Qualifications For the ALPHA™ Program & ALL ALPHA Product Discussion HERE- Check Here For New Alpha Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

servolos

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
greeley colorado
Well as far as reversed engineered off of what I guess it would be both. You'd have to have separate modes as you can't have both being user adjustable at once. The question is exactly how to balance between both. I would like to see an ohm meter and an error code if you try to push too much power through. If it is auto adjustable like the lavatube we will see another failure of a device
Krystm:7023067 said:
This was done on a smart phone. Joys of autocorrect. I jeannine issues with the zmax and lavatube. Laxative first too I guess :p

lol you what?

Also what is the ZMax gonna be reversed engineered from? A Darwin or Kick? I suspect there will still be issues out the gate. I just think it should be tested first to help lower customer disappointment, especially since this is there first attempt at it (VW / VV System).

OldDragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Kansas
Review of the Scorpion tank - tank was working real good, no problems. Think I was on my 4th or 5th refill and it got a crack in the tank. used it for a few more fills and a crack formed that ran a forth of the way up the side of the tank.
So any more testing is done. Just needs a better plastic for the tank. Liked that it was easy to fill and no wick strands hanging out, seems that any with wick strand hanging will quickly turn my juice dark as the burnt color starts coming off the wicks.

DrOckW

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Colorado
Yeah I have been around awhile & NO OFFENCE TAKEN ....but yeah already double checked all that & I use 3 chargers & I routinely clean all of them & I also CLEAN (wipe off/iso swab) all batts & carto connections every time I have them open ( old auto batt training) & my charging station even just got moved & reworked in the last week ...I mainly use 650mAh's so I charge several batts a day.

& to "quote posts" just click on the "Reply with Quote" button down to the RIGHT in every post ......&/or to "multi-quote" click on the one to the FAR right on each post you wanna quote & then click the "Reply with Quote" on the last one & they should all show up in your posting area. :D

So yeah, I did that, but my laptop it has the itis... and well it likes to move my mouse around and I selected all, deleted it and then the quote was gone.

Thanks for the help though... got an old (less than 7 years old) laptop laying around.

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
21 gun salute? Just kidding. Have you tried metering the coil at the posts?

Not yet. Honestly I may be over my head with this thing. I'm not much of an electrical guru. I was hoping it would work without tinkering. The coil (wire part that wraps around the wick) is not connected to the center post. I tried to screw the little washer down onto it, but still no joy. Sorry, but I'm not very good beyond it works or doesn't. Might have to seriously dumb your advice down for me.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
Ok, my hyper SRT showed up today. I filled it with juice, primed the wick as the instructional video showed, and tried to fire it up. It seems like it's dead. Any suggestions?

oh NO sorry to hear that ....
it is why I always fire the "new item" a few times b-4 adding juice ...
that and most new stuff needs to have the "new" dry burned off b-4 use anyway ....
sorry that doesn't help ya' much @ the moment ....

I would think the only possible problem is that your coil wires are broke somewhere or just NOT making the connection .

EDIT::: Yeah I'm too slow .....ahhhh the only way it's gonna work is if you CAN GET the wire back in correct position & make the connection or start over & re-coil it ....

Last edited:

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
P
oh NO sorry to hear that ....
it is why I always fire the "new item" a few times b-4 adding juice ...
that and most new stuff needs to have the "new" dry burned off b-4 use anyway ....
sorry that doesn't help ya' much @ the moment ....

I would think the only possible problem is that your coil wires are broke somewhere or just NOT making the connection .

EDIT::: Yeah I'm too slow .....ahhhh the only way it's gonna work is if you CAN GET the wire back in correct position & make the connection or start over & re-coil it ....

I'm just not sure if it's supposed to go back onto the center post or what?

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city

carpedebass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
The Alamo City
ohhh IDK that one ???? Have not had to redo mine yet ....I can go check mine if you like .... but go to the GV site & on the product page I do believe there is a video that shows what goes where ..........

SMOKtech GotVapes Hyper SRT Rebuildable Tank Atomizer 4.0ml [gv-SMOKtechHyperSRT] - $15.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

Found the problem...broken coil wire right out of the package. Guess it's already time to replace it.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Good news, Heard the suggestions here about the ZMax...I contacted big guy at SMOKtech and at first they balked as they have minimum SRP you have to comply with for sale and they thought this was a co-op buy, etc. But Chris and I put screws to them, told them about our ALPHA. We are going to secure ten of these and we'll put them in ALPHA...ten is all we could get advanced to us...but good idea, let's ALPHA these first...they will monitor the thread for feedback...

servolos

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
greeley colorado
first impressions and initial evaluation of the CE9 rebuildable tank atomizer

so i got it with a hyper SRT by the way: the packaging of the hyper SRT impressed me more than the wrapper on the CE9 (no biggie, i have gotten plastic wrapped eGo-T attys and my eGo-C shell in nothing more than plastic wrap). As long as it worked, i thought, shouldnt matter how it came to me but people interested in converting from ego-t to ego-c might.

so i unwrapped it and took some initial pictures with my phone and can post later if you want. the tank came with a silicone lid as opposed to plastic which is a plus. the tank did not have a smell and is a carbon copy to my joye tanks. I took the tank off and peered in

the needle plate had NO WICK. i built a wick for it and went to work getting it primed. no wick doesnt hurt me as much because i can get the SS-440 and have spare CE2 wicks from dead CE2's. once i got the coil primed i ohmed it out at 1.8 ohms. no problem. I dialed my provari and started to break it in: 3 hits and got the worst dry hit EVER!

I ended up stealing a wick out of a dead ego-c head and popped it in. if i take primer puffs every few hits this thing will vape like a champ! beats the ego-c, the CE2, the hyper SRT (but im still breaking it in so that could change). it beats both on taste and flavor. the problem is the damn thing wont wick. I have it set at 3.3 volts on my provari so voltage is not the issue.

I am putting it heads up against the eGo-C. Initially it wins in taste and vapor but the eGo-C can be driven to 4 volts before it has wicking issues. at 3.3 the flavor is muted on the eGo-C.

One last thing in the good column for the CE9: sealed connector and air hole up the side of the atty: that should make it harder to leak unless the tank cracks. what drove me away from the T and C system is the attys have a tendency to leak after cleaning them a few times.

will report back in a week or two with my final thought on them. Initially if i was new to the rebuildable world i would say, overall, this is a lose because of no wick: the manufacturer should be more careful in the future.

me1969

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2012
wherever I roam
Good news, Heard the suggestions here about the ZMax...I contacted big guy at SMOKtech and at first they balked as they have minimum SRP you have to comply with for sale and they thought this was a co-op buy, etc. But Chris and I put screws to them, told them about our ALPHA. We are going to secure ten of these and we'll put them in ALPHA...ten is all we could get advanced to us...but good idea, let's ALPHA these first...they will monitor the thread for feedback...

wow thats awsome dibs j/k unless we are doing dibs .

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA

I want to play with one of these, that's why I was dropping hints :D I foresee a lot of insomniac nights waiting for this to drop into alpha :laugh:

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
hmmmm only 10 ?
.......maybe we ought ta' buddy up now in pairs & split the cost & Share
pigtail-lol.gif

...like that's gonna happen:glare: ....the battle is ON !!! ....now if we just knew when :glare:

...don't cha' jus love alpha ??
yahoo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread