Qualifications For the ALPHA™ Program & ALL ALPHA Product Discussion HERE- Check Here For New Alpha Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

AG51

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Dat Way →
hmmmm only 10 ?
.......maybe we ought ta' buddy up now in pairs & split the cost & Share
pigtail-lol.gif

...like that's gonna happen:glare: ....the battle is ON !!! ....now if we just knew when :glare:

...don't cha' jus love alpha ??
yahoo.gif

Wellllll now..................seeing as how I was the one who brought them up in the first place, shouldn't I be FIRST in line? :laugh: Oh well.......I can dream..............sigh
:laugh::laugh::laugh: whoa....you girls means business :ohmy:

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Good news, Heard the suggestions here about the ZMax...I contacted big guy at SMOKtech and at first they balked as they have minimum SRP you have to comply with for sale and they thought this was a co-op buy, etc. But Chris and I put screws to them, told them about our ALPHA. We are going to secure ten of these and we'll put them in ALPHA...ten is all we could get advanced to us...but good idea, let's ALPHA these first...they will monitor the thread for feedback...

This sounds like just the sort of thing I've been loitering around for ;)

Sysop

Jul 23, 2010
USA
Good news, Heard the suggestions here about the ZMax...I contacted big guy at SMOKtech and at first they balked as they have minimum SRP you have to comply with for sale and they thought this was a co-op buy, etc. But Chris and I put screws to them, told them about our ALPHA. We are going to secure ten of these and we'll put them in ALPHA...ten is all we could get advanced to us...but good idea, let's ALPHA these first...they will monitor the thread for feedback...

Truly fantastic news!

Huge fan of the Vmax and I would love to have the opportunity to test a Zmax for Alpha, as I'm sure others are.

Any idea when you might be receiving the 10?

Will it be first come, first serve or are you planning some else perhaps?

rdsok

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norman, Ok
Truly fantastic news!

Huge fan of the Vmax and I would love to have the opportunity to test one for Alpha, as I'm sure others are.

Any idea when you might be receiving the 10?

Will it be first come, first serve or are you planning some else perhaps?

I don't believe they were talking about the VMax... but a yet to be released one called the ZMax instead...

I have no info on it myself... but I'm hoping it is a variable wattage ( VW ) unit instead of VV

Sysop

Jul 23, 2010
USA
Wellllll now..................seeing as how I was the one who brought them up in the first place, shouldn't I be FIRST in line? :laugh: Oh well.......I can dream..............sigh

For what it's worth friend; I also think that would be fair.

I didn't even know ST was coming out with the Zmax until your post, thanks.

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
I thought YAY! Yiddle gets the 1st one !! when I saw dan's post ...just didn't post it :D

& I agree Dan should let Yiddle have the 1st one ...

oh & BACK to my APOLLO BATT issue .... has anyone noticed if when they put their batt on charger ...HOW MANY times it FLASHES ?? Is 5 normal ?

Last edited:

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA

Excellent news!!! :) The Kick in my Silver Bullet pisses me off daily and Darwin's are never available so it would be great to finally get a hold of a real VW device!

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Heck, hunting for a Kick is no picnic either... I've been dying for one ever since I got my Telescope, and now I actually broke down and got myself a Saber on order - and that just cries for a Kick. And, of course, they are always out of stock.

Zmax sounds... fascinating. :D I agree, Yiddle should get the first one - and for the rest of us... heh... I guess that's one time where being an insomniac can actually serve.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Excellent news!!! :) The Kick in my Silver Bullet pisses me off daily and Darwin's are never available so it would be great to finally get a hold of a real VW device!

I have been thru many Kicks and when 1 starts acting up I contact Evolv and they replace it for free..

Heck, hunting for a Kick is no picnic either... I've been dying for one ever since I got my Telescope, and now I actually broke down and got myself a Saber on order - and that just cries for a Kick. And, of course, they are always out of stock.

Zmax sounds... fascinating. :D I agree, Yiddle should get the first one - and for the rest of us... heh... I guess that's one time where being an insomniac can actually serve.

I may have an extra Kick, if you want to lend me $35, I will lend you my extra kick.. (I believe a PM is in order)

Soo I am officially willing to start an alliance to acquire one of the 10 elusive X, Y, Z Max. Anybody want a headband PM me and we will eliminate the competition.
We can distract them with false conversation while the rest of us sneak in and order. Oops, prob shouldn't give away the plan.

Krystm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Arlington, TX
Amigo - Mini Passthough - UPDATE NEED MORE TESTERS TO VERIFY:
Hey I just wanted to add something that I think will be useful info to post before this goes main stream. I recently just got my DC to USB car adapter and in the car it works great, BUT the new "Hyper SRT" tanks DO NOT WORK on this unit. They fire fine on my ProVari and on the APOLLO battery but not on this. So anyone looking to put the latest and greatest together may get disappointed if they try to do this. The tank also does not work with the Rocket VV Other then that it is still a champ and working great for the car use.

I suggest GV carry a DC - USB Car adapter as then you will never run out of power when you are mobile AND you won't drop your PV getting out of your car.

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
Amigo - Mini Passthough - UPDATE NEED MORE TESTERS TO VERIFY:
Hey I just wanted to add something that I think will be useful info to post before this goes main stream. I recently just got my DC to USB car adapter and in the car it works great, BUT the new "Hyper SRT" tanks DO NOT WORK on this unit. They fire fine on my ProVari and on the APOLLO battery but not on this. So anyone looking to put the latest and greatest together may get disappointed if they try to do this. The tank also does not work with the Rocket VV Other then that it is still a champ and working great for the car use.

Have you trimmed the extra plastic off the top of the Rocket? That is required to have a few devices work on it.

WP_000140.jpg

I have noticed that the SRT seems to have a bit shorter connector than many other devices. If you pull the center connector pin down it will work on most batteries. Problem is, if you have a device with a high center post it will push the pin back up and you will have to pull it back down a hair (or raise the center connector on the battery) to get it to work. Or you could use an extender/adapter as well, but I am not a big fan of that. Now I have not tried it on the passthrough, so I can't speak for that.

Hope that helps. If not, it is my input!

Salky

hmlessalky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
Imperial, MO
I haven't trimmed down the plastic on the Rocket yet but, I did use a eGo adaptor and it was still no go in both devices. The rocket I guess I could see that being an issue with the plastic so guess I will sand it down and give that a shot and see what happens.

A razor blade works well; you can cut it flush with the top of the connector then sand it smooth. The plastic isn't very tough. Just watch your fingers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread