The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Have you ever tried Bitter Wizard?

• Like Like x 5
  2. barkfunklerbunk

barkfunklerbunk Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I'm melting out here on the lake, this rootbeer float juice is hitting the spot though. A real rootbeer would be even better.

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I've only made fresh (lacto-fermented) pickles. Love them. I probably won't get to make any this year, though, because the farm from which I buy my cukes seems to have suspended home deliveries. A tragic loss. I mourn.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 8
  4. Skeebo

Skeebo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    The strawberry jam and Ella's recipe go surprisingly well together. I am loving it.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Hi mixers. I'm not mixing today. This benzo taper suuuuuucks.

Mistakes I have made: killed off my coffee urn. The husband says it's probably fine. I don't think so. I was gonna get a French press but then I was like "I would need an electric kettle with a timer on it.

I can't tell you how many Mr. Coffees I have bought over the years. Like, some my mom kept giving away, because I would need to go house sit for her and whatnot. Finally I got one where I wrote in indelible ink on the side, "If you give this away, I will kill you Mom."

But I killed it in the apartment in Sierra Vista.

I figured I would be super smart and try a Black and Decker.

One should not approach a coffee pot right before bed, I was pulling the thing out of there but it was upside down and the shattered remnants of the pot are STILL on the floor although I will, yes, perhaps do some sweeping today. HOWEVER, that sucked last night. It did not inspire me to set the timer and I was busy like, shoving water through it with bowl to catch it that does not work well and it's been DAYS since I have had coffee without grounds in it.

I bet a stupid new pot is like, as much as the machine, and I REFUSE to go to Walmart again today, I don't feel right. Also, it SUCKS. Also I fell asleep on the couch from about 6--10 am and I have NO CLUE why and whether doing the FINAL crossover is like, good or bad.

I mean, everyone knows I am having med issues and they aren't being obnoxious (well, except for like, evil ADA lady, I don't like her much) but STILL if I can't get to work tomorrow, well, I am then unpaid, officially.

Sigh. Also I have built my V4 exovaep again with a beautiful 0.91 coil and I am going to shove SO MUCH wick in there, but I'm waiting a bit. I don't want to cry. LOL.

Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
  6. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    What is this Ella's shortbread I keep reading about here? I looked for it on AtF but didn't find it. On ELR, I saw various takes on Ella's Shortbread Biscuit but not the original. I'm brain-dead today, though, so I could easily have missed it.

• Like Like x 4
  7. WhiteHighlights

WhiteHighlights Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    A while ago I was on a similar search. I found on ELR that some recipes have a little button at the bottom that says 'adapted from this recipe'. I followed the crumbs back!
    I think this was the original.

posted on ELR by VHM

Acetyle Pyrazine 5% (TPA) .5%
    Biscuit (INW) 1.5%
    Vanilla Shisha (INW) 1%
    Sugar Cookie (CAP) 4%
    Vanilla Custard (CAP) 2%

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes, and none of the sour/bitter additives have ever worked well for me. If I can find a tart flavor that fits in a recipe that does work much better.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Just got back from the movies. I don't have any more foreseeable company so I'm going to look through everything I have for recipes again. I'm hoping to find a few I actually have hopes of liking.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Do you have no one that would bring you there?

• Like Like x 4
  11. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I hope you get your pickles. And your recipe.

I STUFFED my v4 Exo FULL of rayon and it is working Awesome with 1/2 of one JFC thing open. I really like it.

I don't get why you have to stuff a TOP air RTA full of wick, but if you do that with a BOTTOM air one, it's all hell and leaking to kingdom come. This makes not sense, but it's okay I don't need sense really.

WIN! The bag surrounding the coffee pot contained all the glass. I'm gonna pick out the plastic shell and see what I can do about McGuyvering something. Suggestions welcome.

This does have all the hallmarks of potential disaster. I can admit it. I might still try.

Annna

• Like Like x 5
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. Skeebo

Skeebo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    I only do Bunn coffee makers. I like the one with the reserve tank on the back. It doesn't have an automatic feature, however it can dump a 10 cup pot in under 3 minutes. They require a little quarterly maintenance, but I swear the coffee taste better out of one.

• Like Like x 4
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    For coffee makers, I've been buying Cuisinart From years. My current one is 5-6 years old.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. rosesense

rosesense ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Goodwill/thrift stores usually have spare pots, might find one that works for you.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I have one of these at work and really like it. No pot to break.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-BrewStation-12-Cup-Dispensing-Coffeemaker-with-Removable-Water-Reservoir-Model-47900/21130091?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222228015575531&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=40345160072&wl4=pla-78310194992&wl5=9023259&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=21130091&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIgOyU0JLR4wIVBJ6fCh1KWAp3EAQYAiABEgKgIPD_BwE

• Like Like x 4
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    My youngest gd's very best friend was in a car accident this morning on the interstate. TT truck towing half a house passed a car. The house sideswiped the car and it spun out in front of the friends' car and she hit him head-on. So lucky she only got minor injuries. The car that got hit twice looks like a mangled pile of metal but the guy is alive and in the hospital.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 6
    • Love Love x 3
  17. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I like cuisanart also. The one I have at home has a grinder built in but you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to. It also has a filter.

• Like Like x 6
  18. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
  19. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've been vaping a Berry Shortbread I mixed back in Nov. I'm liking this one a lot. I've vaped more than half a 30ml bottle already. When I get around to doing a remix it might get another 30ml.Bottle. The recipe is posted in this thread.

• Like Like x 6
  20. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I got interrupted by eating and now I have to get back to looking through recipes. So far I have 3 in the running.

• Like Like x 6