The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Random DIY mixing and More

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by FranC, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hittman

hittman ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Bronze, you have become a real mixing wizard. I think you've come up with more original stuff than I have.

• Like Like x 7
  2. FranC

FranC TWR Co-Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thank you

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. PJReid

PJReid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I like the FLV Cream a lot too. I am experimenting with the Creamy Butter Mint recipe by subbing out the heavy cream with a different heavy cream. Today I mixed it with FA Whipped Cream at 2% and with CCW Devon Cream at 2%. Both of those need a few days to steep and I will report the results. The FLV Cream might well end up being the best of the bunch but it is nice to be able to offer subs so that people can use what they have on hand.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    @Bronze is a quick study. He's both annoying and useful in that way. As I have mentioned before, he reminds me of my brother in that aspect.

I mean, not in general. Just that. Like being Bobby Fisher Jr at chess (he was 3 years older) and like, my mom would make me play him and yes, I learned some things along the way (like, mostly how to lose gracefully, EVEN when your opponent like, says, witheringly "You are so stupid, Anna.")

I'm not saying like, Bronze would ever do THAT but not unlike my mother and certain siblings, like, there is a competence level that becomes a bit scary and you gotta start looking for the fatal flaw to even be able to look in the mirror.

Someday.... I will find it. I will not share it, because my fatal flaw is my kindness. Mainly because THE DOCTOR who said he was all FINE with like, prescribing my natural thyroid (at two visits) like, decided I could JUST take Synthroid when I TOLD him at my first visit, he PROMISED not to do that and this is why I stayed. It was all like "No thyroid for you!" and I was like ffffffffffffffffff:censored: motherffffffffffff:censored:er, I am going to have to go to MEXICO tomorrow because I am out.

Mexican medicines are like terrifying if you research them, they are SO WACK. I mean, my usual dose of thyroid contains 18 mcg of T3. They don't make natural thyroid there or whatever, nor do they make combinations, as far as I could tell. They make some WACK ... stuff that has 75 mcg of T3 ALONE in in and that seems a terrifying (to me) amount. I think it's for extreme dieters and bodybuilders who don't care if they have palpitations. Also, it's a CAPSULE like item and well, I'm sorry, you can't split a capsule (may or may not be time released) so I was trying to find me T3/T4 medications and no pharmacy wants to say over the phone, "Why YES, we DO carry the death T3 PILL, my fine friendly DEA agent."

So, I was planning to go to the pharmacies that hung up on me, but I was NOT happy about it.

Then, in an abrupt reversal of fortune, the doc called me in a 1 month supply and is sending me to an endocrinologist,

My thoughts are F:censored:K ALL Y'ALL I now have PLENTY of time to order like a lifetimes supply of natural thyroid, (well I can't it has a shelf life) but ENOUGH to delay this whole issue for another year at least.

THE only times I feel terrible are like today, where, as I had ran out of my thyroid meds I was like "Well, I guess I better take my last crazy thyroid lady Synthroid pill. Then I felt crappy in a different way."

I DON'T GET IT. There is not all this new, sudden information about like how natural thyroid is killing people. In fact, I should probably TAKE more T3 because like lithium does such odd stuff with it (only not Mexican dieter 75 mcg that seems like a fatally TERRIBLE amount.) I know how to deal with capsules (dilutions are easiest) BUT OY.

I'm going to my psychiatrist's endocrinologist. But if he does not make me feel BETTER than my current dose, well, I'm just going to keep taking it. If he can do better, YAY. If not, too bad.

Doctors do not pay attention enough to how you feel (physically) IMHO. It's all evidence based this and opiate that.

I get the opiate crisis and all but like people have been in drug crises since the dawn of TIME. How about some uh, non black and white thinking you know, sane and rational.

I would rather die sooner than feel how I did on Synthroid, man,. AND my numbers sucked harder.

Self sufficiency shall be my goal and it's not like I have ANY risk factors for thyroid Sudden Death. If anything I am fatter. Sheesh.

Sorry for the rant (mom) LOL.

I dealt with the insane doc today the total nutwack one, she was driving me nuts I came home and received the fatal email. I called back and was all like "Cool woohoo I was all about to go to Mexico to buy "drugs you may have saved me from CERTAIN death."

I can't even.... I say that to docs sometimes so they know what they are dealing with. Stubborn. Etc.

Anna

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Skeebo

Skeebo Vaping Master ECF Veteran

May 31, 2014
    Hello my fellow mixers!

I think..... I might have finally got everything put away. Still haven't even looked at my flavors since packing. I will need to sort through most of them to get them back in their categories. They were the last thing packed and I hurriedly threw everything in a case.

One of my terrapins started acting funny. I was worried she came down with a respiratory infection because she was swimming strange and seemed to be breathing heavy. I took her into the vet for x-rays to see if it was infection in her lungs. Instead of infection the x-rays showed 12 eggs already! It's very early in the season for her to be gravid.

I brought her back home and put her in one of my warmer tanks and moved the nesting box over for when she starts laying. It looks like it's going to be a great year.

Her is a pic of Big Mama:
    [​IMG]

• Love Love x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. rosesense

rosesense ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    She is a beauty, can't wait to see the babies.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Man. CVS did not have my prescription. I have no clue how I'm gonna make it through work tomorrow. Long underwear and extremely slow moving, probably.

I really have no idea what I will do when my pdoc like, retires. Oh well, no going to think about that now, too many problems, bad. I will just have to grit my teeth and POWER up.

I guess I could try replacing all my diet pepsi with um, they make Starbucks TRIPLE shot energy drinks now. They DO. I have been fearful to buy one, it's probably still a bad plan. OMG. yeah, not going to do that one either,

Anna

• Like Like x 2
  8. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I remember getting a juice from Indigo with banana, tobacco, maybe something else. I think it was Oorah. It really was delicious. But I couldn't hit it more than half a tank, and had to stop. I tried a number of sweet, flavored tobacco juices in those days, but regrettably, none came close to adv for me.

Back then, I really only had one main setup and a backup though. Maybe I ought to mix a tank just for desserts and a change of pace.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    She’s beautiful. So glad she isn’t sick. Waiting for baby oics

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Bronze

Bronze ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Well, in fairness these are fairly simple recipes.

:blink:

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    I find these variations as one tank flavors. Vape a tank, enjoy the hell out of it, put it up for a week. Repeat. Get enough of them and it turns into a real rotation. And with the fruits you don’t have to clean or rewick between tanks. Just vape one down and fill with the next fruit in the rotation.

• Like Like x 6
  12. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I did ot mention this one before because I haden’t tried it til today
    Dark Fire 7%
    FA Apricot .75%
    Fw Huckleberry 2%

I really like this one

• Like Like x 6
  13. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Add another one to Z’s blog.
    I don’t think I got Huckleberry Finn yet. Think it’s on my wish list.

So how is the apricot and berry mingling?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Zazie

Zazie Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Eh, I'm thinking he might. If pressed.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. FranC

Supporting member
    Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I think the slight mustyness ? Of the Huckleberry is perfect with the Dark Fire and the apricot goes well.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. *RJ*

*RJ* Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I hope @Zazie is keeping up with the these new recipes on her blog. I can’t keep up. I go see a CPA on Friday to get my taxes done once and for all. Well my break is about over. Gotta go clean up dinner dishes. :glare:

• Like Like x 6
  17. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Yeah. Darker fruits would do well with Dark Fire. Something like raisin or fig would do the trick too for those who like those fruits.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Bronze

Aug 19, 2012
    The Tar Heel State
    Hey woodchucks. Quit chuckin’ my wood!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Zazie

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Indexing the older ones is still on hold, but I've been keeping up with the new ones so the thread doesn't get away from me.

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Zazie

Supporting member
    Nov 2, 2018
    Maine, USA
    Name?

• Like Like x 2