Random DIY mixing and More

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
What plum do you like best? @Skunk!
The only one I have is TFA Plum. People complained it wasn't sweet enough. Also one person said it was chalky. I didn't get the chalkiness personally. I did it with Pur ST. And I liked it a lot. It wasn't overly sweet. I also tried it on it's own but it wasn't that good by itself.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Taste is subjective but if folks don't think it's sweet enough that's good enough for me. Thanks:):)
Hope that helps. I don't care for oversweet juices myself. With pur ST i did it 6% PST 2% Plum. I want to try adding more to that recipe later. It's good and doesn't overpower the tobacco.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Been doing business with ECX a long time and I don't think they'd tamper with the re bottled flavors.

I wondered about it when I first started DIY and noticed that many vendors all carried TFA, CAP, FA, FW, etc., and on all of them...each flavoring kept its original manufacturer's brand name...whether they rebottled it or not. Then I ran across ECX and noticed that they called theirs "Signature" (Fa). It wasn't even Signature (TFA)...just (Fa). I wondered why they'd do that, when none of the others did it. I couldn't think of any possible reason why they wouldn't just use the TFA brand name, too...unless they couldn't, because it wasn't the original TFA flavoring any more. Only thing I could come up with was they called it "Signature" because it was their own Signature version of the TFA flavoring, but they couldn't even say that (maybe legally because of copyright issues), and used (Fa).

Just seems kind of odd to me, especially since no one else that I've run across does it, and they don't do it for the other well-known brands, too, (ie. CAPELLA could be "Capri" (Cap) or something, etc.).

I don't buy flavorings from them myself, for that reason and a couple others. So I don't know if they're the same. But IMO it's suspicious...ie. there's a reason it isn't, or can't be, called just TFA like on other websites.

Last edited:

sk25411

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2017
San Diego, California
OK,new question. It has come to my attention that I have Butter pecan in PUR and FW. Anybody have recipe suggestion,ideas or anything? I don't recall doing anything with them as yet.

I had Pur butter pecan, and it honestly doesn’t compare to FW. I really like Ry4D 6% and butter pecan 2%.

I’ve also done the same mix, and added some TFA pistachio. Also, a tiny bit of (any) cream/custard will work too.

I’d imagine FA Soho and butter pecan would also be delightful.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks.:) I don't like ry4d and not sure if I like Soho since I just did my first mix with it. For starts I can mix it with Hangsen Ry3 or Pur Sweet tobacco. Maybe use your suggestion of pistachio and or a bit of cream also.:)

@sk25411 How long should I steep the Soho?

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Last week I mixed 6 boosy flavors and the week before I mixed 6 boosy flavors. Haven't tried them all yet. Today I mixed an assortment of flavors.Some are out of my norm but been into trying new stuff lately.

It is funny that I don't drink at all but have become a boozy mixer. :D I love my Fizzy Sea Breeze and Fizzy Bay Breeze mixes - both are better after a few days steep. The Sea Breeze (grapefruit) was decent as a S&V, but turned into something rather wonderful after three days. The Bay Breeze (pineapple) needed the steep - the pineapple didn't show up much at all until day 3. The Gin Breeze also benefits from a few days sitting so that everything can blend and bloom. I am really enjoying these mixes. Can't wait to try the Champagne Pomegranate Sparkler - my other Pom should be here tomorrow. I want to make some very minor changes to the three I mentioned, try out the Sparkler, the Margarita, and a fabulous sounding Raspberry Fro-yo (booze-free), so hopefully, I can mix tomorrow evening. I am having some work done in the kitchen (should be finished tomorrow) so it is hard to mix during the day. I will let them all sit for at least three days and report back here. What a fun thread you started @FranC! Thank you!

Maybe I will start a bootleg juice line and call it "Dive Bar." LOL

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    FW blood orange is such a good one. Has the extra bite that natural blood oranges do. FA to me is just a good plain orange.

FW Blood Orange is the best, IMO. I actually prefer other citrus fruits to orange. LOVE FW's Ruby Red Grapefruit!!! Their Blood Orange is a winner too!

Pam, try quince for some juiciness in place of cactus. Strong flavor, .25% is a good starting point.

Thanks for the tip! I will try that. Also, have read that pear at .25% add juiciness. I wish that I didn't taste Aloe with the Cactus. I guess I am just one of those people. ;)

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    FW Blood Orange is the best, IMO. I actually prefer other citrus fruits to orange. LOVE FW's Ruby Red Grapefruit!!! Their Blood Orange is a winner though!

Thanks for the tip! I will try that. Also, have read that pear at .25% add juiciness. I wish that I didn't taste Aloe with the Cactus. I guess I am just one of those people. ;)
    I don't get juicy from pear but do use it to add a soft sweet note. I love pear forward juice.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    FLV Pink Guava has juiciness to it, so is great in a grapefruit mix. Also, it is magical to me - as long as you don't pick up banana like my son does. Some people pick up a strawberry note, some a pineapple note - I just get a flavorful grapefruit.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    FLV Pink Guava has juiciness to it, so is great in a grapefruit mix. Also, it is magical to me - as long as you don't pick up banana like my son does. Some people pick up a strawberry note, some a pineapple note - I just get a flavorful grapefruit.
    I really need to mix a single with the pink guava. I've just been adding a bit here and there to a few mixes. It plays very well with many flavors and is good in floral mixes.

Users who are viewing this thread