Random DIY mixing and More

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Take it easy out there Fran. That Stixx Mixx isn't going anywhere.
    Waiting for my SIL to get home and get the mail out of the box. No hurry to fall on that ice when you can’t see it under the little snow

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I have two 2FTs on the block today. First up is Banana Dark Fire. This is iteration #4. Started vaping it. I'm encouraged by early returns. Need to vape it for awhile longer. Later I will test my Apricot Dark Fire Iteration #2. Looking forward to that one too. It's a Dark Fire kinda day I guess. :)

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    It wasen’t easy to get you to steep:lol:
    I think the key to steeping is to have your pipeline filled with your rotation of flavors. Or, in my case, filled with my DIY projects (though that is transitioning to actual flavors I enjoy). As long as you have something ready to come out of the pipeline it makes it easier to be patient with recipes you just mixed.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    That's a good price. Do they have the 4ml pods?
    Sadly, no... but I think the regulars are like .60 cents each. They also had Cascade tanks for @$3. Wish I could recall who it was that liked them. You could get ten for the price of what one cost originally!

My Stixx flavors are here... any guidelines on %, and I’m guessing at least a 30 day steep? I got black, cherry and butter rum cavendishes; h primed, dark fire, and honduran ligero. The only note I have so far is the butter rum at 8%

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Sadly, no... but I think the regulars are like .60 cents each. They also had Cascade tanks for @$3. Wish I could recall who it was that liked them. You could get ten for the price of what one cost originally!

My Stixx flavors are here... any guidelines on %, and I’m guessing at least a 30 day steep? I got black, cherry and butter rum cavendishes; h primed, dark fire, and honduran ligero. The only note I have so far is the butter rum at 8%
    With the cherry, and cavendishes I'd go 8% as a standalone. Most people go in the 5 - 10% range. 8 is a good compromise.

Do you like melon, raspberry, or peach?

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think the key to steeping is to have your pipeline filled with your rotation of flavors. Or, in my case, filled with my DIY projects (though that is transitioning to actual flavors I enjoy). As long as you have something ready to come out of the pipeline it makes it easier to be patient with recipes you just mixed.
    Exactly

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States
    I hope its okay for me to post a question here. Anyone know of a vendor in the states who sells Inawera cuban tobacco absolute? The only place I found it so far is vapers teK in Ok. Are they reputable? (I have to jaunt for a bit but will respond later if anyone has ideas/thoughts?)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I hope its okay for me to post a question here. Anyone know of a vendor in the states who sells Inawera cuban tobacco absolute? The only place I found it so far is vapers teK in Ok. Are they reputable? (I have to jaunt for a bit but will respond later if anyone has ideas/thoughts?)

I've ordered from vapers tek before with no problem.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Not real thrilled at the idea of walking out to the mailbox. The driveway is hazardous.
    If you mean slippery (icy) do you have "shoe grippers"? They are rubber stretch over things with grippers on the bottom. I lived in the mountains (5000 ft) and they were a lifesaver!

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    With the cherry, and cavendishes I'd go 8% as a standalone. Most people go in the 5 - 10% range. 8 is a good compromise.

Do you like melon, raspberry, or peach?
    Yes, yes and yes. I’m pretty happy with any fruit. Or bakery, or custard/cheesecake, cream for that matter. I can definitely go sweeter than Fran, but just enough to bring a flavor out, not make it sugary

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Yes, yes and yes. I’m pretty happy with any fruit. Or bakery, or custard/cheesecake, cream for that matter. I can definitely go sweeter than Fran, but just enough to bring a flavor out, not make it sugary
    Try your favorite raspberry or peach. Mix 8% Honduran Ligero with 3% fruit. Steep 2 weeks and enjoy. I go 1.5% Raspberry FW + 1.5% Raspberry FA. Also 1.5% Juicy Peach (TFA) + 1.5% White Peach (FA). But use what you have and like.

Honduran Ligero does not necessarily work with all fruits. But to date, it works good with raspberry, peach, and honeydew/cantaloupe. Sounds like Fran is making it work with a couple of her fruit favorites. Both of us are experimenting with other fruits too and will post results when we get them. So far it has failed with grapefruit, strawberry, and tangerine. Still working on those, however.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Pretty much done with my Banana Dark Fire 2FT. I have only 0.5% Banana (CAP) in it. Can't decide if that's the right amount. That usually means it is. I'm getting enough of the Dark Fire coming through and the little bit of banana has tempered the smokiness. This is what I want it to do. The banana isn't too strong either. It's a little bit confusing. The first puff or two the banana is there then subsequent puffs it fades and I get more Dark Fire. I think I'll move on to my Apricot Dark Fire and come back to the Banana Dark Fire again and see what I think.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I have two 2FTs on the block today. First up is Banana Dark Fire. This is iteration #4. Started vaping it. I'm encouraged by early returns. Need to vape it for awhile longer. Later I will test my Apricot Dark Fire Iteration #2. Looking forward to that one too. It's a Dark Fire kinda day I guess. :)
    Interested in thoughts on the apricot

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    All questions are welcome.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    If you mean slippery (icy) do you have "shoe grippers"? They are rubber stretch over things with grippers on the bottom. I lived in the mountains (5000 ft) and they were a lifesaver!
    I do have those. Just lazy and didn’t want to dig them out.

Reactions: NolaMel

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Good day DIYers! I hope everyone is doing well. I didn’t get a chance to mix over the weekend but I have today off and am going to mix @PJReid ‘s Creamy Pillow Mint, a recipe which sounds right up my alley. I also plan on mixing several peach SFTs.
    I am wondering: do you all have something you use to clear your palate after each SFT? Should I smell coffee in between each taste?

Users who are viewing this thread