Random DIY mixing and More

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Morning, mixers. Bright, sun shiny day, and a bucolic 30 degrees :)

dt200218.gif
I'll refrain from telling you what the weather is down here, but 30 degrees isn't bad at all, especially with a sunny day. That sounds like a perfect winter day. My ideal winter day up north is 18 degrees and sunny. 18 degrees is ideal, supposedly, for ice rinks.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
No, overnight of 30 isn't bad, but, uh, I'm not an ice rink! :lol: And actually heading for the low 50s, about average for us this time of year.

Clear skies overnight gives the low temps, but we'll take the sun for a couple days to dry out :)

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
My goal is to become a lizard :lol:

Seriously though, I have a plan in place to become a full-time Texan. Hopefully my thick northern blood thins out. It gets pretty hot and humid down here in the summer. Although, it gets pretty effing hot out on the water up north, wearing rubber boots and bibs, sun and heat reflecting off the water.. and to boot, a white deck to reflect more light and heat.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm going to write up a quick Raspberry Cheesecake to use up my base. Could end up a winner. Who knows.
Hi Fran. Have you gotten the chance to mix anything with the FW yogurt you got a while back. If you have posted anything I must have missed it as I am not here as often as I used to be.

Thx

:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hi Fran. Have you gotten the chance to mix anything with the FW yogurt you got a while back. If you have posted anything I must have missed it as I am not here as often as I used to be.

Thx

:)
    I did but I don't think the recipe was a winner. I did find that do like the FW Yogurt so I'm sticking with it. I've been stuck on cheesecake but I really do need to get back to a yogurt mix.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I've been puffing on this Honduran Blackberry all morning. It's OK. Not bad but nothing special either. I suppose if one likes blackberry it would be a good one for them. I know this is going to sound odd, but it kinda tastes like bubblegum to me. Not especially an authentic blackberry flavor. But again, it's not bad. I used two blackberry flavors split evenly. Blackberry (CAP) and Blackberry (SC) for the record. I think I will mothball this project. While it's an OK flavor I'd rather spend my time testing other flavors that have more potential to being great flavors.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've been puffing on this Honduran Blackberry all morning. It's OK. Not bad but nothing special either. I suppose if one likes blackberry it would be a good one for them. I know this is going to sound odd, but it kinda tastes like bubblegum to me. Not especially an authentic blackberry flavor. But again, it's not bad. I used two blackberry flavors split evenly. Blackberry (CAP) and Blackberry (SC) for the record. I think I will mothball this project. While it's an OK flavor I'd rather spend my time testing other flavors that have more potential to being great flavors.
    I haven't done a Blackberry. I think I would use Fa and TFA but I really don't have the desire to mix a Honduran Blackberry. Maybe some other time.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I haven't done a Blackberry. I think I would use Fa and TFA but I really don't have the desire to mix a Honduran Blackberry. Maybe some other time.
    I have enough Honduran Fruit flavors. Just finishing off the last few and moving on.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Good morning mixers. I started try the sft of the condensed milk and definitely wouldn’t call it horrible. It’s a slightly sweet cream with nice mouth feel so far. I mixed at 4%. I’ll try some more tonight.
    That's good news... I think the other person used a different brand.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I better not tell you all the predicted temp for today here in CA... let's just say I've already had to water the lawn and will be doing fertilizer soon. This happens every Feb... people plant flowers then suddenly they wake up one day and the frost is back.
    When I lived up in the mountains (5000 ft) we got the heaviest snow of the season in March. California is very diverse (coast, valleys, mountains and desert)

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there

I tried those two blackberries together and didn't care for it. After several different two flavor mixes I figured out that it was the cap that I didn't like very much. I ended up with tfa, RF, and FLV boysenberry for now.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    I tried those two blackberries together and didn't care for it. After several different two flavor mixes I figured out that it was the cap that I didn't like very much. I ended up with tfa, RF, and FLV boysenberry for now.
    Useful info. Thanks!

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I've been trying to choose "creamy" flavors... basically something lighter and not overwhelming like Custard (specifically Cap V1) Bavarian cream sounded good but wondering if it's really very different than Custard. So I thought Vienna cream is a lighter version of that (I had no idea it's more of a frosting) Then I considered Cheesecake because I love cream cheese. I ended up looking up actual recipes to make these (in real life) and realized cheesecake also has sour cream (not sure I like that) and the same for yogurt. I know it depends on the brand and specific flavor but I'm just more confused now. I did try a pre-made I liked Dinner Lady Rice pudding with jam... nice light creamy juice (and I added some DIY Boysenberry preserves) An finally, there are simple creams (and even marshmallow and meringue) I can't just order a bunch and try them all so any advice would really help. Thanks for putting up with the long post. Feel free to send me a PM too.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    My goal is to become a lizard :lol:

Seriously though, I have a plan in place to become a full-time Texan. Hopefully my thick northern blood thins out. It gets pretty hot and humid down here in the summer. Although, it gets pretty effing hot out on the water up north, wearing rubber boots and bibs, sun and heat reflecting off the water.. and to boot, a white deck to reflect more light and heat.
    White decks never made sense to me. They’re hot as Hades, and hard to get clean. The key to summer wear down here is any of the dry wick fishing clothes. That’s probably half my wardrobe lol. It’s opaque, but it lets all the air through. I prefer the pullover or quarter zips, Himself likes the button up with pockets. Shoot, with “good” jeans, they count as dress wear around here!

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I've been trying to choose "creamy" flavors... basically something lighter and not overwhelming like Custard (specifically Cap V1) Bavarian cream sounded good but wondering if it's really very different than Custard. So I thought Vienna cream is a lighter version of that (I had no idea it's more of a frosting) Then I considered Cheesecake because I love cream cheese. I ended up looking up actual recipes to make these (in real life) and realized cheesecake also has sour cream (not sure I like that) and the same for yogurt. I know it depends on the brand and specific flavor but I'm just more confused now. I did try a pre-made I liked Dinner Lady Rice pudding with jam... nice light creamy juice (and I added some DIY Boysenberry preserves) An finally, there are simple creams (and even marshmallow and meringue) I can't just order a bunch and try them all so any advice would really help. Thanks for putting up with the long post. Feel free to send me a PM too.
    Fresh Cream if you want something light and not overwhelming.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Thanks for the reminder. I do have FLV Boysenberry.

Reactions: NolaMel

NolaMel

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 17, 2012
    New Orleans
    My Cheesecakes are mixed and all I have to do is remix my base. I don't think Zazie has this in his blog

Fran's Cheesecake Base 1

TFA Cheesecake Graham 2%
    TFA Graham Clear 2%
    Cap NY Cheesecake 4%
    WF Mascarpone 1%
    I was going to say that one’s my favorite, but I use both regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread