hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Bull City Flavors will be have a 1 day Easter Sale. Don’t have the code yet, guess it will come in a email.

Get your carts ready!

They will also have the new Wonder Flavors by this afternoon.

Figures, I just did a good size order. I think I have one thing on my wishlist right now.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Has anyone else tried the plex coils on the zenith? I ordered a box of the .5 plex coils to try and the flavor seems muted compared to the regular 1.6 coils. I thought maybe there was a long break in on them or something but I've run three or four tanks through this one and it's still weak on flavor.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Has anyone else tried the plex coils on the zenith? I ordered a box of the .5 plex coils to try and the flavor seems muted compared to the regular 1.6 coils. I thought maybe there was a long break in on them or something but I've run three or four tanks through this one and it's still weak on flavor.
    I'm using the one that came in it I think. It meters .49 I think it's the .5 plex?? But whatever it is I get great taste and it's long lasting with a dark joose.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Figures, I just did a good size order. I think I have one thing on my wishlist right now.
    I have 6 but it's not a solid six. At my daughters now and we leave for the airport at 2am.Be nice to have some warm weather for a few days.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    How does this sound:
    Honey Licorice:
    Licorice 3%, Honey tobacco 2%, Cool mint 2%
    I'm going for the honey licorice cough drop flavor.
    Maybe the licorice should be about 1.5%?
    What Brand(s) of concentrates? Brand can have a significant impact on percentage used.

Also, Luden's describes their Honey Licorice as: "menthol & honey."
    upload_2019-4-18_16-5-9.png

If that is truly the case I am not sure how fitting the Cool Mint might be (no idea which one you have; so I have no clue as to its flavor profile). If the mint is light, and it has a noticeable menthol note, it might work. Otherwise, or maybe even at the same time; try a second version using just plain menthol in place of the mint.

Also, I am not sure about a tobacco note. I have only used TFA's Black Honey (tobacco); and I found it to be less about "honey," and more like a sweet pipe(ish?) tobacco. A straight up honey concentrate may(?) get you closer.

If you are wanting more of a tobacco vape, that has Luden's Honey Licorice resemblance, then I think you are on the right track. But, if you are trying to get as close as you can to the true cough drop, I think there might be better (more appropriate?) concentrates to consider.

I am just spit-ballin' here. I haven't tasted a Luden's Honey Licorice lozenge (though I loved their original (honey) menthol). And, I am not sure what concentrates you are wanting to use. Nor am I certain how close to the real thing you are wanting to get. So, I could easily be completely wrong... again.:rolleyes:
    :laugh::D:laugh:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'm using the one that came in it I think. It meters .49 I think it's the .5 plex?? But whatever it is I get great taste and it's long lasting with a dark joose.

Maybe I just got a bad coil. I put the 1.6 back in for now but I’ll try another.5 plex next time.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Maybe I just got a bad coil. I put the 1.6 back in for now but I’ll try another.5 plex next time.
    I think the Plex are more for dl vapers but I'm MTL and it works fine for me. I did buy 4 boxes of the 1.6 as that's more toward my norm.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    What Brand(s) of concentrates? Brand can have a significant impact on percentage used.

Also, Luden's describes their Honey Licorice as: "menthol & honey."
    View attachment 809963

If that is truly the case I am not sure how fitting the Cool Mint might be (no idea which one you have; so I have no clue as to its flavor profile). If the mint is light, and it has a noticeable menthol note, it might work. Otherwise, or maybe even at the same time; try a second version using just plain menthol in place of the mint.

Also, I am not sure about a tobacco note. I have only used TFA's Black Honey (tobacco); and I found it to be less about "honey," and more like a sweet pipe(ish?) tobacco. A straight up honey concentrate may(?) get you closer.

If you are wanting more of a tobacco vape, that has Luden's Honey Licorice resemblance, then I think you are on the right track. But, if you are trying to get as close as you can to the true cough drop, I think there might be better (more appropriate?) concentrates to consider.

I am just spit-ballin' here. I haven't tasted a Luden's Honey Licorice lozenge (though I loved their original (honey) menthol). And, I am not sure what concentrates you are wanting to use. Nor am I certain how close to the real thing you are wanting to get. So, I could easily be completely wrong... again.:rolleyes:
    :laugh::D:laugh:
    Black licorice fw, Honeywood tobacco fw, cool mint cap

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    Black licorice fw, Honeywood tobacco fw, cool mint cap
    Okay... I haven't used any of those.

So, I am entirely talking out my nether regions here, but based on various reviews I would likely start with something like this:

-- Black Licorice (FW): 3% if I wanted it as my main note. Otherwise, 1.5-2% as a secondary. NOTE: important to shake this one up thoroughly before using. I saw a couple of mentions about it separating. And, may be part(?) of the comments saying it is weak, while others comment on how strong it is.

-- Honey Wood Tobacco (FW): This was a toughy! I could find very little detailed info on this one. From what little I did find; I would be inclined to start at 4%. It may need to go as high as 6% depending on how forward you want it.

-- Cool Mint (CAP): "mint" seems to definitely be the forward note here, with menthol being mostly an afterthought. I would start this one at 1-1.5% depending on how prominent you want the mint to be. For additional cooling, without more mint; I would consider adding extra menthol, or WS-23 if you don't like the menthol taste.

Again, this is nothing more than wild-arsed guessing, but it would be where I would start. :)

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I've used several of the .5 Plex Z coils, because one bunch of tanks I bought came with them installed. I don't like them as much as the .8 or 1.8 coils, but they're okay. I think they're different from the Plex3D coils that are supposed to be so wonderful, which come in a .48 version and are compatible with the Zenith (I wasn't sure, so I asked @Innokin_Joseph, and he said, yes, they are). I haven't tried one of those yet.

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Okay... I haven't used any of those.

So, I am entirely talking out my nether regions here, but based on various reviews I would likely start with something like this:

-- Black Licorice (FW): 3% if I wanted it as my main note. Otherwise, 1.5-2% as a secondary. NOTE: important to shake this one up thoroughly before using. I saw a couple of mentions about it separating. And, may be part(?) of the comments saying it is weak, while others comment on how strong it is.

-- Honey Wood Tobacco (FW): This was a toughy! I could find very little detailed info on this one. From what little I did find; I would be inclined to start at 4%. It may need to go as high as 6% depending on how forward you want it.

-- Cool Mint (CAP): "mint" seems to definitely be the forward note here, with menthol being mostly an afterthought. I would start this one at 1-1.5% depending on how prominent you want the mint to be. For additional cooling, without more mint; I would consider adding extra menthol, or WS-23 if you don't like the menthol taste.

Again, this is nothing more than wild-arsed guessing, but it would be where I would start. :)
    I'm going to give it a go, I'll add ws23 @.2%. Thanks
    black licorice 1.5%, honey tobacco 3%, cool mint 1%, ws23 .2%
    I'm not too fond of strong flavors, so I think I'll try this one.
    If I don't like it, it won't be the first one that I didn't like.

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Finally conquered the raspberry!

Been playing with PUR Raspberry, which is so juicy, plump and realistic tasting, but it was fading on me - or possibly muting at higher percentages.

Tried FA Raspberry (Berry) solo @2% - got florals and a 'just ripe' fresh, slightly tart raspberry taste. Didn't like the florals however.

Combined the two with 1% FA Raspberry and 3% PUR Raspberry - after a 3 day steep the florals are gone, and I've got a ripe, plump juicy raspberry that is perfect.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    I'm going to give it a go, I'll add ws23 @.2%. Thanks
    black licorice 1.5%, honey tobacco 3%, cool mint 1%, ws23 .2%
    I'm not too fond of strong flavors, so I think I'll try this one.
    If I don't like it, it won't be the first one that I didn't like.
    The numbers look reasonable to me. Maybe(?) a touch heavy on the licorice in relation to the others. But, if you are wanting a licorice forward profile, I think you are in good shape. I'll be curious what you think of it once you've had a chance to vape on it a while. I hope it at least gets you in the ballpark. I feel a bit complicit now.:blush: :D

Users who are viewing this thread