Qualifications For the ALPHA™ Program & ALL ALPHA Product Discussion HERE- Check Here For New Alpha Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
I've been vaping on one nonstop. I've run about 45ml of Caramel Apple, my fave evening vape, through it. No leaks. No problems. No muted flavor compared to other clearos. Not the same a dripping, but what is?

Nice pics... I think it would look good with an APOLLO E2 tank
View attachment 127739

Anyone try these out and have any luck with them? Looks like another stardust set up.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
Nice pics... I think it would look good with an APOLLO E2 tank
View attachment 127739

Anyone try these out and have any luck with them? Looks like another stardust set up.

I far prefer the old stardust to these. When they work, they're good. But I'm so tired of dry hits. I have been told that the dry hits will eventually stop, but mine hasn't in over a week.

Kreator8

Moved On
Jul 18, 2012
NJ
I'm looking one of these over now. Here is what I think. Looks like a stardust set up. I think I can rebuild it. I think the wire-gage is too small and the wick to thin. Some of the coils don't look tight on the wick, that will give a dry hit. I am going to try to put in a triple wick and use 3 or 4 wraps of a .20 Kanthal D Resistance heating wire. This should give me about 2 ohms or so. Then I'll run it at about 3.7 volts. I think that will work.

my appolo tank gurgles too much then dry hits at the same time. Can't say i care for the core so far but it's a neat looking tank so i think i will most likely try to mod it to take vivi heads...

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
my appolo tank gurgles too much then dry hits at the same time. Can't say i care for the core so far but it's a neat looking tank so i think i will most likely try to mod it to take vivi heads...

I still like my Apollo tank but I get the occasional dry hit and flooding a bit more frequently. I really love the looks of it, too. Luckily, the tank itself can actually be used as a sleeve for slimmer cartos like the Phoenix. It's quite nice!

jerry503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2012
Portland OR
GrimmGreen just posted a review of the Apollo (a.k.a. Esco E2). Not entirely complimentary, but an interesting take on it, I think. His is the second youtube review I've seen taking major issue with how easy it is to accidentally unscrew the middle of a (full) tank and ending up with a lapful of juice. I don't recall any issues with that here...?

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
GrimmGreen just posted a review of the Apollo (a.k.a. Esco E2). Not entirely complimentary, but an interesting take on it, I think. His is the second youtube review I've seen taking major issue with how easy it is to accidentally unscrew the middle of a (full) tank and ending up with a lapful of juice. I don't recall any issues with that here...?

I didn't have it happen with this one, but that's exactly what I did when I first got my vivi. I call it my baptism. lol Had a lap full of my favorite juice to date. He certainly made a good point about the ohm's. Can't check it on mine cuz I don't have a meter or 510-ego to check it on my gripper. The 510 shorty won't do it.

Kreator8

Moved On
Jul 18, 2012
NJ
I found dry hits are due to wire not touching the wick. The wick in this good looking tank is thin and crappy. I figured out how to take it apart, clipped some wick from one side and did a re-wrap of the coil around the same spot in the wick with the extra cut wick to make it thicker. I used a pin through the wick to hold it and get a tight wrap. I put it all back together and did a drip to test. It kicked .... Also a leak at the bottom of the tank was fix by moving the "O" ring down so the bottom of the tank would be sealed. I don't know why but it was in the wrong place. It was above the treads not below where it belongs. I will test it further now.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
APOLLO BATT

Unhappy.gif
My Apollo Batt won't come ON anymore ...when I put it on charger it will flash 5 times & then the "charger light" turns green (on 3 diff.chargers)...IDK? seems to be stuck in OFF mode ...anyone know what the "5 flash code" means ? I have NOT used it w/anything but the tank it came with ...It had been working great . Hasn't been "juiced" or dropped or anything else out of the ordinary ...it hasn't even been out of the house :facepalm: only had it since the 6th or 7th ...2 weeks....so so SHINY & SAD !

mattt9998

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Rochester, NY
APOLLO BATT

Unhappy.gif
My Apollo Batt won't come ON anymore ...when I put it on charger it will flash 5 times & then the "charger light" turns green (on 3 diff.chargers)...IDK? seems to be stuck in OFF mode ...anyone know what the "5 flash code" means ? I have NOT used it w/anything but the tank it came with ...It had been working great . Hasn't been "juiced" or dropped or anything else out of the ordinary ...it hasn't even been out of the house :facepalm: only had it since the 6th or 7th ...2 weeks....so so SHINY & SAD !

Try cleaning the battery connection, if too much juice is gunked up on it, then it will not charge.

DrOckW

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Colorado
Sorry I tried to quote kelleymcm:

Now you may already be all over this... but I have brought several eGo style batts back to "life" with this method.

Unplug the charger from the wall and clean the connection with isopropol and a q-tip. Clean out the battery 510 connection with a q tip and water... try again.

I don't know how or why.. But this seems to work well for me. I know you've been around the community a while and if you're already on this please don't take offense :)

Last edited:

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
I found dry hits are due to wire not touching the wick. The wick in this good looking tank is thin and crappy. I figured out how to take it apart, clipped some wick from one side and did a re-wrap of the coil around the same spot in the wick with the extra cut wick to make it thicker. I used a pin through the wick to hold it and get a tight wrap. I put it all back together and did a drip to test. It kicked .... Also a leak at the bottom of the tank was fix by moving the "O" ring down so the bottom of the tank would be sealed. I don't know why but it was in the wrong place. It was above the treads not below where it belongs. I will test it further now.

Kreator ?what are you talkin' about ????:lol:

I could assume that you are referring to the Apollo, but it would be helpful if you list the item you are talking about FIRST b-4 starting your comments ...also Title'ing helps Dan & Bad know which threads are relevant to Alpha & Not JUST chit chat.

Your "I found dry hits are due to wire not touching the wick." comment made me wonder if THAT is why they are all adding the "queen" wicks on top of coil wicks lately ....maybe the 2nd wick helps with that issue when it arises ... mine never really has dry hits ,but I seem to have better luck w/wicking than others & I embrace the QUEEN WICK . :lol::lol:

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
Try cleaning the battery connection, if too much juice is gunked up on it, then it will not charge.

Sorry I tried to quote kelleymcm:

Now you may already be all over this... but I have brought several eGo style batts back to "life" with this method.

Unplug the charger from the wall and clean the connection with isopropol and a q-tip. Clean out the battery 510 connection with a q tip and water... try again.

I don't know how or why.. But this seems to work well for me. I know you've been around the community a while and if you're already on this please don't take offense :)

Yeah I have been around awhile & NO OFFENCE TAKEN ....but yeah already double checked all that & I use 3 chargers & I routinely clean all of them & I also CLEAN (wipe off/iso swab) all batts & carto connections every time I have them open ( old auto batt training) & my charging station even just got moved & reworked in the last week ...I mainly use 650mAh's so I charge several batts a day.

& to "quote posts" just click on the "Reply with Quote" button down to the RIGHT in every post ......&/or to "multi-quote" click on the one to the FAR right on each post you wanna quote & then click the "Reply with Quote" on the last one & they should all show up in your posting area. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread