Random DIY mixing and More

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Is the OSDIY Arnold Palmer a SNV?
I think so also. May be good to allow it to sit overnight to settle and melt with pg/vg/nic but its not mandatory.

I always think its a good idea for new diy mixers to begin with one shot type flavoring. 1- its so easy and helps to build confidence in ---yes you can do this. And 2 - it gives you something to vape while learning about diy.

Good luck and enjoy.......I have always liked OSDIY and arnold palmer is a fav of mine.

:)

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I think so also. May be good to allow it to sit overnight to settle and melt with pg/vg/nic but its not mandatory.

I always think its a good idea for new diy mixers to begin with one shot type flavoring. 1- its so easy and helps to build confidence in ---yes you can do this. And 2 - it gives you something to vape while learning about diy.

Good luck and enjoy.......I have always liked OSDIY and arnold palmer is a fav of mine.

Thank you! It has been a relief and confidence builder to realize that I can make something I can enjoy vaping!

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thank you! It has been a relief and confidence builder to realize that I can make something I can enjoy vaping!
    One shots are an excellent way to start out. They also give you something decent to vape while your first mixes are steeping :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good luck with that one Fran. I just haven't ever found a booze type flavor that I've liked.
    I'm not really looking for booze here. The "sour" got my attention. Just hoping it's a useful flavor for me. Going to put some in the tank soon.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning all, looks like an inside day here, as more storms roll through. Thankfully we'll actually get some snow higher up (good place ;) ), finally!

1774878.gif

Reactions: Iron Molly

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The FLV Amaretto Sour won't win any good taste contests but it is tart which is what I wanted to know. Also not at all boozy. I'm sure a small amount in a too sweet recipe wouldn't be tasted.

So you're planning on using it as an additive? Why not just use tfa sour or something like that?

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I keep getting bored with recipes. I had a long drive on a service call this morning and had three mods and a pod with me and was tired of all four by the time I got back to work.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    So you're planning on using it as an additive? Why not just use tfa sour or something like that?
    True additives have never worked for me. If I use Sour in a mix it doesn't blend in the mix to my tastebuds. So I will still taste the too sweet mix and the sour will be just a separate sour taste. The best way I can explain it.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I keep getting bored with recipes. I had a long drive on a service call this morning and had three mods and a pod with me and was tired of all four by the time I got back to work.
    All different flavors? You sure get bored fast.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I use sour in my menthol tobacco mix and haven't really noticed a separate sour taste but I think your tastebuds are more sensitive than mine. For that I'm thankful because I sure enjoy a lot of your recipes.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I use sour in my menthol tobacco mix and haven't really noticed a separate sour taste but I think your tastebuds are more sensitive than mine. For that I'm thankful because I sure enjoy a lot of your recipes.
    I'm glad you found some of mine you like:thumbs:

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    WF Fruit and Cream is good. Tasty and not overly sweet. I get mixed berries out of the fruit but others might get something different but in any case, it's quite tasty IMO.

Good! Is it good enough for a stand-alone juice? Is it tart? I love the tart fruits.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I hear ya Hitt. That is one reason I have so many flavors, and mods in rotation, and still sometimes find myself wanting a new mix. I just don't have the time for a mixing session. Maybe after the first of the year......

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good! Is it good enough for a stand-alone juice? Is it tart? I love the tart fruits.
    It's not really my thing but it is good enough for a stand alone IMO. It's not tart at all, just not much sweetness. You could add 1% INW Rhubarb for tartness. If you don't have it you should get it if you like tart.

Users who are viewing this thread