Provari V3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DexO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
Springfield, MO
I don't have any brand loyalty since I am new to vaping. I love the Provari because I push a button and it works. I also know it will work a year from now and it vapes awesome on my kayfun Lite Plus. If they did come out with a new version, I probably wouldn't spend the money to "Upgrade." It is already amazing as it is and I would probably spend the cash on other things.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I don't have any brand loyalty since I am new to vaping. I love the Provari because I push a button and it works. I also know it will work a year from now and it vapes awesome on my Kayfun Lite Plus. If they did come out with a new version, I probably wouldn't spend the money to "Upgrade." It is already amazing as it is and I would probably spend the cash on other things.

Like a wine glass that will hold the entire bottle all at once? :D

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
Oh, don't get me wrong... If you do buy a ProVari, I'm sure you'll quickly find out just where all this passion is seeded. We love our little ProVari's, and you more than likely will love it too.

I was just wondering if something else was even on your radar. The Semovar, Wizard, Apprentice, and Futura all seem like they would be more compatible with your vaping needs than a ProVari.

Although, like many VW device owners who switched to ProVari, you'll find it's "limitations" are non-factors. That single button archaic interface is very easy to navigate, so much so I can comfortably change settings now without even looking at the screen... I don't miss having VW one bit...

I guess my point is, the ProVari isn't the only WELL MADE, and WELL REGULATED device out there anymore. So unless you're willing to sacrifice certain desires simply to figure out why the ProVari has such a dedicated following, I don't see the point in making that compromise.

Well said and well received. Honestly the other APVs you mentioned (other than the Apprentice) were not on my radar at all, though I must say I'm hesitant to go with an expensive APV that does not have the same excellent following and track record as those made by Provape (and I like the fact that the Provari is made in the US). That being said, you've prompted me to do some further research and if it's true that these other APVs can match a Provari in terms of build quality and performance I may very well have to pick one of them up first. I will have a Provari at some point though even if it is just to have one, because I really do believe that it is of an extremely high level of quality and the performance seems to be the "endgame" of vaping.

Telly R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Vape Room, NC
Well said and well received. Honestly the other APVs you mentioned (other than the Apprentice) were not on my radar at all, though I must say I'm hesitant to go with an expensive APV that does not have the same excellent following and track record as those made by Provape (and I like the fact that the Provari is made in the US). That being said, you've prompted me to do some further research and if it's true that these other APVs can match a Provari in terms of build quality and performance I may very well have to pick one of them up first. I will have a Provari at some point though even if it is just to have one, because I really do believe that it is of an extremely high level of quality and the performance seems to be the "endgame" of vaping.

Great decision my friend.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
See, the whole VV VW thing comes up because folks say that's WHY the ProVari is outdated.
But I've used VW, and then I got a ProVari, and despite your logical statements (about the eggs, and whatnot), I don't miss VW AT ALL.
Because in real life, I know approximately what voltage OR what power setting is gonna be close, and I then tweak it a little "to taste" (variables can include the juice, the coil's resistance and gunkiness, the time of day, my mood, etc).

In real life, I screw on a topper, then adjust a little up or a little down or leave it alone - whether it's VV or VW. And VV has finer control.

But we're not vapers, remember?

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
I suggest that you start in the classifieds. :D
I picked up my ProVari there. (Admittedly, a V1) but for $95 along with an extra extension cap and two 18650 batteries, it was too good to pass up. Just don't expect to find that good of a deal anytime soon. That was a once in a lifetime bargain.

Thanks for the advice, I've not yet used the classifieds here in any capacity but it seems like a great way to save a few bucks!

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Exactly. Go to the Classifieds first and find a used one. If you don't like it then plan to sell it back for the same price minus shipping. You can find out for a few dollars if you like it or not. Just don't get upset when you find yourself on Provape's site 10 minutes later ordering a new one like so many of us did:).

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I just want to be clear that I didn't start this thread to complain about the Provari not having VW capabilities. I started this thread because I actually WANT a Provari and was simply curious as to whether or not anyone knew of an impending new version release with VW capabilities, which seems like an obvious progression to me. I never imagined I would have to defend VW as a viable feature.

Hello

I think the main problem is that you posted your question in the wrong section of the forum. This sub-forum is for ProVari enthusiasts. We like our devices. We are in this section to talk about the devices we like. If you want to know if ProVape is planning any new products, I suggest you ask them directly:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/

Last edited:

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
Hello

I think the main problem is that you posted your question in the wrong section of the forum. This sub-forum is for ProVari enthusiasts. We like our devices. We are in this section to talk about the devices we like. If you want to know if ProVape is planning any new products, I suggest you ask them directly:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/

This actually explains a LOT! Seriously, thank you. But as Telly said, I met some pretty cool vapers in the process and hopefully avoided making any mortal enemies. Not to mention it has actually been pretty cool to see just how passionate people can be about the Provari.

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii

The Wizard Evolved and Wizard's Apprentice Evolved from Mark Bugs are basically the same mod, with one made of implant grade titanium, and the other made from Stainless Steel. The Wizard's Apprentice Evolved (the cheaper of the two) is still a whopping $342.68 (By current exchange rates) and the Wizard Evolved is quite a bit higher than that... They do offer a 1 year warranty, but the manufacturer is in Romania. The Wizard is currently out of stock, but the Wizard's Apprentice is available. These are beautifully crafted mods... More articulate craftsmanship, IMO, than the ProVari. I mean, these are NICE... With a price tag that matches that fine grade of work... These are VW ONLY devices (No VV Option)

Products

The Semovar by SvoëMesto (Same folks who make the Kayfun line of RBA's) is at a more reasonable price range. It's made in Germany by a Russian company, so who knows where you would send it for warranty work. It is also protected by a one year warranty. It's a well crafted stainless steel device with a modular design... So, if you accidently crush a battery tube or something silly, you can replace just the battery tube, or just the top cap, or just the control head, etc... I don't know if it's as heavy gauge a steel as the ProVari, but it certainly looks to be a quality piece, and offers a real alternative to a ProVari for those folks who also want VW. Not in stock right now, but for $215 it would be worth waiting for, IMO. Something neat these guys do is make several different top caps for the device to match up with a variety of different toppers. They even make an adapter to combine a Semovar with a Kayfun to make a Hybrid regulated mod. Cool stuff...

Semovar Mod - SvoëMesto - Variable Voltage - Devices

This should at least let you know where to buy them when your research is complete! :D

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
This actually explains a LOT! Seriously, thank you. But as Telly said, I met some pretty cool vapers in the process and hopefully avoided making any mortal enemies. Not to mention it has actually been pretty cool to see just how passionate people can be about the Provari.

Imagine if you had done it when the sun was up! LoL All you got was the fury of the night owls!

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
The Wizard Evolved and Wizard's Apprentice Evolved from Mark Bugs are basically the same mod, with one made of implant grade titanium, and the other made from Stainless Steel. The Wizard's Apprentice Evolved (the cheaper of the two) is still a whopping $342.68 (By current exchange rates) and the Wizard Evolved is quite a bit higher than that... They do offer a 1 year warranty, but the manufacturer is in Romania. The Wizard is currently out of stock, but the Wizard's Apprentice is available. These are beautifully crafted mods... More articulate craftsmanship, IMO, than the ProVari. I mean, these are NICE... With a price tag that matches that fine grade of work... These are VW ONLY devices (No VV Option)

Products

The Semovar by SvoëMesto (Same folks who make the Kayfun line of RBA's) is at a more reasonable price range. It's made in Germany by a Russian company, so who knows where you would send it for warranty work. It is also protected by a one year warranty. It's a well crafted stainless steel device with a modular design... So, if you accidently crush a battery tube or something silly, you can replace just the battery tube, or just the top cap, or just the control head, etc... I don't know if it's as heavy gauge a steel as the ProVari, but it certainly looks to be a quality piece, and offers a real alternative to a ProVari for those folks who also want VW. Not in stock right now, but for $215 it would be worth waiting for, IMO. Something neat these guys do is make several different top caps for the device to match up with a variety of different toppers. They even make an adapter to combine a Semovar with a Kayfun to make a Hybrid regulated mod. Cool stuff...

Semovar Mod - SvoëMesto - Variable Voltage - Devices

This should at least let you know where to buy them when your research is complete! :D

Thanks for the information, the Wizards Apprentice Evolved looks like it way tailor made to suit my tastes, but I may have to wait for my tax refund before I even consider it (hopefully it's in stock by then)! Suddenly the Provari doesn't seem quite so expensive :D

Telly R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Vape Room, NC

Well said. There are good folks around... This is a great place to gather and wisely share your thoughts and opinion. However, as I am sure you have realized; it is a common place for folks from a plethora of backgrounds and lifestyles - vaping and otherwise. Whereas a discussion and/or debate could be accepted by some and frown upon by others. Keep that in mind for future reference. ;-)
Thank Goodness it was all about a vaping device...

Last edited:

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
Thanks for the information, the Wizards Apprentice Evolved looks like it way tailor made to suit my tastes, but I may have to wait for my tax refund before I even consider it (hopefully it's in stock by then)! Suddenly the Provari doesn't seem quite so expensive :D

Exactly :) You get what you pay for, my friend... True quality is never cheap, and once you handle one of these mods that come with a hefty price tag, you instantly realize why they cost so friggin much. The $159.95 price tag of the Satin Silver ProVari seems much more reasonable now, does it not? Hehe...

I'm sure they are all worth every penny you spend on them... But yeah, that Wizard's Apprentice is sexy... A lot nicer, IMO, than the Futura... I mean, the Futura looks nice, but not as much attention to detail as the Wizard devices... It does include all the extensions you need to make it use any 18XXX battery, and uses the same DNA-20 chipset that the wizard devices use. Basically, it's the same as the wizards in a more cost effective package. It is US built though, so that may appeal to you.

NexGen Vapor | Futura Personal Vaporizer

They have a lot of options... With prices from $229 - $279 depending on the choices you make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread