Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
Okay, I read this whole thread but I'm more confused than ever. Does anyone feel like recommending a pod or low power AIO system for me? I'm currently using Mr. Salt E juice on the Eleaf Icare Solo and it's burning my mouth and throat by popping juice out nonstop. I was looking at the Juul but I know it's not a great value so maybe people here can help?

What I care about:
  • Nic salts (my Mr. Salt E juice or prefilled pods)
  • NO LEAKING OR SPITTING!!!
  • Preferably cheap or at least a decent value?
  • Easy to just use (no tools to refill. dealbreaker.)
  • Don't have to vape all the non-salts juice to refill with salts
  • Pretty much just works without a lot of fuss
What I don't give a flying goat about (lol):
  • Rebuilding any part of it
  • Battery life
  • Form factor
  • Tank capacity
  • Charging method
  • Pod vs. AIO setup
Any thoughts?

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Nic salts (my Mr. Salt E juice or prefilled pods)
No idea? As this is a standard tank and I'm not familiar with salts. Perhaps someone here could comment?
NO LEAKING OR SPITTING!!!
Check!
Preferably cheap or at least a decent value?
Check! Can't beat $11.99 for everything ya need from drip tip to wall wart! YES!!! An actual wall wart included.
Easy to just use (no tools to refill. dealbreaker.)
Check!
Don't have to vape all the non-salts juice to refill with salts
Check! Comes with empty tank.
Pretty much just works without a lot of fuss
Check! Good adjustable airflow and MTL 1ohm or DL .5ohm coils both available.

Rebuilding any part of it
Check! The best performing replacement coils for this ARE designed to be rewickable and rebuildable. BUT at less than $10 for 5pk many users just toss 'em

Battery life
I'm happy with it. 2300mah. Will last thru a full 4ML tank and then some. I have 4 of these in rotation. When 1 goes empty I just plug it in and grab the next one. Actually bought these just to get the tanks (my fave) not expecting to use the batts. But they perform so well that I've parked my other mods to use these.

• Tank capacity
  • Charging method
  • Pod vs. AIO setup
This being the PodMod thread I wouldn't have suggested this until I saw these.

Now for the hard part. Do you have the patience for 4-5 week ship time from china?
Joyetech eGo ONE VT Full Kit-2300mAh

Here's a thread devoted to the tank and coils. Probably someone there could address your nic salts question if you have any interest in the kit.

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
Thank you, @Foggy Road ! I think with nic salts it just needs to be kind of low powered. I know sub ohm is NOT recommended for the nic salts so I've been looking at pod mods, but I really don't have a strong preference. I'm not great with math so I'm not sure about this one, but maybe I'll ask in the thread!

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Thank you, @Foggy Road ! I think with nic salts it just needs to be kind of low powered. I know sub ohm is NOT recommended for the nic salts so I've been looking at pod mods, but I really don't have a strong preference. I'm not great with math so I'm not sure about this one, but maybe I'll ask in the thread!
Here's a chart on the power output for those batteries. Might be helpful?

Screenshot_2017-04-15-13-56-28.png

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Thank you!!! Now I have to figure out what the pod mods are...
Anything using the Eleaf Icare IC 1.1 coils like the solo is going to be a disaster, those coils have no air flow through them so they spit and pop the juice as you vape. For pod mods I like the Myjet, I have 3. Don't chain vape with high vg or you can get dry hits. They have a tight draw and automatically provide vapor on the slightest draw. The empty pods are expensive so search for sales and the best price (check the Myjet thread). Mr Salt-e works in them. I also want to try the ego one VT with the CLR coils one day, mAny people like those.

Reactions: Foggy Road

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
Anything using the Eleaf Icare IC 1.1 coils like the solo is going to be a disaster, those coils have no air flow through them so they spit and pop the juice as you vape. For pod mods I like the Myjet, I have 3. Don't chain vape with high vg or you can get dry hits. They have a tight draw and automatically provide vapor on the slightest draw. Mr Salt-e works in them. I also want to try the ego one VT with the CLR coils one day, mAny people like those.
Yeah, I'm seriously looking at them. Also the Limitless Pulse. Any experience with those from anyone? (I already searched the forum, but there's not much input yet.)

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
No idea? As this is a standard tank and I'm not familiar with salts. Perhaps someone here could comment?

Check!

Check! Can't beat $11.99 for everything ya need from drip tip to wall wart! YES!!! An actual wall wart included.

Check!

Check! Comes with empty tank.

Check! Good adjustable airflow and MTL 1ohm or DL .5ohm coils both available.

Check! The best performing replacement coils for this ARE designed to be rewickable and rebuildable. BUT at less than $10 for 5pk many users just toss 'em

I'm happy with it. 2300mah. Will last thru a full 4ML tank and then some. I have 4 of these in rotation. When 1 goes empty I just plug it in and grab the next one. Actually bought these just to get the tanks (my fave) not expecting to use the batts. But they perform so well that I've parked my other mods to use these.

This being the PodMod thread I wouldn't have suggested this until I saw these.

Now for the hard part. Do you have the patience for 4-5 week ship time from china?
Joyetech eGo ONE VT Full Kit-2300mAh

Here's a thread devoted to the tank and coils. Probably someone there could address your nic salts question if you have any interest in the kit.

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil
Hey Foggy have you ever Vaped using aspire Nautilus 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coils in a Nautilus Mini, Triton Mini or kabuki? If so how would you compare flavor and draw (airy or adjustable to tight) to the VT with cLR coils?

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Anything using the Eleaf Icare IC 1.1 coils like the solo is going to be a disaster, those coils have no air flow through them so they spit and pop the juice as you vape. For pod mods I like the Myjet, I have 3. Don't chain vape with high vg or you can get dry hits. They have a tight draw and automatically provide vapor on the slightest draw. The empty pods are expensive so search for sales and the best price (check the Myjet thread). Mr Salt-e works in them. I also want to try the ego one VT with the CLR coils one day, mAny people like those.
Well now's the time with that $12 clearance sale!!
Website showed only 138,000 in stock! Better hurry! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Reactions: David Wolf

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Hey Foggy have you ever Vaped using aspire Nautilus 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coils in a Nautilus Mini, Triton Mini or kabuki? If so how would you compare flavor and draw (airy or adjustable to tight) to the VT with cLR coils?
Lol! No if it cost more than 5 bucks I havent experienced it!!!!

Seriously.. I did use the non naughty BVCs in something eons ago (like 16 mo ago). Aspire BDC I think. Best I can tell ya is I have 8 of the tanks and every one seals up tight as a drum with the AFC closed. I don't see why they couldn't be whatever ya want them to be. I'm sure you'd get a better answer from the tootle puffers in that eGo ONE thread that I linked earlier. I'm honkin 'em with the big air center pin and AFC half open at .7. My tootle days are a distant memory.

Note: The CLRs come in 2 versions 1.0 for MTL with tiny air hole in the positive pin and .5 DL with big air center pin.

Last edited:

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
I grabbed the Myjet for $22. I'm a little surprised/nervous that it's 20 watts compared to the Eleaf Solo's 15. The Pulse's 8w seemed ideal. But people seem to love the MyJet on here, so maybe I will too. :) At this point I could have just grabbed a Juul, but I know long term I'll be better off with the cost saving. Probably. I only smoke a pack every week or two (when I feel a seizure coming on usually) so I don't know that I'd need the Juul very often! So far the nic salts do help though, so either way.

Update: Pulled the trigger on the Joyetech Ego One VT as well! I don't mind waiting a while for it to come in. I have other things to play with. And if they don't work and I use analogues for a bit, I'll be glad to have something to look forward to after a frustration-induced break.

Last edited:

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Where did you see the Myjet listed at 20W? I've seen it listed at 12 and 15 W. unless they've changed it it's an unregulated mod with a 1.3 ohm coil and it's going to run no higher than around 12W at 4v and down to as low as 8w as the battery discharges. Smart move picking up the VT and hope you got some CLR coils people recommend, let me know how you like it that ones on my buy list!

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I grabbed the Myjet for $22. I'm a little surprised/nervous that it's 20 watts compared to the Eleaf Solo's 15. The Pulse's 8w seemed ideal. But people seem to love the MyJet on here, so maybe I will too. :) At this point I could have just grabbed a Juul, but I know long term I'll be better off with the cost saving. Probably. I only smoke a pack every week or two (when I feel a seizure coming on usually) so I don't know that I'd need the Juul very often! So far the nic salts do help though, so either way.

Update: Pulled the trigger on the Joyetech Ego One VT as well! I don't mind waiting a while for it to come in. I have other things to play with. And if they don't work and I use analogues for a bit, I'll be glad to have something to look forward to after a frustration-induced break.

Since you took the leap here are the 1.0 ohm CLR coils. I assume you'll want the tootle puffer version. They don't come with any of the kits and must be ordered separately. Everyone says they are the best of the CL coils for both flavor and vapor.

$7.70 Free Shipping Authentic Joyetech eGo ONE CLR Coil Head (5-Pack) (eGo ONE CLR, 1ohm, 5-Pack) at m.FastTech.com

stillalive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
USA
Since you took the leap here are the 1.0 ohm CLR coils. I assume you'll want the tootle puffer version. They don't come with any of the kits and must be ordered separately. Everyone says they are the best of the CL coils for both flavor and vapor.

$7.70 Free Shipping Authentic Joyetech eGo ONE CLR Coil Head (5-Pack) (eGo ONE CLR, 1ohm, 5-Pack) at m.FastTech.com
Those are exactly the coils I grabbed, and from exactly that site! Yay! Glad I picked the right ones!

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Heads up, CSVape is having a 40% off sale site wide, including pod mods Myjet, Von Erl, Phix, and Bo One! Regular prices aren't the best, but with this sale they are excellent, and free shipping.
Discount code is CSV4, code courtesy of Danus and that big banner on the front page, lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread