Mar 25, 2019
  • Deleted by Unforeseen

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I hate pods personally. To me they’re merely a rehash of the early days of proprietary cigalikes. Expensive, prone to breakdown, and lacking in quality.
So I’m going to suggest something that is as simple AS a pod, and about the same size, without, I understand, most of those problems:
Try an AIO. There are a bunch of them and some of them are as small as pods. Smaller even than larger pods, which can honestly get to be as big as full on APVs. I moved on to APVs myself long before pods even came out so I know them only by reputation. Afaik the reputation of these though seems to be decent.

One is the geekvape flint

Another is the innokin endura t18

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I've just heard too that Min's gone back to her old job... Min.jpg

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hello buddies! I'm a beginner of vaping, is there any recommendation for a pod system?
Thank you so much!

Since no one is offering suggestions, It depends on what is important to you.

Do you want something that is inexpensive and draw activated? Then you could try the Renova Zero pod.

Do you want something that is inexpensive buy has a bit more battery life? Then try the Smok Nord.

Or, if you prefer something that is small yet offers some of the features and quality of a full size mod, then you should try the GeekVape Flint.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
My two favorite systems at the moment, for 50mg nic salts and a solid MTL vape are the Aspire Nautilus AIO and the Vandy Vape Apollo (AP) kit. Either one gives you decent battery and juice capacity, on/off switch, button activated draw, and a nice tight cig-a-like draw. The mods are different, the Aspire is smaller and lighter in a pocket, and more of a true pod system where the VV mod is a rugged tank/mod AIO system.

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Since no one is offering suggestions, It depends on what is important to you.

Do you want something that is inexpensive and draw activated? Then you could try the Renova Zero pod.

Do you want something that is inexpensive buy has a bit more battery life? Then try the Smok Nord.

Or, if you prefer something that is small yet offers some of the features and quality of a full size mod, then you should try the GeekVape Flint.
I think most people were waiting for someone named jasmine who apparently knows about pods. I’ve tried two hoping that the new automatics worked as they should and a hands free device would be available. Both were fails for different reasons. The PEAS solved the unreliable automatic switch but it vapes weak and it has an unbelievably stupidly designed mouthpiece. The vladdin has better vapor and a mouthpiece that was functional to hold hands free but it did NOT solve the auto switch reliability issue. I see absolutely zero advantage to a button only pod over better made non proprietary systems, so FTM for me, I’m saying don’t get a pod at all. There is a reason cigalikes went the way of the dodo. They sucked. Pods are mostly just rehashing cigalikes but without the small and nonproprietary, both of which are losses.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I think most people were waiting for someone named jasmine who apparently knows about pods. I’ve tried two hoping that the new automatics worked as they should and a hands free device would be available. Both were fails for different reasons. The PEAS solved the unreliable automatic switch but it vapes weak and it has an unbelievably stupidly designed mouthpiece. The vladdin has better vapor and a mouthpiece that was functional to hold hands free but it did NOT solve the auto switch reliability issue. I see absolutely zero advantage to a button only pod over better made non proprietary systems, so FTM for me, I’m saying don’t get a pod at all. There is a reason cigalikes went the way of the dodo. They sucked. Pods are mostly just rehashing cigalikes but without the small and nonproprietary, both of which are losses.

You mean the Jasmine whose post in this thread was deleted by a moderator?

I don't think "Jasmine" has anything else to say in this thread, and the OP's request for assistance in picking out a pod mod has gone unanswered due to the distraction and joking.

As for your distaste of pods. Some people don't like them, some people are fine with them.

For a beginner set up, pods work fine. A beginner doesn't know what vaping using advanced gear tastes like or what the experience is like so they have little to be disappointed with in choosing a pod to fit their lifestyle.

I had my husband on a provari with a siren 2 RTA that I built myself, but his preference is the Renova Zero pod due to its smaller size and the draw activation, which works perfectly for him.

Not everyone in the world is identical, and there is a reason the largest seller on the market today are pod mods; for the majority they work well enough to get them off cigarettes and keep them off, and that is what the majority cares about.

I quit a 2 PAD habit on an ego with a CE4, and used it happily for well over a year and those were crap compared to pod devices today.

I don't see it as some sort of mission to get people into advanced gear rather, I think it's important to get people off cigarettes... and if someone wants to know about some good pods on the market I will certainly tell them what I know, and do my best to steer them in a direction which suits them best - not necessarily the direction which suits me..

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole

I don't think "Jasmine" has anything else to say in this thread, and the OP's request for assistance in picking out a pod mod has gone unanswered due to the distraction.

As for your distaste of pods. Some people don't like them, some people are fine with them.

For a beginner set up pods work fine. A beginner doesn't know what vaping using advanced gear tastes like or what the experience is like so they have little to be disappointed with in choosing a pod to fit their lifestyle.

I had my husband on a provari with a siren 2 RTA that I built myself, but his preference is the Renova Zero pod due to its smaller size and the draw activation, which works perfectly for him.

Not everyone in thr world is identical, and there is a reason the largest seller on the market today are pod mods, for a majority they work well enough to get them off cigarettes and keep them off, and that is all the majority cares about.

I quit a 2 PAD habit on an ego with a CE4, and used it happily for well over a year.. and those were crap compared to pod devices today.

I don't see it aa some sort of mission to get people into advanced gear, rather, I think it's important to get people off cigarettes... and if someone wants to know about some good pods on the market I will certainly tell them what I know, and do my best to steer them in a direction which suits them best, not necessarily the direction which suits me..
I think Jasmine1207 and Min1207 are working in tandem. The other posts of min1207 have been deleted.

• Useful
Reactions: Opinionated

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

I don't think "Jasmine" has anything else to say in this thread, and the OP's request for assistance in picking out a pod mod has gone unanswered due to the distraction and joking.

For a beginner set up, pods work fine. A beginner doesn't know what vaping using advanced gear tastes like or what the experience is like so they have little to be disappointed with in choosing a pod to fit their lifestyle.

Not everyone in the world is identical, and there is a reason the largest seller on the market today are pod mods; for the majority they work well enough to get them off cigarettes and keep them off, and that is what the majority cares about.

I quit a 2 PAD habit on an ego with a CE4, and used it happily for well over a year and those were crap compared to pod devices today.

I don't see it as some sort of mission to get people into advanced gear rather, I think it's important to get people off cigarettes... and if someone wants to know about some good pods on the market I will certainly tell them what I know, and do my best to steer them in a direction which suits them best - not necessarily the direction which suits me..
I don’t either. My worry is more that the gas station stuff won’t be good enough to work. I was recommending simple non VV one button AIOs. If I’d found a pod that actually worked well I’d have suggested it. The PEAs almost makes it. If they’d just make that pod end square so you could hold it in your teeth they’d have something. The vladdin is close too. They just need to work out the quality control problem with the pods and fix the design on the switch chamber so it doesn’t fill up with stuff and stop working.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I don’t either. My worry is more that the gas station stuff won’t be good enough to work. I was recommending simple non VV one button AIOs. If I’d found a pod that actually worked well I’d have suggested it. The PEAs almost makes it. If they’d just make that pod end square so you could hold it in your teeth they’d have something. The vladdin is close too. They just need to work out the quality control problem with the pods and fix the design on the switch chamber so it doesn’t fill up with stuff and stop working.

I in no way recommended "gas station stuff"

So your response to my post was uncalled for.

I recommended three things. One was a small battery and tank set by GeekVape, a reputable manufacturer, another an aio by Smok, but well reviewed, and another by Vaperesso, another reputable manufacturer.

All three can be adjusted slightly for wattage, all three refillable, and two I own and find no issues with recommending, and have several friends who own the third and are happy.

I don't make it a habit to recommend gas station crap.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread