Provari V3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
Well, if you can't TASTE a difference, then what do you care what the power is? That's like saying you want to buy a meter to see how salty your food is, when you can simply shove a bite in your mouth and add more salt.

I'm still not seeing the purpose of VW. Anyway, just yesterday the inventor of the DNA20 chip (or the guy who sells them, not sure) was on this forum defending his product, and he did say that they were working on a newer version. It would be nice to have another American made box device and the DNA20 I've seen are very very cute (and colorful).

So you should get one of those if you love the VW so much. But from the sheer number of people here (ALL of whom have more batteries than just Provari) telling you how amazing the Provari is, maybe you owe it to yourself to find out what you are missing?

If I could buy a meter that tells me the exact salt content of my eggs, and I knew exactly how salty I liked my eggs, I would use it every time I made eggs. That would save me the trouble of shoving a bite in my mouth with an unknown salt content and then adding more salt as I went which would cause me to waste an untold number of bites of eggs before I got them to the salt level that I prefer. The meter would allow me to set the output of my product as opposed to the input, which in turn would eliminate the need to tinker with my salt shaker every time I made eggs.

Impulso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Rocklin, ca
I'm glad you asked. VW allows the user to control the POWER output of their device, regardless of what resistance the coil may be. This allows the user to find a wattage setting that works good for them no matter which coil they may put on their device. Obviously, this makes for a more convenient setup as the user is then able to control the OUTPUT of their device as opposed to the INPUT. I'm not surprised that people find VW devices to be worse than the Provari (in fact I expect it!). After all, Provari makes an extremely high quality product whereas most VW devices are produced in China to a lower quality standard. This does NOT however take anything away from the fact that VW is inherently more convenient than VV. This is also why I would love for Provari to make a VW device- I know they would do it right.

I get what you are saying, and even though I bought one, it doesn't take anything way from your question. The unfortunate fact is that the op will likely not buy a provari because it doesn't have VW. Am sure there are plenty of others too. It makes sense for provape, as a company, try to capture the biggest market possible.

I'm sure at some point they will , together with an increased amp limit. No one knows other than provape on when that will occur. Did you get chance to read my comment about voltage regulation above? That makes the provari worth it to ME.

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
The last thread like this is HERE

Adding to my wishlist for V3:
- VW
- Shorter (I think the ZNA is going the right direction)
- Type III HA, Type II for colors
- IP67 or at least IPX-8 Waterproofing
- Clicky button
- Integrated AFC in top cap
- Display closer to the window so it's viewable at angles
- Purple LED for Ocelot
- fingerprint scanner, A7 chip w/ 64-bit architecture, M7 coprocessor, 200MP iSight Camera, available in Silver gold and gray..oh wait

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I do not understand the need of Provari owners to justify the lack of VW (other than the fact that you dropped something like $200 and have developed a downright defensive brand loyalty). I understand that it works fine without VW, but the fact that people actually seem to PRAISE the fact that it lacks this simple feature completely baffles me. Variable wattage is simply more convenient than variable voltage. I build my own coils, and I like to know that I can simply set the wattage and know that it will give me the same performance as the last coil I built which may have been 0.2 Oms higher or lower. Without it, I have to know the resistance and calculate in my head what voltage setting should be "about right" and I have to do that every time I put a new coil on. I'm not saying that this would be horrible, just less convenient. I don't see how you can deny that fact. I'm definitely bumping this topic when Provape releases a new Provari with VW capabilities...

I was wondering how long it would take before this was said. I don't get why non-ProVari owners always feel the need to tell actual ProVari owners we need to justify the $200 price tag in some fashion. We get asked questions in which our responses are merely based off a personal experience yet that's never good enough.

You claim you want a ProVari but only if it has VW which is doesn't so in essence you are justifying why you won't spend $200.

I'm curious because I don't think I came across it- what are you vaping on now?

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
The last thread like this is HERE

Adding to my wishlist for V3:
- VW
- Shorter (I think the ZNA is going the right direction)
- Type III HA, Type II for colors
- IP67 or at least IPX-8 Waterproofing
- Clicky button
- Integrated AFC in top cap
- Display closer to the window so it's viewable at angles
- Purple LED for Ocelot
- fingerprint scanner, A7 chip w/ 64-bit architecture, M7 coprocessor, 200MP iSight Camera, available in Silver gold and gray..oh wait

Yes! Fingerprint scanner like the 5S!!

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
I was wondering how long it would take before this was said. I don't get why non-ProVari owners always feel the need to tell actual ProVari owners we need to justify the $200 price tag in some fashion. We get asked questions in which our responses are merely based off a personal experience yet that's never good enough.

You claim you want a ProVari but only if it has VW which is doesn't so in essence you are justifying why you won't spend $200.

I'm curious because I don't think I came across it- what are you vaping on now?

I never asked anyone to justify the fact that they spent $200 on a power supply, and as I said in my FIRST post I am considering buying a Provari myself. The only reason I pointed out the price was because I have gotten so many negative responses and even had my vaping knowledge called into question so I was trying to determine why this was happening. Just for MENTIONING VW and Provari in the same sentence. I never said I wouldn't pay $200 for a Provari, IN FACT I WANT TO! I never said I only want one if it has VW. I just wanted to make sure that a new version with VW wasn't going to be released in the near future. If I would have known that I was playing with fire, I wouldn't have started the thread to begin with. I'm sure you asked what I was vaping on for the purpose of attempting to discredit me in some way, so I'll take the high road and avoid that question altogether.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
One more question for current Provari owners: Would you feel alienated and/or MAD by the release of a new, more fully featured Provari? Because if I had spent that kind of money and a better version of released, I would be fuming! That's what I'm trying to avoid. Why do you feel an update isn't necessary and won't happen any time soon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
As an owner of a V1 ProVari, I couldn't be happier with it. Once I buy another ProVari (a mini this time), I'll send in the old one for a well deserved V2 upgrade.

Personally, I prefer the look of the V1/V2 ProVari to the V2.5, but that is my opinion. If (when) they come out with a V3, I hope they copy the Mini's design for the full size- or better yet, design a tube extension to turn a mini into a full size without having to use expandable/multiple extensions. This would mean more to me than VW.

Edit: to address your other questions, ProVape won't change a design that obviously sells well unless:
1. The market forces them too. (Not happening)
2. They think customer demand is great enough (possible)
or 3. They feel like it.
As for why it wouldn't happen soon... do you have any clue as to how many threads just like this one are kicking around in this forum?

Edit 2: ProVape offers an affordable upgrade path for older models, so it is not uncommon to see V1 ProVari's that have been sent in for a V2 and/or an LED color change upgrade. I expect to see the same for a V3 upgrade. :D

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I never asked anyone to justify the fact that they spent $200 on a power supply, and as I said in my FIRST post I am considering buying a Provari myself. The only reason I pointed out the price was because I have gotten so many negative responses and even had my vaping knowledge called into question so I was trying to determine why this was happening. Just for MENTIONING VW and Provari in the same sentence. I never said I wouldn't pay $200 for a Provari, IN FACT I WANT TO! I never said I only want one if it has VW. I just wanted to make sure that a new version with VW wasn't going to be released in the near future. If I would have known that I was playing with fire, I wouldn't have started the thread to begin with. I'm sure you asked what I was vaping on for the purpose of attempting to discredit me in some way, so I'll take the high road and avoid that question altogether.

Discredit you? For asking what your current PV is.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
See, the whole VV VW thing comes up because folks say that's WHY the ProVari is outdated.
But I've used VW, and then I got a ProVari, and despite your logical statements (about the eggs, and whatnot), I don't miss VW AT ALL.
Because in real life, I know approximately what voltage OR what power setting is gonna be close, and I then tweak it a little "to taste" (variables can include the juice, the coil's resistance and gunkiness, the time of day, my mood, etc).

In real life, I screw on a topper, then adjust a little up or a little down or leave it alone - whether it's VV or VW. And VV has finer control.

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
I clearly said "I'm curious because I don't think I came across it- what are you vaping on now?"

Sorry asking you a simple question offended you.

I was more concerned about the fact that every single thing you said in your post in regards to me prior to asking that question was wildly inaccurate and did not reflect my actual words. But I digress, I've gotten the information that I wanted to get from this thread so I'll be leaving it now in the hopes of avoiding further misunderstandings of this nature.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I was more concerned about the fact that every single thing you said in your post in regards to me prior to asking that question was wildly inaccurate and did not reflect my actual words. But I digress, I've gotten the information that I wanted to get from this thread so I'll be leaving it now in the hopes of avoiding further misunderstandings of this nature.

Take care!!

I have 3 identical tanks all running 1.8ohm coils, that I build, with different juices that I run at different voltages to suit my taste. How does VW help me?

Sometimes the 1 button setup annoys me, but then I just sit back and look at how clean and simple this thing looks. It's a rock solid device that works and works well.

I can't wait for a v3 but all I want to change is being able to fire lower ohms at higher voltage and to be able to use 3 battery sizes with 1 device that looks like stock.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread