Post Pics Your Beautiful Vamos for All to Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

nailPuppy

Jan 2, 2012
Utah, USA
tyHBs8Y.jpg

Installed the vamo kit I ordered awhile back after reading about it and seeing the video.

Really liking the Vamo kit so far. The opening is just wide enough for an evod. Sadly it won't work with ego threaded devices as large as the MT3S anymore, and I can't fit my phiniac tank on there now since the battery endcap is in the way. Protank/Puritank/Tatroe fit just fine. For "stealth vaping" it fits nicely in the palm of my hand and the button placement isn't bad at all. I just hit it with my ring or middle finger instead of my thumb now.

I like the style of this kit from the Czech Republic more than the ones available from Simply Mods Creations. The aluminium is nicely machined and the titanium posts fit exactly how they should. The posts screw into the bottom plate so you don't get gaps/holes like some of those other vamo s kits, and at the top it uses counter-sunk allen head screws instead of acorn nuts that stick up. For the power to transfer from one side to the other it came with a little plasticy disc that has a brass stud and a wire. Solder the wire onto the vamo side and you're done. The only thing I messed up with really was I got a little overzealous while sawing and dinged the finish in a few spots, probably could have prevented that by wrapping the tube with some masking tape before getting started.

Last edited:

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Just realized you could do this (thanks whoever posted it in that thread) in 18350 mode. Put on the Protank/Protank ring, take the extra tube and screw it where the beveled top cap was then install the top cap. It perfectly covers the pyrex on the PT and actually looks pretty slick.

IMG_1381.jpg

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Just realized you could do this (thanks whoever posted it in that thread) in 18350 mode. Put on the Protank/Protank ring, take the extra tube and screw it where the beveled top cap was then install the top cap. It perfectly covers the pyrex on the PT and actually looks pretty slick.

View attachment 239334

That is slick! Vamo's are amazing. I discovered the extension on my blk chrome Vamo fits my Sigelei Zmax mini perfectly and allows me to use 18650's in it. Now I need to find another Vamo extension tube.

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA

View attachment 239334

Deniz posted about it in my Hard Shell Case thread. I can't get my top ring to fit over my Protank. I have an SS Zv3 and Kanger Protank. Odd.

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Deniz posted about it in my Hard Shell Case thread. I can't get my top ring to fit over my Protank. I have an SS Zv3 and Kanger Protank. Odd.

Is yours a true PT 1? ie it has no down-stem support and the very large tip hole? or is it the 1.5 version with the stem support and smaller tip hole?

I ask because i have no problem with the PT 1, but the PT 1.5(not PT2) is 1/8th of a mm too large at the base, so can't do this configuration.

Last edited:

JR 137

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Albany, NY, USA
I got it from FastTech a few weeks ago; not sure which one it is. What is the stem support? Is that the metal inside that goes from the stem to the threads? If so, that's what I've got. My ring almost goes over the Protank, but not quite. I might be able to force it and scratch the hell out of everything, but it's not worth it.

SilverZero

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
Illinois, USA
I got it from FastTech a few weeks ago; not sure which one it is. What is the stem support? Is that the metal inside that goes from the stem to the threads? If so, that's what I've got. My ring almost goes over the Protank, but not quite. I might be able to force it and scratch the hell out of everything, but it's not worth it.

The ring on my V3 doesn't fit over my Protank either.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
Here's mine taken with a very poor cell phone. This was a wrap I made as an experiment. I plan on getting some good vinyl to make the real one. Once I get the good one made I'll get a good pic of it with my camera.
View attachment 264131

Where did you find Saints vinyl? I would LOVE to have a Saints wrap on my Vamo!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread