ProVarinati Diner & Saloon and Beyond

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
so how did you clean it up?

My recent experience with Bill has been very good too. He charged me $25 for each of two minis that he rebuilt, cleaned and replaced the windows and switches. I haven't gotten them back yet but they'll be like new again!

Very pretty cats :wub:

View attachment 738615
I wrapped it in tape covering the button and screen, and also covering the bottom of it, then fired up my 6 inch buffer and loaded the wheel with rouge, the tube got rather hot a couple of times while buffing off the paint, so I would rub an ice cube on the steel to cool it off. It has worked just fine ever since, and that tube really got pretty hot during the paint removal...

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
@rbrylawski seeing your two kitties snuggle in your avatar prompts me to share a photo of my two snugglers.
IMG_3933.JPG

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
I thought it went down to 2.9.

The 2.5 goes down to 2.9v. The 2 goes to only 3.3v, I believe. I don't own one of them. I do own a five year old 2.5, but I think it had greater voltage range as a selling point when I bought it way back when.

I really had to do some mental gymnastics to justify the purchase at the time...sure looks good in the rear view mirror, tho.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
I would believe.
Hey stranger! Nice to see you again. Still riding?

If you have any provaris that could use some love you might think about sending them to Bill while he still works on them. Parts are getting low he says. He may not be around much longer. :(

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I would believe.

The 2.5 goes down to 2.9v. The 2 goes to only 3.3v, I believe. I don't own one of them. I do own a five year old 2.5, but I think it had greater voltage range as a selling point when I bought it way back when.

I really had to do some mental gymnastics to justify the purchase at the time...sure looks good in the rear view mirror, tho.

Long time no post dude, I hope all is going well. :)

KAS

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Hey stranger! Nice to see you again. Still riding?

If you have any provaris that could use some love you might think about sending them to Bill while he still works on them. Parts are getting low he says. He may not be around much longer. :(

Hi back at ya. Good to see you. Yes, I am riding quite often now that spring is here.

I have two P2.5s. One still sits in the box it came in. That is the back up. The "old" one functions flawlessly ATM. I knew that service would not last forever. They were so cheap at the end I bought my back up for like 30 bucks. Even if they both were to break, the secondary market is very healthy for them on places like Ebay.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Ah, good to see you again Dr Kas!

I am well, I hope the same is true for you.

Yeah I am alright, I discovered that I am starting to show signs of old age this year though. I am now on blood pressure med's, found out today it is back where is is supposed to be. There are a few other issues, I have to address this year, but I will get threw it. :)

KAS

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville

Hi Eddardin, close but the V1 was the 3.3 - 6 V, and 2.5 amp model. The V2 and 2.5's have the same chipset, 2.9-6V, and 3.5 amp limit.

Nice to see you drop by:thumb::cool:

Users who are viewing this thread