Provari V3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
That is pretty awesome that provaris keep the voltage constant even as the battery drains and the Semovar is tempting but if provari's brand new are out of my price range that samovar is definitely out of this broke ... college student's budget.

I'm thinking if provari doest come out with a vw version soon the $145 D20S from JCMS Vapes might be the golden goose I'm looking for. maybe

Box mod! Hmm kinda ugly to me. I'm not bashing it but I find it ugly and looks more like a kids science project than a well built mod. Plus this is relatively new and there is no telling how it will hold up in the real world over time.

$169 is out of your range but $144 isn't? That difference may work against you if you have problems and no warranty, and you find you are out of pocket even more.

But... If a $25 difference is a game changer I think you should be looking at a FAR less expensive mod. If you are truly a broke college kid, you shouldn't be looking at $150+ mods. Save your money.

Sent from my Provari Mini using Tapatalk

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Box mod! Hmm kinda ugly to me. I'm not bashing it but I find it ugly and looks more like a kids science project than a well built mod. Plus this is relatively new and there is no telling how it will hold up in the real world over time.

$169 is out of your range but $144 isn't? That difference may work against you if you have problems and no warranty, and you find you are out of pocket even more.

But... If a $25 difference is a game changer I think you should be looking at a FAR less expensive mod. If you are truly a broke college kid, you shouldn't be looking at $150+ mods. Save your money.

The $25 difference is probably eaten by shipping:p. Provari ships free in the USA.

The DNA is great.. til you drop it for the first time. Then you'll have to buy the Provari anyway, because it will finally dawn on you that everyone drop their PV eventually, and the only battery that consistently survives human error is the Provari. How many thousands you spend before you do determines your level of stubbornness:).

Maybe that's the difference between the Provari owners vs anti Provari owners. How much money they have to spend first before they learn a lesson.

Last edited:

CABBA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
Canada
It is possible to be a provari owner and to enjoy other mods at the same time (for example myself). No one can deny the rock solid performance and durability of the provari. But I get a little sick of hearing provari supporters that put themselves in a corner and profess that the provari is the only mod worth buying because it can handle a fall from the moon (after all it fell from heaven on the 7th day).

There are choices out there and though many won't admit it the provari does have some limits.

The provari is a great mod. There are many other good mods out there. Do some research, Take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
It is possible to be a provari owner and to enjoy other mods at the same time (for example myself). No one can deny the rock solid performance and durability of the provari. But I get a little sick of hearing provari supporters that put themselves in a corner and profess that the provari is the only mod worth buying because it can handle a fall from the moon (after all it fell from heaven on the 7th day).

There are choices out there and though many won't admit it the provari does have some limits.

The provari is a great mod. There are many other good mods out there. Do some research, Take a look.

I think the majority Provari owners have other big PV too. I haven't seen any Provari owners say that no one should buy ANY other mods but Provari. It's just that Provari will save you money. If you have lots of money to waste, then no, don't get a Provari, keep buying throwaways that break in a few months.

I think it's natural curiosity to see what other mods do and how they perform, some of us have lots of other mods too. So in most cases, when you see Provari owners talking about how great Provari are, it's from comparative experience.

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
OP - if you're still around...

Get a Semovar VW and VV, plus SvoeMesto is introducing a mechanical switch soon. Or get a Wizard Evolved, Cyborg DNA20 etc etc.

For what it's worth - I've been using the same ProVari Mini for over 2 years. It's a work horse and never fails me. I just received the ProVari Mini Stealth as well. I also own several Mechs, a Semovar and a VAMO. I've yet to use the VAMO.

In regards your concerns whether to buy a ProVari or wait - That's your decision I know that you won't regret buying a ProVari now with 'only' the VV setting. And if they do come out with a VW upgrade I am sure you can send it back in and have it upgraded for $25, or sell in the classies.

Bottom line: There's only a handful of quality VV/VW out there and ProVari is one of them.

2coils

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
New Jersey

Get a Semovar VW and VV, plus SvoeMesto is introducing a mechanical switch soon. Or get a Wizard Evolved, Cyborg DNA20 etc etc.

For what it's worth - I've been using the same ProVari Mini for over 2 years. It's a work horse and never fails me. I just received the ProVari Mini Stealth as well. I also own several Mechs, a Semovar and a VAMO. I've yet to use the VAMO.

In regards your concerns whether to buy a ProVari or wait - That's your decision I know that you won't regret buying a ProVari now with 'only' the VV setting. And if they do come out with a VW upgrade I am sure you can send it back in and have it upgraded for $25, or sell in the classies.

Bottom line: There's only a handful of quality VV/VW out there and ProVari is one of them.
Good post! Man, this thread was tough to get through! I find it funny how these conversations erupt. If I may add my 2 cents, I have 3 mods that have the Nivel Chip. Great vape!, funny thing is, ALL of them are almost ALWAYS set on Variable Voltage. Variable wattage is over rated IMHO, unless the NIVEL or Provape chips can not accommodate ones preference to sub ohm, V.V is just fine.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR

I never get tired of hearing the survival stories.

Lmao at "fell from heaven on the seventh day," though.

airframer

Verified Member
Oct 16, 2011
washington

Could pick up a Provari cheaper than the D20S on the classifieds

EGreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

AllDayVape,

What is the ProVari Mini Stealth? I have the mini. I just haven't heard of nor seen the Stealth.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Sigmus9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Texas
I'll pay $25 more if it had the 18650 extension cap included, a battery included, had vent grooves on the top cap and had VW. otherwise I'll keep my $25 and go with the D20S.

I was almost convinced it was worth it to get a provari in their current state, but then common sense prevailed. Maybe the 3rd version might be but the 2.5 just doesn't cut it for the price plus the added cost of extension caps, batteries, and inconvenience of no VW

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
AllDayVape,

What is the ProVari Mini Stealth? I have the mini. I just haven't heard of nor seen the Stealth.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

This is a full size 2.0 Stealth and a mini 2.5 Stealth.

d8vq.jpg

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
At least get something looks good. There's a Picolibri pre-order Sunday.
pyra.png

I'll pay $25 more if it had the 18650 extension cap included, a battery included, had vent grooves on the top cap and had VW. otherwise I'll keep my $25 and go with the D20S.

I was almost convinced it was worth it to get a provari in their current state, but then common sense prevailed. Maybe the 3rd version might be but the 2.5 just doesn't cut it for the price plus the added cost of extension caps, batteries, and inconvenience of no VW

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin

I think you know what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread