The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Provari V3?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by VapoJoe86, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. eda123

eda123 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Austin
    Box mod! Hmm kinda ugly to me. I'm not bashing it but I find it ugly and looks more like a kids science project than a well built mod. Plus this is relatively new and there is no telling how it will hold up in the real world over time.

$169 is out of your range but $144 isn't? That difference may work against you if you have problems and no warranty, and you find you are out of pocket even more.

But... If a $25 difference is a game changer I think you should be looking at a FAR less expensive mod. If you are truly a broke college kid, you shouldn't be looking at $150+ mods. Save your money.

Sent from my Provari Mini using Tapatalk

2. RandomFellow

RandomFellow Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2013
    Plymouth, MI, USA
    "Dear Penis, I don't think I like anymore, You used to watch me shave, Now all u do is stare at the floor"

3. glassgal

glassgal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    The $25 difference is probably eaten by shipping:p. Provari ships free in the USA.

The DNA is great.. til you drop it for the first time. Then you'll have to buy the Provari anyway, because it will finally dawn on you that everyone drop their PV eventually, and the only battery that consistently survives human error is the Provari. How many thousands you spend before you do determines your level of stubbornness:).

Maybe that's the difference between the Provari owners vs anti Provari owners. How much money they have to spend first before they learn a lesson.

4. CABBA

CABBA Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Canada
    It is possible to be a provari owner and to enjoy other mods at the same time (for example myself). No one can deny the rock solid performance and durability of the provari. But I get a little sick of hearing provari supporters that put themselves in a corner and profess that the provari is the only mod worth buying because it can handle a fall from the moon (after all it fell from heaven on the 7th day).

There are choices out there and though many won't admit it the provari does have some limits.

The provari is a great mod. There are many other good mods out there. Do some research, Take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. glassgal

glassgal Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Central Florida
    I think the majority Provari owners have other big PV too. I haven't seen any Provari owners say that no one should buy ANY other mods but Provari. It's just that Provari will save you money. If you have lots of money to waste, then no, don't get a Provari, keep buying throwaways that break in a few months.

I think it's natural curiosity to see what other mods do and how they perform, some of us have lots of other mods too. So in most cases, when you see Provari owners talking about how great Provari are, it's from comparative experience.

6. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    I could care less what devices anyone uses. Yes, there are choices and I've yet to see one ProVari owner say the only choice one should make is a ProVari.
    We're enthusiasts; not fanatics.

7. alldayvape

alldayvape Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 11, 2011
    Maryland
    OP - if you're still around...

Get a Semovar VW and VV, plus SvoeMesto is introducing a mechanical switch soon. Or get a Wizard Evolved, Cyborg DNA20 etc etc.

For what it's worth - I've been using the same ProVari Mini for over 2 years. It's a work horse and never fails me. I just received the ProVari Mini Stealth as well. I also own several Mechs, a Semovar and a VAMO. I've yet to use the VAMO.

In regards your concerns whether to buy a ProVari or wait - That's your decision I know that you won't regret buying a ProVari now with 'only' the VV setting. And if they do come out with a VW upgrade I am sure you can send it back in and have it upgraded for $25, or sell in the classies.

Bottom line: There's only a handful of quality VV/VW out there and ProVari is one of them.

8. 2coils

2coils Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2012
    New Jersey
    Good post! Man, this thread was tough to get through! I find it funny how these conversations erupt. If I may add my 2 cents, I have 3 mods that have the Nivel Chip. Great vape!, funny thing is, ALL of them are almost ALWAYS set on Variable Voltage. Variable wattage is over rated IMHO, unless the NIVEL or Provape chips can not accommodate ones preference to sub ohm, V.V is just fine.

9. Kn0ttYFive

Kn0ttYFive Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 27, 2013
    Releaser of the KRAKEN
    and we pick legs off of spiders for fun! :evil:

10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Signature Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    I never get tired of hearing the survival stories.

Lmao at "fell from heaven on the seventh day," though.

11. airframer

airframer Full Member Verified Member

Oct 16, 2011
    washington
    Could pick up a Provari cheaper than the D20S on the classifieds

12. EGreen

EGreen Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

AllDayVape,

What is the ProVari Mini Stealth? I have the mini. I just haven't heard of nor seen the Stealth.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

13. sunnata

sunnata Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    voidness
  14. Sigmus9

Sigmus9 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 27, 2013
    Texas
    I'll pay $25 more if it had the 18650 extension cap included, a battery included, had vent grooves on the top cap and had VW. otherwise I'll keep my $25 and go with the D20S.

I was almost convinced it was worth it to get a provari in their current state, but then common sense prevailed. Maybe the 3rd version might be but the 2.5 just doesn't cut it for the price plus the added cost of extension caps, batteries, and inconvenience of no VW

15. Nermal

Nermal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    Does it come with free shipping?

16. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is a full size 2.0 Stealth and a mini 2.5 Stealth.

[​IMG]

17. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    At least get something looks good. There's a Picolibri pre-order Sunday.
    [​IMG]

18. CrimsonJack

CrimsonJack Ursus Praedonum Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2013
    The Vobbit Hole
    This looks like a pencil sharpener.

19. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    But it's a Variable WATTS pencil sharpener!!
    LOL
    Just kidding - I think it's really attractive, brass and ebony and a DNA chip. But it's gonna likely be $250.

20. eda123

eda123 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 20, 2013
    Austin

I think you know what you want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.