Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Yeah. It's actually more than just black. It's supposedly got a "unique triple coated matte black finish" and the light is reduced by 50%. The firing button is black too. You can still get the regular black one from Provape at their regular prices.

So it's $100 more black?

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Yeah. It's actually more than just black. It's supposedly got a "unique triple coated matte black finish" and the light is reduced by 50%. The firing button is black too. You can still get the regular black one from Provape at their regular prices.

I just think it's a funny $80-$100 upgrade.

I am aware of provape's pricing on their site...they have plenty of my money.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'll pay $25 more if it had the 18650 extension cap included, a battery included, had vent grooves on the top cap and had VW. otherwise I'll keep my $25 and go with the D20S.

I was almost convinced it was worth it to get a provari in their current state, but then common sense prevailed. Maybe the 3rd version might be but the 2.5 just doesn't cut it for the price plus the added cost of extension caps, batteries, and inconvenience of no VW

You make some good points, so get something else. Please get something else.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I'm so over the whole pricing argument. Before I switched to vaping I was paying just under $70/carton for my smokes, which would last me about a week. That's round about $280/month. So for what I paid for ONE MONTH of smoking, I could get a Provari AND a high end RBA that will last me YEARS. So don't tell ME they are too expensive. Yeah, there's cheaper mods. And that's what they are. Cheaper. Cheaper build quality, cheaper electronics, b/s warranty (if any). Go buy what you want, but don't ..... to me about how expensive a Provari is. The third time or fourth time you've had to replace your Vamo or Zmax because it fell off your lap getting out of the car, you'll come around. The DNA20's certainly have their place, and if you want one good for you. That doesn't mean my 'vari isn't worth every penny.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I'm so over the whole pricing argument. Before I switched to vaping I was paying just under $70/carton for my smokes, which would last me about a week. That's round about $280/month. So for what I paid for ONE MONTH of smoking, I could get a Provari AND a high end RBA that will last me YEARS. So don't tell ME they are too expensive. Yeah, there's cheaper mods. And that's what they are. Cheaper. Cheaper build quality, cheaper electronics, b/s warranty (if any). Go buy what you want, but don't ..... to me about how expensive a Provari is. The third time or fourth time you've had to replace your Vamo or Zmax because it fell off your lap getting out of the car, you'll come around. The DNA20's certainly have their place, and if you want one good for you. That doesn't mean my 'vari isn't worth every penny.

For what you spent every month on cigs, you could buy a new Provari every month and still come out ahead in the bank account:p.

That's what I thought too. Why shouldn't I spend my cig money on vaping stuff? The more vaping stuff I have, the guiltier I feel about going back to cigs, and more my husband wants to try vaping:p...

Howietzer

Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Twin Cities, MN, USA
At least get something looks good. There's a Picolibri pre-order Sunday.
pyra.png

It's a Dahlek! ANNIHILATE...ANNIHILATE...ANNIHILATE!!!!!!!!

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I doubt it could be much worse than this little treasure.

v7lm.jpg

Oh come on, you can put ANY atomizer on those and it would look nice, it's stainless and wood:). Just because someone chose to put oddly colored plastic clearos on them doesn't mean you have to:).

The other one tho... uhhh... it's yellow and wood... which is a lovely combo, but imagine a stainless kayfun on that and how weird that would look...

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
It's highly polished brass - you'd need to find a brass atomizer...

Oh come on, you can put ANY atomizer on those and it would look nice, it's stainless and wood:). Just because someone chose to put oddly colored plastic clearos on them doesn't mean you have to:).

The other one tho... uhhh... it's yellow and wood... which is a lovely combo, but imagine a stainless kayfun on that and how weird that would look...

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012

I remember there was a guy one time who posted in the New Member forum who had one. He was very excited about it and was asking about what toppers his should try. There about 8 other members watching and no one knew what to say. It's interesting that it has an eGo connection, but that means a Tumbler would look just fab! Don't you think?

Tumbler_Tank__14663.1380618160.1280.1280.jpg

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I remember there was a guy one time who posted in the New Member forum who had one. He was very excited about it and was asking about what toppers his should try. There about 8 other members watching and no one knew what to say. It's interesting that it has an eGo connection, but that means a Tumbler would look just fab! Don't you think?

Tumbler_Tank__14663.1380618160.1280.1280.jpg

.........really?

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
The Tumblers are very cute... but they are plastic, and you're stuck with those heads... Hrm. But you can match the yellow maybe...

I dunno, I'm sure we'll see what people come up with for it. I could probably make a short stocky yellow tank, but I am not into the box mod phase yet. I'm still finishing up my round mod phase. LOL!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
.........really?

I actually have one of those and it vapes quite nicely, but it doesn't fit very well on anything. I got it for Bobo, but the the bottom is too long for Bobo's drip well and there's no air flow. I got a 510 to eGo adaptor, but then it sits up too high. It seems to be made for an eGo. I finally came up with a couple of ways I could use it, but it looks ridiculous. Vapes quite well though.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Didn't I just read somewhere that brass has lead in it that can leech out and give you brain damage?

I supposed if you feel asleep a a pond a leech could somehow get in your brain, but it would take some work. I think there's a better chance you would drown first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread