Random DIY mixing and More

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
Not much of a review. I finally somewhat set up the lost vape Orion Plus today so just some preliminary info. I am using the coil that came in the kit which I believe is the 0.25 ohm in power mode. I have not tried the 0.5 ohm coil in the kit and I think may be the flavor coil. I have not downloaded escribe or whatever it is called.

All five power levels can be used with the 0.25 coil. I am up to the fourth level now. Not sure what the wattage ranges are for each level other than I do find it to be a cooler vape the higher I go. The recommendation for the 0.5 ohm coil is level 1 or 2.

Using 70VG wicking is good and so is flavor. Same air flow adjustment like the other Orions which I like. In my Orion Quest, I have used 50VG up to 70VG. I have not tried any tobaccos yet so no idea how the coils will do. Being under five feet I tend to use small handbags so the Orion is the perfect fit for me.

I will try to update the longer I use the Plus.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I’m proud to say that after vaping mostly commercial juices including Dinner Lady Lemon Tart and Killer Kustard for the last 2 weeks that my custard mixes are MUCH better lol!! Seriously, these are bland and the Lemon Tart has no hint of lemon that I can taste.

Unfortunately it looks like I’ll be vaping pre made juices for awhile yet as it’s too uncomfortable for me to sit or stand for any length of time to mix my own juices due to my recently repaired fractured hip.

All is not bad though. I found at least one commercial juice that I love called Koi by Gemini vape juice. It’s really different and delicious. I actually order a couple of bottles of it on sale at MVS.

But I am looking forward to start mixing my own juices again. I enjoy the entire process of looking through recipes, picking out the ones I want to make and then start mixing! It’s a great distraction from anxiety or depression since if I’m not focused I make sometimes irreparable mistakes and makes for a great hobby for someone who is disabled and has a lot of time on their hands alone.

Then the feeling of accomplishment. Hopefully in a month or so I’ll be able to sit in a chair long enough to make a couple of my own mixes.

and thank you to all who offered premade commercial juices that I can vape until then especially since I vape between 25 to 35 mls a day. So thank you!!

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning, random folks.:) Have you any plans for today? The guy showed up for the tools so I can pay my dd back for my cabinet and I think I may get the 4ml Zlide. Not sure why I want it but does that matter? I was trying to figure out why I'm so broke and then I remembered the vacation we just went on. Oh well, the first of the month is coming and I will have a little spending money again. I think the vaca was worth it, I kinda wanted to see Tennesee. I'm still recovering from it....LOL.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    Not much of a review. I finally somewhat set up the Lost Vape Orion Plus today...
    Using 70VG wicking is good and so is flavor.

Glad that they seemed to have made those pods better. I have the Orion Q and I love how their look & size, but the pods BLOW! Tried thinning out the cotton on one and it's better, but I have to wait way to long to hit it again or else it starts tasting burnt. The mixes that I use it are 50/50. I hope they fix the Q pods, because I never use the OQ anymore because of them. Anyone test those clones/improved pods for the Q?

Life has become inconvenient for me lately. My 22 year old car needs an inspection, but I have a sensor that needs replacing before it will pass. Mechanic says the sensor has nothing to do with how it runs, so I've been putting it off for a few years, as the 'service engine' light has been going off intermittently and I've been able to get my inspections while it was off. Now the light never goes out anymore, so I will now need a repair of a few hundred dollars, which my wallet is not quite ready for. With November around the corner, Christmas will be here before I know it.... Not only am I NOT READY for that, but now I'm stranded at home on the weekends, while my husband is at work with his car! :eek:

Last edited:

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 13, 2014
    I’m proud to say that after vaping mostly commercial juices including Dinner Lady Lemon Tart and Killer Kustard for the last 2 weeks that my custard mixes are MUCH better lol!! Seriously, these are bland and the Lemon Tart has no hint of lemon that I can taste.

Unfortunately it looks like I’ll be vaping pre made juices for awhile yet as it’s too uncomfortable for me to sit or stand for any length of time to mix my own juices due to my recently repaired fractured hip.

All is not bad though. I found at least one commercial juice that I love called Koi by Gemini vape juice. It’s really different and delicious. I actually order a couple of bottles of it on sale at MVS.

But I am looking forward to start mixing my own juices again. I enjoy the entire process of looking through recipes, picking out the ones I want to make and then start mixing! It’s a great distraction from anxiety or depression since if I’m not focused I make sometimes irreparable mistakes and makes for a great hobby for someone who is disabled and has a lot of time on their hands alone.

Then the feeling of accomplishment. Hopefully in a month or so I’ll be able to sit in a chair long enough to make a couple of my own mixes.

and thank you to all who offered premade commercial juices that I can vape until then especially since I vape between 25 to 35 mls a day. So thank you!!

Could not agree more — my own DIY mixes are the best. DLLT heyday passed several years ago. There is still a big fan club for it and there is nothing wrong with that. I do not remember the last time I had any though. Everyone has been generous and especially friends, family and even strangers with their support — juice or no juice :thumb:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Glad they they seemed to have made those pods better. I have the Orion Q and I love how their look & size, but the pods BLOW! Tried thinning out the cotton on one and it's better, but I have to wait way to long to hit it again or else it starts tasting burnt. The mixes that I use it are 50/50. I hope they fix the Q pods, because I never use the OQ anymore because of them. Anyone test those clone/improved pods for the Q?

Life has become inconvenient for me lately. My 22 year old car needs an inspection, but I have a sensor that needs replacing before it will pass. Mechanic says the sensor has nothing to do with how it runs, so I've been putting it off for a few years, as the 'service engine' light has been going off intermittently and I've been able to get my inspections while it was off. Now the light never goes out anymore, so I will now need a repair of a few hundred dollars, which my wallet is not quite ready for. With November around the corner, Christmas will be here before I know it.... Not only am I NOT READY for that, but now I'm stranded at home on the weekends, while my husband is at work with his car! :eek:
    I definitely hear you on the Christmas around the corner thing. I've been aware that I can't handle the cost all at once so I started picking up things here and there with tool sales the extra I have from renting my house.
    Been watching for good sales. They pop up every now and then.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 13, 2014
    Glad that they seemed to have made those pods better. I have the Orion Q and I love how their look & size, but the pods BLOW! Tried thinning out the cotton on one and it's better, but I have to wait way to long to hit it again or else it starts tasting burnt. The mixes that I use it are 50/50. I hope they fix the Q pods, because I never use the OQ anymore because of them. Anyone test those clone/improved pods for the Q?

No issues with the authentic Q pods. I do not trim the wicks. I
    let sit for 15 minutes or so. Turn off the air flow and take a few dry hits. Flavor is good for me with air flow open.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Could not agree more — my own DIY mixes are the best. DLLT heyday passed several years ago. There is still a big fan club for it and there is nothing wrong with that. I do not remember the last time I had any though. Everyone has been generous and especially friends, family and even strangers with their support — juice or no juice :thumb:
    I'm just hoping you recover your taste for lemon.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2013
    New York City
    Whoops, almost forgot... My $20 Rose Gold Kanger Subox kit arrived recently, so I'll be playing with that while the 'Vape Nazi' takes my son to his guitar lessons tonight.... :sneaky:

EDIT: Damn, lesson has been canceled... Saturday then! ;)

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Whoops, almost forgot... My $20 Rose Gold Kanger Subox kit arrived recently, so I'll be playing with that while the 'Vape Nazi' takes my son to his guitar lessons tonight.... :sneaky:
    Make sure you don't let the vape nazi see that. I have a rosegold mini Crown Tank. Like the color.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    When I was still in my home I had all my flavor cases in my kitchen cabinet and much counter space to use for mixing. It was very convenient. I had planned to mix on the kitchen counter here but that would mean hauling everything to the kitchen which is a PITA to me. Therefore I have planned to mix in my room using the bureau for a mixing station. I will just have to find something to put down in case of any spills. Any ideas?
    All my flavor cases are finally together and out of sight which is great. My scale and base mix is in the closet easy to get to. The top of my bureau is less cluttered now which should make things more pleasant for mixing.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    When I was still in my home I had all my flavor cases in my kitchen cabinet and much counter space to use for mixing. It was very convenient. I had planned to mix on the kitchen counter here but that would mean hauling everything to the kitchen which is a PITA to me. Therefore I have planned to mix in my room using the bureau for a mixing station. I will just have to find something to put down in case of any spills. Any ideas?
    All my flavor cases are finally together and out of sight which is great. My scale and base mix is in the closet easy to get to. The top of my bureau is less cluttered now which should make things more pleasant for mixing.
    Plastic tablecloth, fabric shower curtain, placemats.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I need something on the smaller size. A placemat is a good idea. Hadn't thought of that one. Ty:wub:
    You can also cut a cheap plastic tablecloth or shower curtain to size. Cost like 2 bucks or so.

Users who are viewing this thread