Random DIY mixing and More

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
Been out of sorts and up to my eyeballs lately... A bit of good news, but unfortunately lots of stress... My (22 yr old) car should be ready for me to pick up tonight (fingers crossed :nun:). Needed to have that damned sensor replaced (or it would not pass inspection), an oil change, and a part replaced in the driver door (getting in/out from the passenger side was not fun). Will cost me $485, but at least I'll be mobile again, so I won't have to use my husband's car. Yay... Independence!

Speaking of... I really wish I could hog tie him and drag him to a psychiatrist, because he's needed meds for years. Bipolar disorder runs on his mom's side of the family (mom, grandmother, brother, nephew, cousin...) and he has been flipping out on me for every little thing, especially if he can't get his way. He wanted us to do Christmas this year, but my family decided to go elsewhere (we are invited, too), but he flipped out, blaming me for not asking early enough. The host is the son of my sister's best friend, who we included in all family functions, because she had no family of her own. She has since passed away, yet we still include him as family (he calls us Aunts & my mom, Grandma). He is getting married next month, so last year he told my family he wants to do Christmas every year going forward. We think it's because we always included them, so he wants to give back. My husband fails to understand that and blamed me. I explained to him that this was decided last year without our knowledge (we went over to his friend's house). His fiance's family will also be there, so there's no way I can expect him to change locations. My husband got in my face, screaming at the top of his lungs, in a very intimidating way, telling me to get out, and is now not speaking to me at all.

My son is doing absolutely horrible in school and has been having fits of anger to the point of destruction (mostly inanimate objects). I made an appointment for diagnosis for today, because I need to know if he is suffering from the same thing. I spoke to him about it last night and he is fine with it. I totally expected him to be angry, but he wasn't. He hates his father, because of the way he acts. I have to admit that I hate who he is right now, too, and wish he cared more about people instead of the Xbox. He insists that he's sane and everyone else is crazy. I will probably have to leave him at some point, because the stress is killing me. My son told me that he would want to come with me, if that happens. I dread the repercussions I'm certain will occur, so I will need to start preparing, if that moment comes. My son and I have an agreement that he will call 911, if he sees my husband hurt me.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to. No vape related stuff to gush on about. Sorry for the length, I just needed to get that out. Work has now totally changed for me, with 2 different managers to work for and an impending move to Midtown (which will significantly add to my commute), so I needed to vent a bit. Thankfully, my UC is still under control, despite the stress. Hope all of you are well!

I can feel your stress in every line of your post. I'm sorry you are dealing with this and from someone who is supposed to be your best friend. It's not right at all. I was raised in house very much like yours, mother and I cheered when he'd have to work the weekends. As a youngster, growing up in a house like that molds you in ways I never realized. Anxiety around others, self doubt, etc.. all comes into play. Leave him, that kind of behavior and the mental process behind it (blaming, placing guilt) does not simply go away.

I hope you are okay. Preparation is key at this point. Please be careful.

Thomas
(who is worried)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Been out of sorts and up to my eyeballs lately... A bit of good news, but unfortunately lots of stress... My (22 yr old) car should be ready for me to pick up tonight (fingers crossed :nun:). Needed to have that damned sensor replaced (or it would not pass inspection), an oil change, and a part replaced in the driver door (getting in/out from the passenger side was not fun). Will cost me $485, but at least I'll be mobile again, so I won't have to use my husband's car. Yay... Independence!

Speaking of... I really wish I could hog tie him and drag him to a psychiatrist, because he's needed meds for years. Bipolar disorder runs on his mom's side of the family (mom, grandmother, brother, nephew, cousin...) and he has been flipping out on me for every little thing, especially if he can't get his way. He wanted us to do Christmas this year, but my family decided to go elsewhere (we are invited, too), but he flipped out, blaming me for not asking early enough. The host is the son of my sister's best friend, who we included in all family functions, because she had no family of her own. She has since passed away, yet we still include him as family (he calls us Aunts & my mom, Grandma). He is getting married next month, so last year he told my family he wants to do Christmas every year going forward. We think it's because we always included them, so he wants to give back. My husband fails to understand that and blamed me. I explained to him that this was decided last year without our knowledge (we went over to his friend's house). His fiance's family will also be there, so there's no way I can expect him to change locations. My husband got in my face, screaming at the top of his lungs, in a very intimidating way, telling me to get out, and is now not speaking to me at all.

My son is doing absolutely horrible in school and has been having fits of anger to the point of destruction (mostly inanimate objects). I made an appointment for diagnosis for today, because I need to know if he is suffering from the same thing. I spoke to him about it last night and he is fine with it. I totally expected him to be angry, but he wasn't. He hates his father, because of the way he acts. I have to admit that I hate who he is right now, too, and wish he cared more about people instead of the Xbox. He insists that he's sane and everyone else is crazy. I will probably have to leave him at some point, because the stress is killing me. My son told me that he would want to come with me, if that happens. I dread the repercussions I'm certain will occur, so I will need to start preparing, if that moment comes. My son and I have an agreement that he will call 911, if he sees my husband hurt me.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to. No vape related stuff to gush on about. Sorry for the length, I just needed to get that out. Work has now totally changed for me, with 2 different managers to work for and an impending move to Midtown (which will significantly add to my commute), so I needed to vent a bit. Thankfully, my UC is still under control, despite the stress. Hope all of you are well!
    Debbie. I feel so bad for you and really wish there was a way for you to leave a potentially dangerous scenario as soon as possible.:(

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I can feel your stress in every line of your post. I'm sorry you are dealing with this and from someone who is supposed to be your best friend. It's not right at all. I was raised in house very much like yours, mother and I cheered when he'd have to work the weekends. As a youngster, growing up in a house like that molds you in ways I never realized. Anxiety around others, self doubt, etc.. all comes into play. Leave him, that kind of behavior and the mental process behind it (blaming, placing guilt) does not simply go away.

I hope you are okay. Preparation is key at this point. Please be careful.

Thomas
    (who is worried)
    I so agree with you

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

You are one tough cookie to deal with all of that. At some point it's just not worth putting up with the verbal abuse. Good luck to you.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    @Bronze , I dripped a little of the HHV Dragon fire this morning since I had extra time. I had a dentist appointment and had a half hour to kill before going. I swear I tasted some type of alcohol on the first few puffs. To me the chocolate is a little bitter kind of like a cocoa. I'm going to mix up a couple sft of some chocolates when I get a chance to compare. I don't know if I have a good net to try them with. The ones I got from Pappa have a natural sweetness to them. I did read a little bit where people had posted about tasting banana in it. I can see where they get that but I'm not really thinking there is banana flavor in it. I also read after trying it that some people steep for a few days with the cap off. That makes me think that I was correct in tasting an alcohol in it. I've had flavors before that have alcohol in them and need to be open steeped to let the alcohol evaporate. I can definitely see why you like the dragon fire so much. It's really pretty good.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    May 31, 2014
    @Bronze , I dripped a little of the HHV Dragon fire this morning since I had extra time. I had a dentist appointment and had a half hour to kill before going. I swear I tasted some type of alcohol on the first few puffs. To me the chocolate is a little bitter kind of like a cocoa. I'm going to mix up a couple sft of some chocolates when I get a chance to compare. I don't know if I have a good net to try them with. The ones I got from Pappa have a natural sweetness to them. I did read a little bit where people had posted about tasting banana in it. I can see where they get that but I'm not really thinking there is banana flavor in it. I also read after trying it that some people steep for a few days with the cap off. That makes me think that I was correct in tasting an alcohol in it. I've had flavors before that have alcohol in them and need to be open steeped to let the alcohol evaporate. I can definitely see why you like the dragon fire so much. It's really pretty good.

I was but a newb 5 years ago and Bronze advised me then to remove the caps to let that alcohol air out. If I can remember correctly he said 48 hours. I liked Dragon's Fire and Pirate's Booty, however the creamy vanilla used in Shadow was my favorite. I still consider it one of the best vanilla flavored ejuices I've ever tried.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Yes, Hitt. They use alcohol in the extraction process. Fairly common. And it's possible there are some traces of it in the blend. Most of the time there's not but if they are using some real fresh extract then I can see there being traces in it. We've told HHV newbs to keep the cap off overnight so any traces can evaporate (some vendors like Ahlusion recommended cap off for 15 minutes). More often than not this is unnecessary as alcohol evaporates quickly and even with fresh extract it goes bye bye in short order. But not at all surprised if you taste it out of the box. It wont last.

Did you get a whiff of the juice yet? Smells like soggy coffee grounds to me.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I was but a newb 5 years ago and Bronze advised me then to remove the caps to let that alcohol air out. If I can remember correctly he said 48 hours. I liked Dragon's Fire and Pirate's Booty, however the creamy vanilla used in Shadow was my favorite. I still consider it one of the best vanilla flavored ejuices I've ever tried.
    Heavenly Army has the exact same creamy background as Shadow. Temptation too.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Temptation is a favorite as well. Actually, I liked all of them with the exception of the gummy bear one.
    That gummy bear one is gone. For the life of me I cannot remember the name of it (my memory is totally shot). It tasted like licorice to me. Few people liked that one. I think that's why it's gone.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yes, Hitt. They use alcohol in the extraction process. Fairly common. And it's possible there are some traces of it in the blend. Most of the time there's not but if they are using some real fresh extract then I can see there being traces in it. We've told HHV newbs to keep the cap off overnight so any traces can evaporate (some vendors like Ahlusion recommended cap off for 15 minutes). More often than not this is unnecessary as alcohol evaporates quickly and even with fresh extract it goes bye bye in short order. But not at all surprised if you taste it out of the box. It wont last.

Did you get a whiff of the juice yet? Smells like soggy coffee grounds to me.

Well at least I know I wasn't imagining it. I tried to get a whiff of it with the cap off. It does have a bit of an off smell. I read a couple reviews where people mentioned a spicy taste. Do you get that? I felt like I picked up on a honey type flavor also.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA

Good news on the car, and on your son, that he's willing to see about getting some help. Not so good on the rest, and NOT being willing to seek qualified help is all too common. Yes, it can "run" in a family.
    prayerwheel2.gif

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Well at least I know I wasn't imagining it. I tried to get a whiff of it with the cap off. It does have a bit of an off smell. I read a couple reviews where people mentioned a spicy taste. Do you get that? I felt like I picked up on a honey type flavor also.
    No spice for me, Hitt. And some have mentioned banana and/or honey. I can understand that but I don't think it's either of them. I remain convinced the largest flavor component is in the chocolate/cocoa category with perhaps a very small shaper like malt or graham or something similar that gives the juice a little bit of heft. Keep in mind I do not vape DF out of the mailbox so you may be getting some notes I haven't tasted since my very early days of running out of DF and having no patience for steeping once I received it. :)

wetclay

ECF Veteran
    Oct 4, 2010
    UAE
    Worlds apart. I’all let someone else describe taste,
    I tried NETs twice, once my own diy and once the sample box from Black Note. I didn't care much for both although I like tobaccos. I get a grassy earthy taste. Wondering if I should give NETs another try after reading your posts guys or maybe they are not for me.

Users who are viewing this thread