hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Nah, My tolerance for booze is high even though I don’t hardly drink anymore. Wine is way at the light end of the booze scale

I hardly ever drink either but when we did a tour of a local brewery, I really enjoyed it.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I’m getting in tons of new flavors. How would one go about keeping up with all this so I don’t repurchase something I’ve already got? How do you all keep up with it? Do you have a system?

I use elr and enter all my flavors and recipes. I also keep a spreadsheet on my computer that lists flavor, brand, case number and bin location in that case.

Beat me to it :)

I live in Ohio but sadly have not been there in my adult life. It's one of Ohio's greatest attractions, a big hole in the ground hahaha! :lol::lol:

Butte, Montana

uptown-butte.jpg

Well, she's the self described wood getter, I presume to keep the still going. :)
    Don’t tell me you’re used to drinking out of a mason jar.

Reactions: hittman

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I just mixed my first ever DIY juice and have a question. Why would my juice have a strange spitback that the juice I based it on vaped from the same atty on the same mod at the same power never has?

The juice I was imitating is Vapetasia Killer Kustard - my all day vape for years.

Here is my DIY recipe based on an online recipe (I made a small 30ml sample as a tester):
    VG 20ml
    PG 7.5ml
    Nic 0.9ml (100mg/ml 100 percent PG)

Vanilla Custard (Capella) 1.5ml
    Bavarian Cream (TFA) 0.3ml
    Cotton Candy (TFA) 0.3ml
    Sweetener (Flavor West) 0.15ml

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    I just mixed my first ever DIY juice and have a question. Why would my juice have a strange spitback that the juice I based it on vaped from the same atty on the same mod at the same power never has?

The juice I was imitating is Vapetasia Killer Kustard - my all day vape for years.

Here is my DIY recipe based on an online recipe (I made a small 30ml sample as a tester):
    VG 20ml
    PG 7.5ml

Cotton Candy (TFA) 0.3ml

I don't know about the original recipe, but I know that the VG/PG ratio can affect that. Check what the pg/vg on the original bottle was, then try to match it in your clone recipe and see if that helps.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    I don't know about the original recipe, but I know that the VG/PG ratio can affect that. Check what the pg/vg on the original bottle was, then try to match it in your clone recipe and see if that helps.
    It's 70/30 same as the original

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    If it's the same ratio, idk. Try changing the wattage up or down and see if that makes a difference. Shake that diy eliquid up really good to make sure it's blended well. Other than that, I'm stumped. Someone should be along soon to add to my limited knowledge.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Your recipe needs to equal 100%. Just at a glance I estimate your count on the pg side to be off almost 1 ml. Flavors unless specified otherwise is counted as pg. That does throw things off a bit.
    Also make sure it is well mixed. Did this need a steep or is it shake and vape?

Last edited:

fgarvin

Apr 25, 2015

VG 20ml
    PG 7.5ml

Cotton Candy (TFA) 0.3ml

Based on your flavor ml, this should be the proper recipe for 70/30.

pigs.PNG

Last edited:

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    If it's the same ratio, idk. Try changing the wattage up or down and see if that makes a difference. Shake that diy eliquid up really good to make sure it's blended well. Other than that, I'm stumped. Someone should be along soon to add to my limited knowledge.
    Thanks - I've shaken well and often and I've left the juice to steep for about 10 days so far.

The mod's power isn't an issue because it's exactly the same setup as the one I've been running with the retail juice.

I've noticed since I first posted that the spitback has decreased a bit. Maybe there was some tiny amount of water mixed in. I'm not sure but I'm very careful with everything I do and I don't think it's something obvious.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Based on your flavor ml, this should be the proper recipe for 70/30.

View attachment 844383
    Thanks. Based on that it looks like I've added more PG than I should have. I really appreciate you making the effort to post that chart.

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Your recipe needs to equal 100%. Just at a glance I estimate your count on the pg side to be off almost 1 ml. Flavors unless specified otherwise is counted as pg. That does throw things off a bit.
    Also make sure it is well mixed. Did this need a steep or is it shake and vape?
    Thanks. It's been well shaken and mixed. All my custard doublers (double strength juice that needs PG/VG and nic added. An Australian way of getting around our laws) in the past have needed at least a week or 2 of steeping.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Thanks - I've shaken well and often and I've left the juice to steep for about 10 days so far.

The mod's power isn't an issue because it's exactly the same setup as the one I've been running with the retail juice.

I've noticed since I first posted that the spitback has decreased a bit. Maybe there was some tiny amount of water mixed in. I'm not sure but I'm very careful with everything I do and I don't think it's something obvious.
    Spitback is often caused by too little cotton in your wrap. Too much ejuice sitting on top of coil just getting hot but not really turning into vapor. Are you building your own coils? Or do you use drop in coils? :)

Last edited:

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    Spitback is often caused by too little cotton in your wrap. Are you building your own coils? Or do you use drop in coils? :)
    I never use drop in coils. I'm an experienced builder and as I said in my OP it's exactly the same setup in all respects with builds/atty/mod that weren't giving a hint of spitback. I understand the relationship and fine balance between too much cotton / muted flavour and not enough cotton/ gurgling and spitback. This is not the case here.

Users who are viewing this thread