The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I was wrong earlier. SIL did bring in the mail. Really wasen’t much hurry cause not sure when I’m gonna mix.

• Like Like x 4
  2. newyork13

newyork13 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    ok. So I've tried it now in a Kabuki and it's not bad, but kinda bland. But, the Kabuki (using an Aspire coil) has been less flavorful for me recently, compared to the Berserker or even the Zlide. So, the jury is still out for me.

• Like Like x 4
  3. newyork13

newyork13 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 9, 2013
    western Massachusetts
    I've always found cinnamon vapes to be very irritating, except for one: cinnamon sugar cookie from NET.com. Clay suggested it to me and I told him the same thing, and he sent me a sample (way back when it was legal) and it was great.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. vaper1960

vaper1960 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I've mentioned this before.. FA cinnamon ceylon. Very mild, more "spicy" than "red-hots" flavor. I add a little to other flavors like french toast and apple pie (that even in cooking I like a bit more cinnamon than most people)

• Like Like x 5
  5. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    If you can figure out how to sleepwalk mix, you won't notice the steep time so much. Only.... I can only IMAGINE what sleepwalk mixes would taste like, steeped or unsteeped, but well, there is only ONE way to find out. LOL.

I don't mind steeping if I think it will have a good payoff. Well, I mind it less.

Anna

• Like Like x 4
  6. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Best way to steep is to have enough stuff already steeped.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    I'm not worried. Really ripe brie smells pretty rank, too, but it sure tastes delicious.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. dc99

dc99 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2014
    earth
    Fran, you still using it in cheesecake? You ever tried HS Italian Cream in CC? Not sweet and adds a nice cream cheese tang note

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Sometimes. I use the mascarpone cheese also. I have the Ha Italian Cream and it’s good but the first two are more cheesy. I use the Mascarpone the most I think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning mixing folks. Have you any plans today? I'm thinking about a chocolate NET mix.

• Like Like x 5
  11. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    My only plan today is to try to make it through another day of work. It's too early in the year to be feeling burned out.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    To not throw up? Is that a legit mix? Not feeling so hot this a.m. and hoping improves.

Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Not any mix I want. Hope you feel better.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Must be the crappy weather.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Well, one should ALWAYS smell the coffee ;)

Coffee, tea, water, or just a totally different flavor profile works for me.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ChelsB

ChelsB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 12, 2016
    California
    Thanks for the reply! Maybe I’ll try a batch with the FLV cream as I definitely like sweet! I’m giving it a few days to steep before I try it but I’m pretty much positive I’ll like it!

• Like Like x 5
  17. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Announcing another winner.

Apricot Dark Fire

Dark Fire (Stixx Mixx) 8%
    Apricot (FA) 0.25%
    Apricot (TFA) 0.25%

My goal with this recipe was to simply temper the smokiness/dryness of the Dark Fire without changing the flavor of the tobacco too much. Why? Because I like the flavor of Dark Fire and I want that flavor to come thru. But as with many NETs, Dark Fire can be a bit rich (savory) and dry. This lends itself to being a vape that gets old quick. The purpose of the apricot is to extend its vapeability by lubricating it with a flavor that marries up with the darkish, smoky flavor of the NET. Apricot does this very well because it is a darker fruit. Not much clashing here. Even at 0.5% fruit level, I can still taste the apricot but not to the point where I would call this an apricot vape. Some will prefer higher levels of apricot. But in my mind, it would begin taking away from the Dark Fire. So each person will have to decide their preferred ratio for themselves. As for me, fruit flavors grow old fast as well so this is a case where marrying up two flavors helps make each more durable and longer lasting.

Note: This is not a wimpy flavor. It is on the strong side. One could equally cut all the ingredients by 30 - 40% and likely still get a flavorful vape.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Just got Dark Fire in my order yesterday, and was wondering what I was going to do with it...if I'd like it as standalone, or add to another tobacco. I don't have any fruits on-hand, except for a couple of strawberries I got a while back. Never could make those work for me. Maybe I'll have to try this one.

By the way, which SM recipe is winning in the "durability" contest so far for you? If I'm gonna go down the NET/Fruit path, I might as well order a few.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I have yet to have strawberry NET vape that is working very good for me either. But I have three more strawberry sfts almost ready to try so I haven't given up on them yet. Strawberry is one of my fave fruits so I want to give it my all.

As for durability, I'm thinking the Honduran Peach and this Apricot Dark Fire are the most durable (mainly because the fruit flavors I am using are very genuine). The Honduran Raspberry and Honduran Berry Mix do alright as well. Honduran Melon the least. Keep in mind, everyone is going to have different tolerance levels meaning some will like more fruit and less NET (and visa versa). These are very simple recipes so you can easily change the NET:fruit ratio that suits you best. So don't just try one ratio and say it sucks if you think changing the ratio would be more to your liking.

• Like Like x 5
  20. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    And another winner...

Banana Dark Fire

Dark Fire (Stixx Mixx) 7%
    Banana (CAP) 0.5%

I enjoy this one too but probably not as much as the Apricot version. It just depends on what each individual prefers fruit-wise. But I can seriously vape this one too. It's the brighter version of Apricot Dark Fire. Again, just a small amount of banana is used to allow the Dark Fire to come thru.

I got this goofy idea that it is possible that a banana-apricot combination would make for a medium flavored Dark Fire brew. But has anyone ever mixed apricot and banana? I googled it and sure enough there are lots of apricot-banana breads, bundt cakes, smoothies, muffins, etc... So yes, people do combine apricot and banana! So I will go half apricot and half banana keeping the total fruit level at 0.5% and see how that vapes out. I'll just use existing stock and let it steep a week. Apricot and banana are going well with Dark Fire. I'm guessing any darker, subtly sweet, musty fruit would work,

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2