Random DIY mixing and More

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Need some help from one of you expert chocolate juice connoisseurs. Bear with me.

So I thought of doing some DIY forensics. As some of you know, I vape basically one flavor. It's been my ADV/EDV for 7+ years and I like it as much or more today than ever. I seriously doubt I would still be vaping if not for my beloved ADV. I don't expect to ever duplicate it. I'm realistic. But I would at least like to get in the neighborhood. It's a NET and I am positive (without question) there is a chocolate component in it as well (a strong component too). When I receive this flavor from the vendor it is a very light amber. Just like you see with your typical Mid Americas NET (Central America, northern South America, Carribean, etc.). They also tend to be light amber. Even with my ADV the tobacco flavor is weak, just like these Mid America NETS. So I'm fairly certain my ADV has one of these NETs in it. That's why I went with Stixx Mixx because he has a number of these types of NETs. So I have this part figured out.

Next is to figure out that chocolate component. Geez, there are countless chocolates out there. I have 10 chocolate sfts about the same age as my ADV. The thing with my ADV (and many e-juice flavors for that matter) is it changes colors. Within a few weeks my ADV becomes darker and oranger (medium/dark amber). So I took out all my chocolate sfts and held them next to my ADV. Seven of the 10 chocolates were no where near the same color. Three of the 10 were very close. So I'm guessing whatever chocolate is common to these three is likely what is in my ADV. The three chocolates are:

Chocolate Chunks (WF)
Double Chocolate Clear (TFA)
Chocolate (INW).

The seven that were nowhere near close are:

Chocolate (TFA)
Chocolate Base Clear (VTA)
Chocolate Mousse (VTA)
Double Chocolate Dark (TFA)
Milk Chocolate (TFA)
White Chocolate (RF)
Cocoa SC (WF)

Is there a type of chocolate common to these three that are close in color to my ADV? Any thoughts here?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Damn it this thread moves SO fast, like, I can't keep up. Which is probably good keeps my flavor count semi rational,

I LOATHE flavors and one shots that are named "Country Foxhole" and "Leomandoanl Cosmic with Moony Vanilla."

It's just not ALWAY the "looking it up" although that part SUCKS.; It's also the names themselves too, it's like you don't label it's "Flavor" and your dead meat. You are staring at Country foxhole going, "Okay is that the taste of the dead fox, or the warm delicious eggs he ate as he was like, being chased."

And then you hurl.

LOL I had my first zombie day at work, man and I sucked. Fortunately I am SILGHTLY more equipped to handle it except one of my LIGAMENTS hurts and I was already hurting but who knows. Maybe it's all this WALKING from patient to patient not the SINGLE dose of like death abx I took. I decided since I got home at SIX to take it as a sign non to do yoga, dude.

I save so much money by working. The husband was not picking up, here' s hope he's late, not dead (contracts may have IDK done SOMETHING.'

I left him the message. "Hi... Uh late I guess." That is true love for you.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Need some help from one of you expert chocolate juice connoisseurs. Bear with me.

So I thought of doing some DIY forensics. As some of you know, I vape basically one flavor. It's been my ADV/EDV for 7+ years and I like it as much or more today than ever. I seriously doubt I would still be vaping if not for my beloved ADV. I don't expect to ever duplicate it. I'm realistic. But I would at least like to get in the neighborhood. It's a NET and I am positive (without question) there is a chocolate component in it as well (a strong component too). When I receive this flavor from the vendor it is a very light amber. Just like you see with your typical Mid Americas NET (Central America, northern South America, Carribean, etc.). They also tend to be light amber. Even with my ADV the tobacco flavor is weak, just like these Mid America NETS. So I'm fairly certain my ADV has one of these NETs in it. That's why I went with Stixx Mixx because he has a number of these types of NETs. So I have this part figured out.

Next is to figure out that chocolate component. Geez, there are countless chocolates out there. I have 10 chocolate sfts about the same age as my ADV. The thing with my ADV (and many e-juice flavors for that matter) is it changes colors. Within a few weeks my ADV becomes darker and oranger (medium/dark amber). So I took out all my chocolate sfts and held them next to my ADV. Seven of the 10 chocolates were no where near the same color. Three of the 10 were very close. So I'm guessing whatever chocolate is common to these three is likely what is in my ADV. The three chocolates are:

Chocolate Chunks (WF)
    Chocolate (INW).

Chocolate (TFA)
    Chocolate Mousse (VTA)
    Milk Chocolate (TFA)
    White Chocolate (RF)
    Cocoa SC (WF)

Is there a type of chocolate common to these three that are close in color to my ADV? Any thoughts here?
    Not a milk chocolate type and not a dark chocolate but something in between.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Damn it this thread moves SO fast, like, I can't keep up. Which is probably good keeps my flavor count semi rational,

I LOATHE flavors and one shots that are named "Country Foxhole" and "Leomandoanl Cosmic with Moony Vanilla."

It's just not ALWAY the "looking it up" although that part SUCKS.; It's also the names themselves too, it's like you don't label it's "Flavor" and your dead meat. You are staring at Country foxhole going, "Okay is that the taste of the dead fox, or the warm delicious eggs he ate as he was like, being chased."

And then you hurl.

LOL I had my first zombie day at work, man and I sucked. Fortunately I am SILGHTLY more equipped to handle it except one of my LIGAMENTS hurts and I was already hurting but who knows. Maybe it's all this WALKING from patient to patient not the SINGLE dose of like death abx I took. I decided since I got home at SIX to take it as a sign non to do yoga, dude.

I save so much money by working. The husband was not picking up, here' s hope he's late, not dead (contracts may have IDK done SOMETHING.'

I left him the message. "Hi... Uh late I guess." That is true love for you.

Anna
    I do hope you didn’t take something you should’nt?

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Not a milk chocolate type and not a dark chocolate but something in between.
    I purposely did not opine because I didn't want to influence anyone's answer, but I have the exact same opinion as yours. It's not a milk chocolate but not a dark chocolate either. Somewhere in the middle of that. Exactly!

And that's exactly how the chocolate component in my ADV tastes. Not either but definitely chocolate.

kas122461

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    Indiana, USA

Chocolate Chunks (WF)
    Chocolate (INW).

Chocolate (TFA)
    Chocolate Mousse (VTA)
    Milk Chocolate (TFA)
    White Chocolate (RF)
    Cocoa SC (WF)

Do you like any of those chocolates? If you do I would just forget about the color, and go with the one you like, or try combining a couple. That can sometimes result in a more realistic flavor. :|

KAS

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I purposely did not opine because I didn't want to influence anyone's answer, but I have the exact same opinion as yours. It's not a milk chocolate but not a dark chocolate either. Somewhere in the middle of that. Exactly!

And that's exactly how the chocolate component in my ADV tastes. Not either but definitely chocolate.
    For some reason I’m thinking regular Hershey bar

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012

I haven’t had DF in ages, but don’t discount some kind of sweetener in there as well. I remember DF as very sweet.

Reactions: NolaMel

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Do you like any of those chocolates? If you do I would just forget about the color, and go with the one you like, or try combining a couple. That can sometimes result in a more realistic flavor. :|

KAS
    The one I like is the one in my ADV. :)

Yes, I will be trying these sfts later this week. I can do sfts and try this and try that and blend this and blend that but I think I can save some time by doing a little forensics here. Just by judging color I have narrowed it down to three juices. If there is something common to those three then bingo! :)

But I am thinking it is a combo. Probably milk chocolate and a dark. That's what my chocolate cookie recipe has in it and I liked the chocolate combination. Haven't tested the ratios yet. Seems I like the taste of milk chocoloate (and I do!) but like the heft of the dark chocolate...perhaps.

What are the Double Chocolates? Is that a milk/dark combo.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

It sounds to me like you’re getting more of a slight chocolate taste as apposed to an outright taste .

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    For some reason I’m thinking regular Hershey bar
    That's what I keep thinking is in my ADV. Hershey bar or a Kiss (my two favorite chocolates to eat). Keep me away from those two. I'll eat an entire bag in one sitting. That's why I don't buy it. I'm serious, I am as addicted to chocolate as anything else.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    That's what I keep thinking is in my ADV. Hershey bar or a Kiss (my two favorite chocolates to eat). Keep me away from those two. I'll eat an entire bag in one sitting. That's why I don't buy it. I'm serious, I am as addicted to chocolate as anything else.
    Lindt

• Love

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    It sounds to me like you’re getting more of a slight chocolate taste as apposed to an outright taste .
    I wouldn't categorize it as slight. It is most definitely present. In fact, people around me smelling it instantly say it smells like chocolate. Now, it is tempered somewhat by the NET so I would say it has a medium presence (if that makes sense).

Users who are viewing this thread