Qualifications For the ALPHA™ Program & ALL ALPHA Product Discussion HERE- Check Here For New Alpha Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Arlington, TX
Probably best to ask/talk about this in the SRT thread since it isn't an Alpha product so we can keep this thread directed at the Alpha items instead of an off-topic subject.... just saying

Mine were pretty much good to go after I coiled and wicked. Not sure if they even needed a break-in with Cotton / Kantal.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Thanks! I thought I remembered as much. I have exactly ONE 18350, lol. Does it matter if they are flat top or button tops. Protected or unprotected?
They must be IMR High Drain, this I know for sure. IMR is used in place of protection, it is safer chemistry. Now weather they need buttons or not? I have never come across a device such as this that used flat tops.
BTW ur gonna need 2 :)

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Didn't intend to derail anything. I have deleted the post.

Apologies to all.

DrOckW,
Were going to let this slip by this time. But let this be a lesson to ya. rdsok will not hesitate to give you a good tongue lashing the next time it happens, and frankly with all the high end, technical, indepth, Alpha talk going on right now, I think you have quite a nerve coming round here and breaking our deep trains of thought. This is some heavy duty mathmatical jargon taking place here, and we need our peace.
Ok I think he got the point... Alpha members, as you were!

I cant seem to find a smiley that fits that statement, FTR D, that was all bs.;)

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Honestly not sure. The ones it came with are button tops though if that helps.

Cool, that helps alot.

They must be IMR High Drain, this I know for sure. IMR is used in place of protection, it is safer chemistry. Now weather they need buttons or not? I have never come across a device such as this that used flat tops.
BTW ur gonna need 2 :)

Yep, THAT I did know :) it's why I was laughing at myself about only having one (and why I wasnt for sure about the size). I mean here I sit greedily opening vape mail. And then :facepalm: don't have all the necessary equipment.

I've never stacked anything before, and hadn't even considered it till I won, so it's not something I really read up on. Now I'm kind of cramming to figure out exactly what I need to do. So I'm thinking I'm going to buy two of the aw imr's, both new. Got to say that I do like the way this black rocket looks though. It's incredibly light, so it will be interesting to see how it feels with batteries. I've tended toward heavier things with my clumsiness.

kwalka

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
walkers-finest.com
Cool, that helps alot.

Yep, THAT I did know :) it's why I was laughing at myself about only having one (and why I wasnt for sure about the size). I mean here I sit greedily opening vape mail. And then :facepalm: don't have all the necessary equipment.

I've never stacked anything before, and hadn't even considered it till I won, so it's not something I really read up on. Now I'm kind of cramming to figure out exactly what I need to do. So I'm thinking I'm going to buy two of the aw imr's, both new. Got to say that I do like the way this black rocket looks though. It's incredibly light, so it will be interesting to see how it feels with batteries. I've tended toward heavier things with my clumsiness.

Buy 2 new batts, label them, keep them together, dont take 1 and use it somewhere else, always reverse which one is on top every cycle, put them on the meter at least once a week to assure they are not coming off the charger above 4.2, check them once a week when they come out of the device and make sure they are not draining below what they are supposed to (V level varies w batt type). Other than that your good.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Buy 2 new batts, label them, keep them together, dont take 1 and use it somewhere else, always reverse which one is on top every cycle, put them on the meter at least once a week to assure they are not coming off the charger above 4.2, check them once a week when they come out of the device and make sure they are not draining below what they are supposed to (V level varies w batt type). Other than that your good.

Cool, I really appreciate the summary. :)

kelleymcm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
oklahoma city
Erin ....several of us had problems once juice got into our rockets ...the rocket is NOT sealed between the 2pieces ...so we have come up w/ways to seal the top (around the connection) & I sealed mine down the side too (just down an inch or so,where juice might flow). I used several coats of nail polish (which rippled my red paint job :facepalm:) I let it dry between coats . Also the connection is somewhat recessed which kept some devices from making a connection. You can shave the excess plastic off with a exacto knife . ....good luck w/it ! and Congrats !

wolcen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011
Boston, MA
www.wolcen.com
DrOckW,
Were going to let this slip by this time. But let this be a lesson to ya. rdsok will not hesitate to give you a good tongue lashing the next time it happens, and frankly with all the high end, technical, indepth, Alpha talk going on right now, I think you have quite a nerve coming round here and breaking our deep trains of thought. This is some heavy duty mathmatical jargon taking place here, and we need our peace.
Ok I think he got the point... Alpha members, as you were!

I cant seem to find a smiley that fits that statement, FTR D, that was all bs.;)

Thank you for attempting to preserve my train of thought, but it has nontheless derailed several times prior and since. LOL

18350s 3.7V

As far as the USB pass though you can always use an iPad charger if you have one. They are rated for 10A

Seriously? 10A?? The little 1" sq block thingy? That's actually pretty impressive.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
Erin ....several of us had problems once juice got into our rockets ...the rocket is NOT sealed between the 2pieces ...so we have come up w/ways to seal the top (around the connection) & I sealed mine down the side too (just down an inch or so,where juice might flow). I used several coats of nail polish (which rippled my red paint job :facepalm:) I let it dry between coats . Also the connection is somewhat recessed which kept some devices from making a connection. You can shave the excess plastic off with a exacto knife . ....good luck w/it ! and Congrats !

Thanks. I'm wondering if uv curing material would work to seal it?

And though I've no batteries yet to try, I'm thinking this is going to work just fine with my ego adaptor, since I mostly use stardusts at the moment anyway. All in all I'm pretty excited.

And thanks!

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
the rocket will not be coming back but a new version will , it doesnt look the same but is engineered but the same people and the upgrade is massive but we will test this out in alpha first as usual.

the ce5 is being upgraded to a better plastic and they will be making some minor changes to the innards, many more alpha is coming in a few days form kanger and much more is headed our way.

mogium

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2011
St pete florida
the rocket will not be coming back but a new version will , it doesnt look the same but is engineered but the same people and the upgrade is massive but we will test this out in alpha first as usual.

the ce5 is being upgraded to a better plastic and they will be making some minor changes to the innards, many more alpha is coming in a few days form kanger and much more is headed our way.

Stop teasing us!!

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
yeah thanks i noticed that as i was shopping for adaptors. i almost got an ipad adaptor, but i ended up finding a 2 amper for a better price.

18350s 3.7V

As far as the USB pass though you can always use an iPad charger if you have one. They are rated for 10A

you might be thinking of the iphone a/c adaptor rather than the ipad? IDK

Thank you for attempting to preserve my train of thought, but it has nontheless derailed several times prior and since. LOL

Seriously? 10A?? The little 1" sq block thingy? That's actually pretty impressive.

Last edited:

Krystm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Arlington, TX
yeah thanks i noticed that as i was shopping for adaptors. i almost got an ipad adaptor, but i ended up finding a 2 amper for a better price.

you might be thinking of the iphone a/c adaptor rather than the ipad? IDK

Yeah the TINY block is a iPhone / iPod charger. The "Brick" Square with removable plug is the iPad charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread