Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
You should experience the power and smoothness of OKR-T/6 mods - 600kHz modulation frequency. That's almost 800 times faster than Provari. For all intents and purposes, smooth as a mech.
and just as unobtainable. My understanding is that there were only 60 Denali's made. Sure you can buy yourself an OKR-T/6 chip and make your own mod if you are inclined. The same can be said for the DNA20 mods. I'm kind of surprised that no one seems to have taken either of these chips and re-rigged a Vamo to run off of them. I'm not surprised that someone hasn't done the same with the ProVari. (I'm sure one or two examples exist though...it is, after all, the internet.)

GrimmTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
West Virginia
What's funny is a thread started to prove the superiority of a $200 American made device over a much cheaper Chinese made product.
Newsflash: Vamo owners know the Provari is a superior product. It should be for the price and quality manufacturing.

Whats even funnier is you assumed I started this thread just to prove superiority. Here is what happened. I was on my second Vamo, and it was starting to get flaky. Would only fire above the battery voltage if I pressed the button a few times. I went looking for a good solid mod. Something reliable. Provari has that reputation. I bought one. What I expected was to get a mod that went smoke every time I pushed the button, and it does. What I didn't expect was to get a smoother vape. This confused me. I did some reading and found out about the pulse frequency. Now I had my reason, but I wanted to see it. What surprised me the most is that when using 3v, its actually 6v every time it fires, not 3. SO... the reason I posted this thread was to show my findings. NOT to bash the Vamo, not to put the provari on a pedistal. I wanted to show what the difference was. If I had been able to find some one else's thread with this info, I wouldn't have posted to share.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
You right bro, it only costs 160, plus batteries, plus a charger, plus some kind of juice delivery. Prob about $220ish, I guess you could get the kit for $211, unless you just wanted a battery case to look at.

most people already have that stuff in their stockpile as it is,that and you can get most of that stuff cheaper elsewhere

including the provari,go the blem section and they are 140.00

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
most people already have that stuff in their stockpile as it is,that and you can get most of that stuff cheaper elsewhere

including the provari,go the blem section and they are 140.00

140 in the blemished section plus you can get the batteries and the charger for MUCH cheaper at RTDVapor.com.

I still dont understand why some people make such a big deal over 200 bucks.....I spent more than that on cigarettes in a months time. Look at the quit smoking banner below my post, the Provari has paid for itself several times over at this point. If I had chosen a cheaper and much less reliable mod I would likely be sucking on a cancer stick instead of looking forward to 8 months completely cigarette free.

Last edited:

Day

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Eh, most people getting into vaping don't already have a stock pile of batteries and chargers and tanks and junk, I think that's being a little obtuse. Sure maybe if you been vaping a while, but "most people" haven't been vaping long or at all.

If you can't understand why someone doesn't want to drop 200 at once, idk what to say. Did you ever buy 200 dollars worth of cancer sticks all at once when you were smoking?

If I bought a provari instead of this itaste mvp I'd just have 100 less dollars saved. so... dunno how that logic works. I could break 2 and still be ahead of you on $$ saved lol.

Whats the hz on MVP by the way anyone know? I don't hear any rattlesnakes.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Eh, most people getting into vaping don't already have a stock pile of batteries and chargers and tanks and junk, I think that's being a little obtuse. Sure maybe if you been vaping a while, but "most people" haven't been vaping long or at all.

If you can't understand why someone doesn't want to drop 200 at once, idk what to say. Did you ever buy 200 dollars worth of cancer sticks all at once when you were smoking?

If I bought a provari instead of this itaste mvp I'd just have 100 less dollars saved. so... dunno how that logic works. I could break 2 and still be ahead of you on $$ saved lol.

Whats the hz on MVP by the way anyone know? I don't hear any rattlesnakes.

To answer your questions, I frequently bought multiple cartons of cigarettes to save money....45 bucks a carton at 4 cartons a month equals the price of a Provari.

The flaw in your logic is obvious to anyone whos been vaping for awhile/in it for the long run. You might be able to buy and break 2 Itaste MVPs and spend less money than you would for a Provari but your option either leaves you without a functioning PV or forced to use a less satisfying backup.Both of which make it easier to grab a cancer stick instead.

I dunno about you but if a doctor gave me two options to treat a life threatening disease with the cheaper option being less effective and the more expensive being pretty much a "sure thing" I'd opt for the more expensive option every time.

The funny thing here is that cheaper, disposable products are a lie. They "seem" cheaper in the short run but end up costing more over the course of a couple of years than buying one great PV that just works.

Reos, Silver Bullets, and a lot of mechanicals fall into this category as well.

Last edited:

Day

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Raleigh, NC
To answer your questions, I frequently bought multiple cartons of cigarettes to save money....45 bucks a carton at 4 cartons a month equals the price of a Provari.

The flaw in your logic is obvious to anyone whos been vaping for awhile/in it for the long run. You might be able to buy and break 2 Itaste MVPs and spend less money than you would for a Provari but your option either leaves you without a functioning PV or forced to use a less satisfying backup.Both of which make it easier to grab a cancer stick instead.

I dunno about you but if a doctor gave me two options to treat a life threatening disease with the cheaper option being less effective and the more expensive being a "sure thing" Id opt for the more expensive option every time.

I've actually been vaping longer than you I'm pretty sure, judging from your sig if you want to play that "you're a noob with noob logic card" (I stand corrected by your join date; however I have been off cigs longer)

Yeah you bought cartons, you didn't buy 4 at once though? You did spend about the amount of a VAMO or MVP though, weird.

Had no probs with the MVP thus far, if I do I'll just reach in my magic stockpile of batteries and chargers and whip something up. Please continue to act like your provari could never ever possibly break or get stolen though, that's kind of cute.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
The provari can be repaired a couple times for far under the price of a new Vamo.
The Vamo can't be repaired at all, for most people, because no one repairs vamos.

Man, I feel like that post where he says "I can buy 2 MVP's and still be under the cost of one provari lol"
was a direct copy of the posts I used to make making fun of the Provari when I was 1-2 years into vaping.
But now I have a provari. :p Very happy with its durability, ruggedness, and performance.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
The great thing is we live in America and have the freedom of choice and multitude of options to buy whatever we want.

I don't believe a better built mod then a Provari exists. I do believe there are mods out that can outperform it, not many mods hold their value moreso then a Provari.

In the end, if you're happy with your choices and you aren't back on cigs its all good.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Given a choice between being cheap and being cigarette free, I choose to be cigarette free.

Ive never been cheap and consequently Ive found that buying quality non-disposable products gives me more disposable income than I would ever have if I bought 10 dollar microwaves from Big Lots, 5 dollar pants from Wal-Mart or cars with names like Yugo or Pinto.

If you want a deal check the classifieds for second hand but remember quality first, price second.

Day

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I personally don't think innokin makes "cheap" products. Not expensive perhaps, but I'd hardly call this cheap/disposable.

I buy nice things too. I spend a lot of money on quality guitars/basses. I get it, trust me. I also know that a made in japan Fender is damn close to a MIA Fender, for about half the money.

I'm not faulting any provari owner obviously, it's your money, rock it out. It's not the only mod though; and just because someone uses something less expensive doesn't mean it's destined to fail or that if it does fail they will start smoking cigarettes again. I think that's stretching the power of your provari just a little don't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread