Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
and so it starts :facepalm: the powers that be deem what we have available now out of existence but wait......we can now buy this great new innovation.....closed system pods :( and it starts all over again. Modifying to make them better has already started. Isn't that how we ended up with all the great things we already have. :lol::D

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
and so it starts :facepalm: the powers that be deem what we have available now out of existence but wait......we can now buy this great new innovation.....closed system pods :( and it starts all over again. Modifying to make them better has already started. Isn't that how we ended up with all the great things we already have. :lol::D
Maybe greater things will come of it, far surpassing what we have now. And we'd have the FDA to thank for it. ;)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Except the craftsmen and innovators and artisan mod builders will be excluded because of that little PMTA dealio...

We'll be stuck with plastic stuff that uses disposable plastic stuff and the litter and ecological impact are not even on the radar :(

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Except the craftsmen and innovators and artisan mod builders will be excluded because of that little PMTA dealio...

We'll be stuck with plastic stuff that uses disposable plastic stuff and the litter and ecological impact are not even on the radar :(
yep :( I tried to find something good about the way this is all going and that was the best I could come up with

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
yep :( I tried to find something good about the way this is all going and that was the best I could come up with
There really is no up side for me, my vape footprint is very small right now, I'm thinking I'll just keep it that way for the most part. These pod mods will fill a very small niche use for me personally.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
The hijack will be completed :(

this is exactly how the FDA regs are meant to play out ... expensive, replaceable, non-refillable and very taxable pods.

there will be multiple PMTAs submitted and approved for the pod devices.

Then the FDA will drop the hammer on nicotine base ... only available to the pod manufacturers.

open tank vaping using eLiquid is about to go Black Market within 2 years :blink:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
this is exactly how the FDA regs are meant to play out ... expensive, replaceable, non-refillable and very taxable pods.

Then the FDA will drop the hammer on nicotine base ... only available to the pod manufacturers.

open tank vaping using eLiquid is about to go Black Market within 2 years :blink:
I agree. Some folks will have to settle for the crumbs the FDA leaves in their wake. I am very glad I have stocked up on what works for me and I can only hope that these pod devices will help more folks put the smokes behind them. I am afraid that they will be at least as expensive as smokes so there goes some folks reason for switching :(

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

And folks sitting on piles of nico will probably go radio silence...

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I bought the Winsec MyJet to try, not here yet, has anyone used this? Can the coil be rebuilt? It looks like it can and I liked that the pod is refillable. Just curious about the pod mods so had to try one :)

I got the Cync coming tomorrow. Will be interested to hear about yours.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

Hell, most of these pod devices won't be approved. I swear I think the Juul was never meant to be a closed system. I have "open system" tanks that are more difficult to get into. There is no way it would be approved in its current state.

Reactions: bnrkwest

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
So what's the allure here? For travel? If it gets seized it's no big deal? I guess I can understand these being a step up from cigalikes for those coming in. Am I missing something here?
I can't speak for anyone but myself...

But as for me, it's just curiosity for the most part.
And the slight possibility that something interesting may come of it.

HazyShades

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2015
Sandbox, USSA
:smokie:
I bought the Winsec MyJet to try, not here yet, has anyone used this? Can the coil be rebuilt? It looks like it can and I liked that the pod is refillable. Just curious about the pod mods so had to try one :)
OMG.
These are like the Keurig K-Cups of Vaping. :facepalm:

Curiosity killed Liberty's Cat.
:lol::lol::lol: :smokie:

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
How interesting. I hadn't even heard of pod mods until this week. Went into the local vape shop for the first time in almost 2 years. The people working there reacted to my gear like it was ancient vaping artifacts :lol:.... Thought maybe it was time to get back on the forum and see what is new.
These pods are kind cool. It's sad to think that any type of upgrade in the manufacturing of pods won't be available in the U.S.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Hell, most of these pod devices won't be approved. I swear I think the Juul was never meant to be a closed system. I have "open system" tanks that are more difficult to get into. There is no way it would be approved in its current state.
I agree.

Perhaps these are a bridge to the future closed systems, getting new and existing vapers accustomed to the form factor for a while before releasing "new" sealed pods by mid 2018. The majority of the established base will just keep buying them.

The shakeout should be interesting.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
I agree.

Perhaps these are a bridge to the future closed systems, getting new and existing vapers accustomed to the form factor for a while before releasing "new" sealed pods by mid 2018. The majority of the established base will just keep buying them.

The shakeout should be interesting.

But they can't release any new products without jumping through the PMTA hoop. I don't see PMTA aproval as a slam dunk even for any of these devices, sealed or not.

Reactions: DC2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread