The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I'm not a Virginian fan. Tends to be too grassy for my tastes. And I completely agree about the cigar flavors not being ADVs. They never were for me either. But the reason they are not ADVs is because they are dry. Dryness gets old quick even though the flavor might be good. This is why I blend bakery/citrus with those dry cigar NETs. It makes them much more durable. So for blending purposes, this is why I am looking for a straight up, mild/pleasant tobacco flavor. Of all the ones I have vaped over the years, I find cigar (and especially Havana types) to fit that profile the best. And while I prefer the cased pipe NETs the most, I'm relegated to THEIR flavors. So my approach with DIY is to go with the straight up cigar NETs and adding my preferred flavors to give them endurance.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Clay (you may remember him as Carbon Thief back in the good ole Army days) offers tobacco extracts. His shop is called NET.com. He has a very deep menu too. But his prices are very expensive.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  3. firechick

firechick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Our bow season is either sex, then comes shotgun/rifle/crossbow, and the season ends with muzzleloader. Bows can be used in all, crossbows only during gun seasons......NY is weird.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I found three. I should not be allowed to have couch, I should be made to sit on the floor I think.

LOL.

Anna

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Oooh I hear the mowing of our grass. The husband paid some guy who was mowing the police officer's like, to do it. 100 bucks but we have two yards. Long story.

I think the contractor is going to his head, he is like, "I can pay people to do things!" I would object but it's so high and terrible (I am happy to mow grass but not with a weedwacker, which is how the husband has been doing it. I think he bought a lawn mower like so now it's on me, sigh.)

Well I get it. I have a cold now (I got the flu vaccine it's just a cold) and if I could pay someone to do my notes right now I would. I'm not doing them. I am also gonna learn how to make them shorter. I also don't have the internet access I need because like, the jetpack was incorrectly told by me by the husband to use it and now it is out of data. I TOLD Him.

Next week is gonna suck. I made the "deep" decision to go get glasses only I live nowhere now, and all the glasses places were booked. They were like, "we can give you a maybe appointment sometime in the far distant future next month." Like they were doing me a FAVOR.

Maybe I wait to go see my pdoc and go THEN because like, as far as I'm concerned buying glasses online ns INSANE. I mean, some even have this fake "insert a picture and like we will "place" the glasses on you," but that's not the POINT. Yes, I need to look fabulous, obviously (not gonna happen) but that does not even SLIGHTLY tell you what it is going to feel like. I might have to go to Tucson. I refuse to leave the bridge of my nose to CHANCE. Bah.

Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Stick Mixx may have to wait. Just made a large order at ecigexpress with their 25% off coupon flavourart25. Great sale for some flavors I’ve been wanting to try.

:vapor:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. *RJ*

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    Oh yeah I remember him! And I faintly remember him getting into the NET business. Cool!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Muzzleloader season is the first here. And I live next to a large expanse of state property where hunting is allowed. Gotta wear orange in November and December when I go outside.

Clay has had his problems (marital, health, and others). But he's still hanging in there I guess. His customer feedback is poor but he keeps getting orders out from what I hear.

• Like Like x 5
  9. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    And I already have them mixed (10%). Hurry up and wait. :)

IMG_1305 (Phone).JPEG

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
  10. *RJ*

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I’m having an internal server error when I go to net.com. I’ll try later. I hate that for him. I remember his health issues and marital issues. Seems so long ago.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  11. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    • Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. CMD-Ky

CMD-Ky Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    At your age? Go for it.
    :lol:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I have a Honeydew sft and it's pink. Can't ever say I've seen pink juice before. Maybe it's female.

Honeydew this, honeydew that.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    And even if it kills me, what's the loss? :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. firechick

firechick Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 24, 2009
    Upstate New York
    Our Valley is full of State hunting land as well. I have a fawn colored boxer who wears a bright yellow jacket when she goes outside and we never let her out alone. Some of the locals are sketchy, but the folks who come down from the big city to hunt on the state land are downright scary. There have been instances of small livestock getting shot.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  16. *RJ*

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SP013

SP013 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2019
    Warsaw, Poland
    Was looking at my flavor stock and just something which seemed logical and its already lovely after a day steeping + 1 hour breathing with cap off.
    Mixed at 75vg, 3mg/ml

3% Vanilla custard v2 (CAP)
    3% Graham Cracker clear (TPA)
    3% Bavarian cream (TPA)

Not sure if such recipe already exists, but Will call it Cinamon Custard Cookie, thats what it tastes like.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Just hit a section of this thread where you all were talking about how to organize flavors, and it made me wonder yet again about people who have so many bottles of nail polish that they need cases to store them in.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I don't know if you're trying these straight up before adding flavors, but I find they really only need 1 day with vg. It changes just a little after that for a few weeks, but I wouldn't necessarily say it's for better or worse. In fact, I kind of think a couple of the nuanced notes might disappear after a month or so.

With a single ingredient like this, not really chemically created, I haven't found anything magic happens with "steeping" a NET extract. I started at 6%, tried up to 8% to see if I liked it better, but that was a little much for me, so I'm back down to 6, and it's plenty for me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  20. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Yes, they are sfts. I want to nail down a tobacco that fits my needs. Once I've done that then I will use it for blending with other non-tobacco flavors. Good news on the quick steeping. I was planning a two week steep but maybe I can shorten that. Thanks.

• Like Like x 4