix BC. On two of them from the first box I ordered I'm on my 2nd fill, about 1/3 of the way through the fill and I'm still having to squeeze the tube to avoid yucky tasting hits with a 70PG/30VG juice at ~6W. :(

These neo-Classic-Reborns are just not wicking very well at all. And it would seem I'm the only one who has bought these that is having any problems. :unsure:

Such is my luck with vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread