EXILEDinATL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2013
Macon, GA.
674b02d7db85986cf04d9872abb9b9ee.jpg

Man I'm glad I broke out the old Russian 91% I might hunt down a few more of them or try to find some old kayfun lites. Since I can't find a prime anywhere lol.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
on a Pixel 2 XL
off topic: Have you had any of the screen burn in issues? I have an orig pixel xl that I am still paying on but was considering upgrading to the v2 xl until I heard about those issues. Now I am waiting to hear if their recent update fixed or is preventing that issue.

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
off topic: Have you had any of the screen burn in issues? I have an orig pixel xl that I am still paying on but was considering upgrading to the v2 xl until I heard about those issues. Now I am waiting to hear if their recent update fixed or is preventing that issue.
No issues at all so far. You would need to leave the screen on for several hours at a time for this to occur and I'm sure the majority of these reports were from tech blogs looking for click bait headlines like with any release of a popular device. Google has added nav bar dimming to the preview build I'm currently running which eliminates any potential for burn in. The November 5 security patch for the 8.0 public release added boosted screen color options to address any complaints about blue tint and washed out displays.

I believe most of the color issues were from users who were used to the typical Samsung style super saturated AMOLED displays. These fixes should go in either the December security patch or for sure the 8.1 public release. Overall, it's been a fantastic device and I'm loving the excellent camera and front facing speakers. I'm still running my Pixel XL along with the 2 XL and there are some substantial improvements. Sorry so long winded, I just really like this phone.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Got a bit nostalgic today, probably because of the holiday, and decided to break out some of my old stuff. Once all quite expensive but now limited to (considerable) sentimental value & memories:

I'll have to call on @Katdarling to ensure accuracy of the carto tank, but I believe it's a Tigress (by Unique). The 45mm/XL glass is some cool electro-something-or-other-inlaid dragon, all sitting atop a Provari Dragon (v2.5) that has still never been fired with a topper on it.

The ring was from that really cool guy down in Hawaii, who used to sell a ton of stuff in the classies. I'm blanking out on his name, but he was always fantastic to deal with.

The original 35mm glass that came with the tank is a much better match so I dropped a pic of that down at the bottom, just to show the truly amazing artistry with which it was created. Every time I look at it, I "Wow" (< a verbified word).

I've always dug the the Dragon-on-Dragon thing, even though I intend to never use that mod to vape with. It's destined for a prime spot on my vape-museum (no-longer-in-use-stuff) shelf.

I just felt like posting something different tonight, as I don't really plan on getting any new stuff for a while (if ever).

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it today, and even to those who do not (now that I think about it).

20171123_192608.jpg

20171123_181807.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Got a bit nostalgic today, probably because of the holiday, and decided to break out some of my old stuff. Once all quite expensive but now limited to (considerable) sentimental value & memories:

I'll have to call on @Katdarling to ensure accuracy of the carto tank, but I believe it's a Tigress (by Unique). The 45mm/XL glass is some cool electro-something-or-other-inlaid dragon, all sitting atop a Provari Dragon (v2.5) that has still never been fired with a topper on it.

The ring was from that really cool guy down in Hawaii, who used to sell a ton of stuff in the classies. I'm blanking out on his name, but he was always fantastic to deal with.

The original 35mm glass that came with the tank is a much better match so I dropped a pic of that down at the bottom, just to show the truly amazing artistry with which it was created. Every time I look at it, I "Wow" (< a verbified word).

I've always dug the the Dragon-on-Dragon thing, even though I intend to never use that mod to vape with. It's destined for a prime spot on my vape-museum (no-longer-in-use-stuff) shelf.

I just felt like posting something different tonight, as I don't really plan on getting any new stuff for a while (if ever).

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate it today, and even to those who do not (now that I think about it).

View attachment 702305

View attachment 702307
Stunning. You tootler's have all the cool stuff. lol

EODPaul

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2017
Ottawa Ontario Canada
Maybe try a different browser? I'm running 8.1.0 developer preview on a Pixel 2 XL and haven't had any of those issues. Maybe sideload the latest release so you don't have to wait on an OTA. Might fix it.

On topic:

Gcm9pf2.png

How about a Govad on a Geekvape?
Nice job on the grip! Was it difficult to do? I've taken mine apart, but haven't peeled the "leather" off yet.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks, Letitia. Outside of gazing nostalgically though... (days gone by).
The only good thing I can say about my first tanks, mtl, is that not a single one broke when thrown across the room. The Nauti's can take abuse and survive (dammit). Hated those tanks.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The only good thing I can say about my first tanks, mtl, is that not a single one broke when thrown across the room. The Nauti's can take abuse and survive (dammit). Hated those tanks.

LMAO! I don't have any more Nautis but I still vape carto tanks (one's always running). I just snapped this.

Filled with a Dr. Pepper (renamed to Mr. Vigor now, for legal reasons) 18mg juice, even. I like variety. :)

20171123_202616.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
LMAO! I don't have any more Nautis but I still vape carto tanks (one's always running). I just snapped this.

Filled with a Dr. Pepper (renamed to Mr. Vigor now, for legal reasons) 18mg juice, even. I like variety. :)

View attachment 702319
Love my gear, but have to admit yours is prettier. Of course mine is much more handsome. :p

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
Nice job on the grip! Was it difficult to do? I've taken mine apart, but haven't peeled the "leather" off yet.
Actually, I bought it like that from a guy I found on Ebay who does custom work on mods. I got the cobra skin battery cover shown below and some cool inlays from him, too. His work has given me inspiration to mod a couple of my Therion BF doors, though. WIP for now but I'll put up pics when I get them figured out.

RI7cM7G.png

Tonight, I'm sampling a rather odd but interesting lime frosted cookie concoction. Not sure how I feel about it yet.

eYDeuiP.png

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Vader's vape. It's beginning
Custom John Beam Drop drip tip, all black Drop.

Will show all once black Pulse bottles come, and red battery cover. View attachment 701687
Just dont 'drop' it or it might get 'lost'[emoji6]

Sent from the future

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia

View attachment 702305

View attachment 702307

OH MY - HOW STUNNING.

Yes, DPL, that is indeed a Unique tank, from the artwork of a certain Brit (unique tanks,Carto tanks,cartomizer tank,), along with an electroformed glass (Bedazzled), and is freakin' gorgeous sitting on top of that "well used" Dragon! Mamma mia, boy .... wow'd me, big time here. :hubba:

Pictures tell a thousand (and 10%) words at times, and this would definATEly be one of those times. Well done and impressive to say the minimum!!

From afar in Havaii Land was Mr. @darkgear, who graciously sent that ring from the Aloha State.

NOICE. (and then some)

:rickroll:

Users who are viewing this thread