Random DIY mixing and More

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
@Bronze I got my 2 bottle Stixx order today. Can I get some ideas for the Dark Fire, please?
First thing I'd do is mix it alone at 6 - 8% and give it a vape. I like it alone. But only in short intervals as it gets to be too much beyond an hour or so.

I can't confirm any recipes yet as the ones I am testing are in a coma for another week. My intention with a couple of these recipes is not to change the flavor of the Dark Fire any more than I have to. I simply want to make them more durable (so they can vape for longer intervals) by adding a touch of a subtle-sweet fruit. To this end, I mixed two separate recipes both with 7% DF + 1% Banana (CAP) in one and 1% Banana (HS) in the other. I'm hoping this tempers the smokiness of the DF without turning it into a banana vape. I also made a recipe using DF and Apricot but I kind of spaced out when I mixed it. I mixed 8% DF and added 3% Apricot (1.5% (FA) + 1.5% (TFA)). I was following the Honduran Fruit recipe by mistake. I left it as is. Oh well. I'm also using DF in my Caramel Apple tobacco recipe. I'm kind of struggling with that one so I thought I'd use the DF in place of the Havana Primed. Since you don't taste apple this last recipe is useless to you. Might try a touch of dark berry too. But again, IMO, not too much...just a touch as not to hide the DF.

In general, darker flavors would do well with Dark Fire. And in my mind, in lower concentrations. The Dark Fire imparts plenty of nice flavor. My aim is to improve the durability of it more than anything.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    First thing I'd do is mix it alone at 6 - 8% and give it a vape. I like it alone. But only in short intervals as it gets to be too much beyond an hour or so.

I can't confirm any recipes yet as the ones I am testing are in a coma for another week. My intention with a couple of these recipes is not to change the flavor of the Dark Fire any more than I have to. I simply want to make them more durable (so they can vape for longer intervals) by adding a touch of a subtle-sweet fruit. To this end, I mixed two separate recipes both with 7% DF + 1% Banana (CAP) in one and 1% Banana (HS) in the other. I'm hoping this tempers the smokiness of the DF without turning it into a banana vape. I also made a recipe using DF and Apricot but I kind of spaced out when I mixed it. I mixed 8% DF and added 3% Apricot (1.5% (FA) + 1.5% (TFA)). I was following the Honduran Fruit recipe by mistake. I left it as is. Oh well. I'm also using DF in my Caramel Apple Tobacco recipe. I'm kind of struggling with that one so I thought I'd use the DF in place of the Havana Primed. Since you don't taste apple this last recipe is useless to you. Might try a touch of dark berry too. But again, IMO, not too much...just a touch as not to hide the DF.

In general, darker flavors would do well with Dark Fire. And in my mind, in lower concentrations. The Dark Fire imparts plenty of nice flavor. My aim is to improve the durability of it more than anything.
    Thank you. :) I'll split the difference and go with 7% to start. One with DF solo and one with a touch of fruit. I will have to check my fruit list. I expect to like the DF. Will be very surprised if I don't.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Thank you. :) I'll split the difference and go with 7% to start. One with DF solo and one with a touch of fruit. I will have to check my fruit list. I expect to like the DF. Will be very surprised if I don't.
    Good luck! One thing that can be said, Dark Fire is not boring. :)

dc99

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Wow, y'all weren't kidding about FA Blackberry being floral. I added it at 1% to a mix, its straight perfume lol. Hope it improves with a long steep time :p
    You can mix it at .001% and steep it 10yrs and its still perfume.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Dammit, Bronze :lol: You got my lazy .... moving again. 10ml of Dark Fire Mixed at 7%. I’ll be checking my fruit list now.:)

My choice of a fruit will be INW Black Currant at 1 1/2%.
    Good choice. I’d use only 1%. Our collective results may steer us in a different direction but I believe 1% is a good starting point.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    The nice thing about these recipes is it’s only two ingredients so tweaking is made easier. I like that! :)
    I'm going to do 15ml with the fruit mix. I may do the 1% but I have the 1 1/2 stuck in my head.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Instead of torturing myself I think I’m going to piff the Stixx NETs that I don’t like to a friend. I’d be very happy to have 2 I like.
    I’ve had several NET vendors where I found only one winner and I was thrilled. Had many with zero winners too.

Users who are viewing this thread