The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Myk

Myk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    Riding in his truck my brother says, "Seriously? Cotton Candy?"
    It was strawberry-peach.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    My 9yo cousin thinks all my juices smell like cotton candy and I don't use cc in anything .

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @PJReid. Fizzy Bay Breeze recipe?

• Like Like x 2
  4. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @sk25411 Thanks for the info on the Soho. I will let it steep long time:)

• Like Like x 2
  5. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have 8 flavors sitting on my BCF wishlist which includes a 30ml size of FW Pink Champagne. Not to mention the grapefruit,Blood orange,Quince etc. Oh.and the plum. Bigger bottle of TFA Champagne. Woe is me.:lol: Just when I thought I had it all.......Just when I thought I had it all organized

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  6. Possum64

Possum64 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hello @FranC! Love your thread. Have already picked up some good ideas from you and others. Two of those double sided (nail polish) storage boxes arrived the other day. This weekend I am definitely going to get my flavours sorted:yawn:
    But I must remember to make room for the dozen or so flavours I have on order.....:w00t:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @Possum64 It's so futile,Catherine......LOL. I thought I'd provided extra spaces in my Liquor section (case). It's full and I'll have more coming. If I can't make room for the champagnes in the case maybe I can do an overflow section in my drawer divider.....LOL

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Possum64

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    That it is! Good intentions will go out the window quickly I am sure. I am going to try a white chocolate with a couple of drops of spearmint mix this weekend. It is a tweek on one of your ideas I read early on in this thread.

• Like Like x 4
  9. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I hope that works out good for you.:) I can't vape spearmint. Don't like it at all but I can eat it just fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  10. NatashaTMT

NatashaTMT Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I haven’t played around much with my plums yet. I have enjoyed INW smoked plum though. I don’t remember if it’s been mentioned yet here in the “plum” discussion. IMO it’s fun to mix with being that it’s a bit different. There is definitely, but not overly done, sweetness IMO. Especially not used in a mix. ATF notes...
    By: Chrisdvr1 Score: 90/100 Solo: 2.0% Mix: 2.0% Steep: 2 days Difficulty: 90/100
    Sweet & sour plum flavoring with a light hint of smoke, giving it Contrast and just the right amount of sour to set off sweet notes. This one definitely has umami sweet savory and delicious.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  11. Possum64

Supporting member
    Sep 25, 2017
    Brisbane, Australia
    Oh dear! Thanks for the tip. I haven't vaped spearmint yet. Hope it is ok. Love the taste, but I will be sure to start out with a tiny bit then. Can always add more....:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have a really bad habit of seeing a recipe or recipes idea and grabbing whatever little piece of paper my hand reaches first. I just found 3 recipes crammed onto one little torn off piece of pad page. They need a bit of tweaking but.....more to mix.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Taste is subjective. You will probably like it. Lots of people do. The only mint I can vape is peppermint.

• Like Like x 3
  14. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have another strange question. Has anyone mixed with cucumber? I could never imagine mixing with such a flavor but I came across a recipe that actually sounded very good. I have the cucumber on my wishlist but I can't find the dang recipe.

• Like Like x 3
  15. NatashaTMT

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    Yes but the recipe was a request and nothing I’d ever vape. It was disgusting IMO. To each their own though. It’s a Cloud 9 by Bang Vapor clone... cucumber, mint, mojito and lime. I can see the cucumber working well in other mixes though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Guess I don't need the cucumber since I can't find the dang recipe. Unless of course someone has such a recipe? I have a few recipes to tweak to my liking.

I bought Cap Cereal 27 for a recipe a while back. I just found the recipe on my wee bit of paper. My tweaked version as follows

Hazelnut Cereal Bites

Cap Cereal 27 4%
    WF Hazelnut and Cream 3%
    TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 1%
    INW Vanilla Cream .5%
    FW Salted Caramel .3%

• Useful Useful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks for the warning....LOL. The recipe I found looked good but I haven't found it yet.

• Like Like x 3
  18. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    @PJReid Any opinion on TFA Kentucky Bourbon? I only have a wee bottle and wonder if should should add a bigger one to my wishlist.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NatashaTMT

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    I saved this recipe a few months ago but haven’t tried it myself yet. I think it shows cucumber can be bent and used several ways at least...

By: Choose27
    I didn't think I would like a cucumber vape but I tried Cape Fear - Lumina a while back without reading the profile and it was awesome. I tried TFA and FA cucumber but they tasted weird to me but CAP's Cucumber was perfect. Here is the recipe:

Cape Fear Lumina Clone
    * CAP Cucumber 2%
    * TPA Key Lime 3%
    * TPA Toasted Marshmallow 1.5%

You could probably use CAP New Marshmallow instead of Toasted or any of the marshmallows really but the TPA Toasted Marshmallow was the best for this mix for me. I don't remember the steep time but when it turns a reddish amber color and smells amazing its ready.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. NatashaTMT

Feb 14, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    @FranC I know sweet doesn’t work for you but perhaps this’ll give you some idea

• Like Like x 2