Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have never tried flavorah due to cost but just discovered a great sale on some of them at ecx so I got a few along with another liter of nic, just in case.

If anyone needs any nic, it is about 31.00 liter with the code savingmoney. The code applies to the flavorah in the sale section also.
    There are some very good FLV flavors and you don’t use much so they go along way.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I emailed Jac vapour and they responded already and said that the sandstorm is discontinued and they will be coming out with a black unit next. I think I read that it's 23mm. Is the 23mm what size tank fits on it? I saw that they used to have a 25mm in the sandstorm.
    No clue

Reactions: NolaMel

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    There are some very good FLV flavors and you don’t use much so they go along way.
    I was ok paying about 1.50 per bottle instead of over 5.00. Call me cheap in some things.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Man, I hate to have floors done. I remember refinishing some, installing some new and new carpets. 7 bedroom house and it was a nightmare moving all that stuff.
    I can’t even imagine that. 3 rooms is bad enough.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I emailed Jac vapour and they responded already and said that the sandstorm is discontinued and they will be coming out with a black unit next. I think I read that it's 23mm. Is the 23mm what size tank fits on it? I saw that they used to have a 25mm in the sandstorm.
    Yes, the Sandstorm came in both 23mm and 25mm. I'm not surprised they discontinued the Sandstorm. Sounds like they are semi going back to the original Series-B. They were always a compact mod and the 25mm seemed a little large for their niche. The original black Series-B was 22mm. Looks like the new version takes a middle of the road approach. If it is made in the same spirit as the original Series-B and the Sandstorm it will be a very good mod.

Everyone is different, but I do not like the atty overhanging the mod. I don't have a problem with the atty being smaller than the mod but the other way around is unsightly to me. Again, just me. I have a lot of 22mm atties so the JAC 23mm works. My original black Series-B and Sandstorm is perfectly fine for all my 22mm atties.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I was ok paying about 1.50 per bottle instead of over 5.00. Call me cheap in some things.

I always cringe a little when I buy a FLV flavor but it's not too bad buying them one at a time. Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I went ahead and grabbed a couple extras of ones I have and a few that I don't.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I'm sampling Pop's Chocolate Cookie recipe this morning. It tastes like a chocolate cookie. Go figure.

It is very tolerable. A little on the cakie side but I think I have something to work with here. I'm going to tweak it using a little less double chocolate, a little more milk chocolate, and definitely less sugar cookie to get that cakiness tempered down. Good start though. Happy! :)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'm sampling Pop's Chocolate Cookie recipe this morning. It tastes like a chocolate cookie. Go figure.

It is very tolerable. A little on the cakie side but I think I have something to work with here. I'm going to tweak it using a little less double chocolate, a little more milk chocolate, and definitely less sugar cookie to get that cakiness tempered down. Good start though. Happy! :)

Maybe drop the sugar cookie a little and add some FA cookie if you have it.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

I ended up piffing my Sugar Cookie, way too sweet for mr.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Maybe drop the sugar cookie a little and add some FA cookie if you have it.
    What's the difference? Is FA cookie less sweet? Unfortunately, I don't have it.

I ended up piffing my Sugar Cookie, way too sweet for mr.
    Yeah, seems the sugar cookie is a bit too sweet n cakey for me too. It makes up 4% of this recipe (almost 30% of the flavorings). I like that it gives it some heft but it's a bit too much. My first tweak cuts the sugar cookie in half. I keep the brown sugar constant. The double chocolate is cut in half and the milk chocolate increased by 50% (the chocolate component is just slightly too dark). I have a fairly good idea where I want to go so we'll see if this brings it closer. Just need it to be less cakey and just a tad brighter. Might have to cut the brown sugar just a little but don't want to change up too much and lose track of how these flavors are impacting the end result. I can always cut the brown sugar on the next tweak if it doesn't brighten up enough. It's only 2% now.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

Yeah, seems the sugar cookie is a bit too sweet n cakey for me too. It makes up 4% of this recipe (almost 30% of the flavorings). I like that it gives it some heft but it's a bit too much. My first tweak cuts the sugar cookie in half. I keep the brown sugar constant. The double chocolate is cut in half and the milk chocolate increased by 50% (the chocolate component is just slightly too dark). I have a fairly good idea where I want to go so we'll see if this brings it closer. Just need it to be less cakey and just a tad brighter. Might have to cut the brown sugar just a little but don't want to change up too much and lose track of how these flavors are impacting the end result. I can always cut the brown sugar on the next tweak if it doesn't brighten up enough. It's only 2% now.
    Sounds to me like you have some good ideas

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Sounds to me like you have some good ideas
    Flavor is a huge factor, but feel (texture) is too. I guess what I mean by feel is the heaviness of the e-liquid. To me, cake is heavy. So is custard and cheesecake. Don't misunderstand, there is nothing wrong with heaviness. In fact, it is a good thing. But it has to be the right amount. Too much or too little is not good and is just as important as the flavor itself. A good example is a chocolate chip cookie. Most recipes (bakery recipes) use brown sugar and white sugar at 50/50. Brown sugar is too heavy and white sugar is too light. At 50/50, they get it just right. All the sweetness, all the flavor, and none of the candy feel.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009

Yes, the Fa cookie is less sweet and will add more of a crunchy cookie feel to it. I'm not very good at explaining flavors but I would think that lowering the sugar cookie to 2% and maybe 1-2% Fa cookie would help balance it and make it less sweet. Also, speaking from personal experience, I would only change one thing at a time. I've had times where recipes really get away from me from changing too many things at once.

Users who are viewing this thread