Random DIY mixing and More

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
It was to promote the Commonwealth games. The cocktail would cost a bar a small fortune, not just ingredient wise, but also preparation. Gimmick? Sure, I would agree to that, but it had an objective that was to include a single ingredient from 71 countries. And with that objective it has held the record as the most complex cocktail.

One may be a cocktail enthusiast, but can almost guarantee you will never find this on a bar list.

I brought it up more for displaying the extremes than anything else.
Yeah, I read the story of its creation. Still silly.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
One of my biggest(most expensive) mixing mistake was when I found a recipe that had either 10 or 12 flavors and I only had one or two and ordered everything else. Some were FLV flavors. I got all the flavors, mixed it, steeped, and didn't like it at all. I'm with you folks here. Seven is about the limit on flavors in a recipe.
Dripping, right? I remember that ordeal.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning random folks. Have you any plans? Been pretty quiet in here. Ya’ll gotta be busy with something. I have 4 bottles to clean today and I want to get my biip up and running with a new coil and some juice. I want something different. Maybe a boozy one.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Good morning. With doing sft and 2ft recently, I've got another pile of 10ml bottles that need cleaned. Work started picking up again about a week ago and it feels good to have a solid backlog of work again. I like being busy at work. I don't want to look for stuff to do. That rarely happens but I like to see a 1-2 week backlog. It should make for a good commission the beginning of March.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Plans, lots of plans, but

nq200220.gif

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Good morning. With doing sft and 2ft recently, I've got another pile of 10ml bottles that need cleaned. Work started picking up again about a week ago and it feels good to have a solid backlog of work again. I like being busy at work. I don't want to look for stuff to do. That rarely happens but I like to see a 1-2 week backlog. It should make for a good commission the beginning of March.
    Glad your work is picking up. Nothing worse for a long day than boredom.

I don't have any 10ml glass bottles but that's ok. I can still make a 10ml mix in a 15ml bottle if I choose to do so. I usually don't....LOL

*RJ*

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 28, 2015
    Vaping since 8/9/2012
    I had a feeling...my 8 gauge needles shipped from China. I think I'll definitely spray it down with Lysol and leave it in the basement for a while after I get it. :unsure: In double plastic bags. That virus is scary stuff. My common sense tells me I'll be fine...but my paranoid self doesn't. People are dropping like flies from it.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Glad your work is picking up. Nothing worse for a long day than boredom.

I don't have any 10ml glass bottles but that's ok. I can still make a 10ml mix in a 15ml bottle if I choose to do so. I usually don't....LOL

I don't have any 10ml glass. All of my 10ml are plastic. I use them mostly for mixing sft and first time recipes. I rinse them out good and let them dry for reuse. I got tired of throwing away and buying hundreds of bottles.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I had a feeling...my 8 gauge needles shipped from China. I think I'll definitely spray it down with Lysol and leave it in the basement for a while after I get it. :unsure: In double plastic bags. That virus is scary stuff. My common sense tells me I'll be fine...but my paranoid self doesn't. People are dropping like flies from it.
    Yeah,I cancelled the ft order I had.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I don't have any 10ml glass. All of my 10ml are plastic. I use them mostly for mixing sft and first time recipes. I rinse them out good and let them dry for reuse. I got tired of throwing away and buying hundreds of bottles.
    Yup,I have a bunch of plastic including 10ml. I use some once in awhile but I do prefer glass.

Reactions: NolaMel

dennism

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    Dark Bourbon Cream
    Caramel-cap-3%
    Dark Vapure-fa-1%
    Bavarian Cream-fw-1%
    Kentucky Bourbon-fw-2%
    Marshmallow-fw-1.5%
    This is the original recipe as found online.
    For me it was too much Kentucky bourbon, I lowered the bourbon to 1.2% and was more to my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread